Tremont Waters | Page 23 | The Boneyard

Tremont Waters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If they get Duval, who is the #1 point guard recruit in the country, they would not have room for him even if they wanted him

But then Duke would need him, right? Which is even more worrisome to us.

Reaction Score
If we lose waters to western kentucky this board would go in full meltdown mode lol

Well we already know that guy is a hell of a recruiter. And the fact that they are even in the discussion at this point is saying something.

Reaction Score
Just reading that Zagoria article I feel he def does not want to go to UConn. I think he is just keeping our name in it because we are home school.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Just reading that Zagoria article I feel he def does not want to go to UConn. I think he is just keeping our name in it because we are home school.

It's zagoria man. He's off base all the time these days.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

Yeah but check out the direct quote:

Waters also said UConn is in the mix, but doesn’t feel the need to visit again.

“I think I visited enough, being from Connecticut and going to camps and stuff when I was younger,” said Waters, a New Haven native. “So I think I visited enough.”

UConn lost prized point guard recruit Makai Ashton-Langford, who then committed to Providence.

It’s definitely in the back of my mind, but I kind of want to see what other schools are saying and how they run their offense, stuff like that,” he said.

As others have said, we might just get him by default, which is fine, I guess. I am getting a little tired of kids second-guessing their decision or looking for the door the minute they set foot in Storrs. We need him and he'd be great for us, but I hope if he commits he does so enthusiastically.

Reaction Score

Waters also said UConn is in the mix, but doesn’t feel the need to visit again.

“I think I visited enough, being from Connecticut and going to camps and stuff when I was younger,” said Waters, a New Haven native. “So I think I visited enough.”

UConn lost prized point guard recruit Makai Ashton-Langford, who then committed to Providence.

It’s definitely in the back of my mind, but I kind of want to see what other schools are saying and how they run their offense, stuff like that,” he said.

As others have said, we might just get him by default, which is fine, I guess. I am getting a little tired of kids second-guessing their decision or looking for the door the minute they set foot in Storrs. We need him and he'd be great for us, but I hope if he commits he does so enthusiastically.

:(

Reaction Score

Yeah, the fact we are just in the back of his mind is not promising. The fact he specifically mentions "run their offenses" also scares me right now.

Reaction Score
Who are the 2 top 100 guys? Who is the Juco who started at Auburn? Sorry if I missed something I don't check in every day(?)

My point is that looking at this group, given our recent frontcourt performance and the disparity between backcourt and frontcourt quality, its pretty insane. I don't think my outlook is particularly over-the-top negative, but rather your optimism on what bodies we will be able to scare up is crazy.

Returning
Alterique - G
Jalen Adams - G
Vital - G
Larrier - W
Diarra - F (if he's healthy)
Walk-ons

Commits
Cobb - F/C - 3 star Juco formerly of South Carolina(1.1pts, 1.6rb)
Polley - F - 3/4 star, 138 ranked
Carlton - C - 3 star, 145 ranked

Cobb is the JUCO. Sorry that I got his SEC starting point wrong. Doesn't change the analysis.

Carlton and Diarra have both been stated here as being at the bottom of the Top 100 in various threads here. If that isn't their average -- or they have been misstated here -- that is my fault for, frankly, not caring about rankings. But the points remain -- who are the bigs up and down America East rosters that make Diarra and CArlton ranked where you put him average Am East bigs?

Reaction Score
Honestly, this kid would be behind Gilbert and Adams in year 1.. and he probably needs to get plenty of PT in year 1... or he'd expect to (rightfully so). We'll probably also see Vital with the ball in his hands a little more with a year under his belt as well...

Bottom line, we might be better off with a one and done type here.. We'd probably need that along with another big or 2 (at least one of them a one and done as well)...

Reaction Score
I dont think this quote means much. He' already been through this with us. He knows what we want to run, he can probably give us a tour through the facilities. There is nothing else he needs to know about us. So he's spending this time learning about thw "other" schools. Its cool

Reaction Score

They were quotes from Waters. Waters saying he doesn't need to visit is seriously not a good sign regardless how many times he been there. Has he visited as recruit? If not its much different.

Reaction Score
They were quotes from Waters. Waters saying he doesn't need to visit is seriously not a good sign regardless how many times he been there. Has he visited as recruit? If not its much different.
he has visited as a recruit. Twice i believe

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I really thought there was a chance, but after reading those quotes, it's so painfully obvious he'd rather go to any above average basketball school than us. He didn't want to be here the first time around, that didn't just change when he decommitted.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
If memory serves me correct, TW was in Gampel playing & watching the jumbo, as Bazz was drafted on Draft night.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
wish someone in the AAC would scoop him if we don't get him. Would love to beat him 2 (3?) times a year

Reaction Score
I really thought there was a chance, but after reading those quotes, it's so painfully obvious he'd rather go to any above average basketball school than us. He didn't want to be here the first time around, that didn't just change when he decommitted.
All that from a quote without context?

Reaction Score
One of the TOS reporters said keep an eye on Western Kentucky with waters
Honestly, I hope this happens just to highlight what a mockery the NCAA has become. Regardless of Waters, it's astonishing what some coaches get away with. When things get to this extreme, it's hard to care about any of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom