Transfer Portal | Page 51 | The Boneyard

Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Is this confirmed or a guess? I’d give almost anything for this kid, he’s a dog. Texas kid though, TCU->SMU, Baylor seems like a logical fit here
I hope TCU would be out because I think I saw somewhere that he started there his freshman year... Been to two texas schools already, hopefully he wants a change of scenery

Reaction Score

Alright let’s get crazy here.

As Jamie Shaw states here, Slater is tweeting from South Carolina. Shaw uses the #subtle in his tweet. What does that mean you ask? POTENTIALLY it means that we are getting a recruit from Carolina (I know ECU is in North Carolina but whatever).

Why should we care about what Jamie Shaw says? We’ll he is also a recruiting expert.

Maybe I’m completely off here but this is what I choose to believe.

Reaction Score
Ramey and Newton are Texas kids ,too.. Both seem interested in Storrs
Not completely the same situations. Ramey isn’t a texas kid, he’s from St Louis Area, Newton is from El Paso who went to play college ball in Carolina.

Davis is a Houston kid born & raised who opted to stay local at TCU & SMU. Not calling it an impossible situation, but I’d be shocked if he left state

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Alright let’s get crazy here.

As Jamie Shaw states here, Slater is tweeting from South Carolina. Shaw uses the #subtle in his tweet. What does that mean you ask? POTENTIALLY it means that we are getting a recruit from Carolina (I know ECU is in North Carolina but whatever).

Why should we care about what Jamie Shaw says? We’ll he is also a recruiting expert.

Maybe I’m completely off here but this is what I choose to believe.
And we’re also final list for the SC transfer…. Hmmm

Reaction Score
Alright so some general/weird info here that I’m not sure has been posted yet.

-Tristen Newton has a brother who is also in the portal who played 4 years at Evansville. He’s actually a pretty good player.

-The Newton’s are from El Paso Texas, but neither brother received an offer from their hometown university, UTEP.

-Furthermore, the Newton’s cousin is Green Bay packers RB Aaron Jones, who is probably UTEPs most famous alum. Aaron’s brother also played football at UTEP.

-There are tweets out there from Aaron imploring UTEP to offer the Newton brothers but that seemingly never happened (probably a mistake)

-The last carrot here is that Kimani went to UTEP. Not sure if the Newton’s mom or dad went to UTEP but with the UTEP connection in the family I’d say it’s a possibility. Either way there’s probably some sort of El Paso-area connection to take advantage of there. This might also explain why Kimani wasn’t watching Castle this weekend (Murray and more were there) even though he was the lead recruiter on Castle, because he might also have the best connection in to Newton.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

-Tristen Newton has a brother who is also in the portal who played 4 years at Evansville. He’s actually a pretty good player.

-The Newton’s are from El Paso Texas, but neither brother received an offer from their hometown university, UTEP.

-Furthermore, the Newton’s cousin is Green Bay packers RB Aaron Jones, who is probably UTEPs most famous alum. Aaron’s brother also played football at UTEP.

-There are tweets out there from Aaron imploring UTEP to offer the Newton brothers but that seemingly never happened (probably a mistake)

-The last carrot here is that Kimani went to UTEP. Not sure if the Newton’s mom or dad went to UTEP but with the UTEP connection in the family I’d say it’s a possibility. Either way there’s probably some sort of El Paso-area connection to take advantage of there. This might also explain why Kimani wasn’t watching Castle this weekend (Murray and more were there) even though he was the lead recruiter on Castle, because he might also have the best connection in to Newton.
Boneyard worthy sleuthing. 3 stars for everything except how it ties to the knoll in Dallas.

Reaction Score

That’s just good clean internet sluething

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Ramey is more of a shooter so he fits better than Carter next year. OTOH Carter has a higher ceiling, 3 years of left, and I love watching PC fans cry when we take their lunch money. Either one and we’re good

Reaction Score
Right but seems he is trending PC the way Newton is for UConn so I doubt it

Carter is pretty tight with Minaya - former So.Caro. transfer leaving PC for the League.. AJ Reeves decision to stay or go could affect Carter's choice

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
Wait, I'm sorry, I have no idea what this means.... Is he saying he is comforting us cause we should be sad? Is he using a Bill Murray reference to Luke? Is he saying we should be happy? Am I the only one who has no idea what he is talking about
I'm with you. No idea what's happening. My first thought was Luke Murray because of his dad.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
He posted the Bill Murray reference when he hinted very early on we were hiring Luke so I imagine he’s doing something similar
But what does it mean? Perhaps somebody Luke would have connections to?

Reaction Score
But what does it mean? Perhaps somebody Luke would have connections to?
That was my thought as well, that he is confirming that some "" is going on regarding a UConn recruiting target and he's letting us know that Luke is involved.

Reaction Score
Pretty sure he is referring to Newton committing. What are the chances that our teacher and soccer journo insiders have scoops but not the guy who actually does this for a living.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom