Transfer Portal | Page 53 | The Boneyard

Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrysonDeMan

Hits Bombs
Reaction Score
They need to reinstate the year sit rule. This is total madness, every kid with any minor gripe is going to transfer. This all highly favors big name teams and big media market teams. You find a diamond in the rough through scouting, he’s gone. You spend a year developing a kid instead of playing him, he’s gone. It’s so frustrating.
yep - any mid major kid that has an above average season is going to bolt .... the rich get richer

Reaction Score
yep - any mid major kid that has an above average season is going to bolt .... the rich get richer
Yup - the new NCAA reality is that the rich will get richer by non-starter players transfering out and being replaced with better players from other schools. Hurley has to do this because everyone else is doing it too. Seems like it will turn into bball rosters of 5-6 really good players and a handful of practice players. The new world order.

Reaction Score
I confess I didn't get it. Especially the AD reference as opposed to Principal. I can imagine, having had a kid go K-12 in Catholic school recently, some parallels. We had a choice of two HS and know many kids who went to each. The one she picked ended up being overly strict and nitpicky about so many things. The other one gave the kids a little more freedom and individuality.

It wouldn't surprise me if playing for Dan Hurley is pretty constricting and not a lot of fun. All season I commented on how freaking tight our team seemed. The just weren't loose much of the time, and I think it caused some of the shooting woes, especially among guys like Hawk, but probably Gaff as well. Then the tweet from Slater talked about Hurley finding guys who are mentally tough, and Stacey Castle made related comments.
In this case it’s the AD, who also serves as a coach. Chief goes to great lengths to avoid identifying an individual eventhough it would be obvious what I mean if I did. Some others here just don’t get the word “concept”. As I said. It is not necessarily a positive or a negative but a reflection of style, which you seem to understand. Some kids thrive in a Catholic School structure, some don’t. Recently, a Moslem friend sought advice on a HS for his son, who wasn’t fulfilling his potential. Chief recommended a particular Catholic HS and the young man has thrived. He was a kid who needed a structured environment but also found himself comfortable in that context. His dad was thrilled about what he saw as the change in his approach to school and life in general.

Reaction Score
Does anyone have any updates on Adam Miller? I know he tore his ACL last October. He would have four years of eligibility. Starter on Illinois when they were a #1 seed and Top 35 recruit.

Reaction Score
Oh for sure. Calhoun was. But there are coaches that let young guys play through mistakes, who encourage guys to shoot out of slumps, and there are coaches who can't handle that very well. So far, Hurley has had too short a leash with several players. None of us knows where the line is for each player and coach. It's on the coach to find that line, every player will react differently to encouragement and criticism. But it wouldn't surprise me if some guys get tired of his act, especially if they don't think his words match his actions. Hurley said he'd have a mutiny if he didn't play the best guys...well, he's got a mutiny of sorts.
Wonder what his mutiny looks like…

Reaction Score

This kid is a scorer never averaged less than 24 ppg shoots 36.4% 3pt on 10.5/game in his career. Averages almost 5 FT/game shooting over 88% for his career

Not sure if the fit here but this kid would definitely demand the opposing teams attention

Reaction Score
This kid is a scorer never averaged less than 24 ppg shoots 36.4% 3pt on 10.5/game in his career. Averages almost 5 FT/game shooting over 88% for his career

Not sure if the fit here but this kid would definitely demand the opposing teams attention
Shocked he’s leaving his father. This seems like a def knows where he’s going because he has something very specific he’s looking to show/work on at his next stop

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Yeah someone of Davis caliber suddenly ending up in the portal screams collusion. He’s probably going to like Michigan or Kansas.

BrysonDeMan

Hits Bombs
Reaction Score
Yeah someone of Davis caliber suddenly ending up in the portal screams collusion. He’s probably going to like Michigan or Kansas.
read that he wants some serious NIL $$$
shockingly not getting them at Detroit

Reaction Score
Played against UConn back in 2020 so Hurley and Co have seen him in person before
He played 38 minutes off the bench (has that ever happened before..? lol) in that game.

Quick box score: 8pts, 4 reb, 4 assists, and a Win at the XL Center

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
He played 38 minutes off the bench (has that ever happened before..? lol) in that game.

Quick box score: 8pts, 4 reb, 4 assists, and a Win at the XL Center

Double-OT, no?

Reaction Score
Stephon Castle's mom highly endorses him.

Looks like a nice fit to me. Not the best advanced stats but he has some decent size and is a good shooter from deep. Plus he started 3 years in the ACC and had some explosive performances.

We all want to bring in the 25 ppg stud but at this point, we have already filled that lead guard spot and Matrim says Castle is reclassifying. So we are really replacing Gaff and he looks like a big upgrade. I see posters expressing concern that we need another elite shot creator and finisher but imo that is not realistic. Not having one limits our ceiling so our potential is dependent on JH or AJ really popping.

Reaction Score
UNC’s Anthony Harris from Fairfax, Va. Entered portal. I believe we were on him hard early. Tore ACL as HS Sr. Reports say he was unavailable for much of season so who knows what that means but maybe someone knows the story.

Doubtful, but a new name we had a relationship with.

Reaction Score
Looks like a nice fit to me. Not the best advanced stats but he has some decent size and is a good shooter from deep. Plus he started 3 years in the ACC and had some explosive performances.

We all want to bring in the 25 ppg stud but at this point, we have already filled that lead guard spot and Matrim says Castle is reclassifying. So we are really replacing Gaff and he looks like a big upgrade. I see posters expressing concern that we need another elite shot creator and finisher but imo that is not realistic. Not having one limits our ceiling so our potential is dependent on JH or AJ really popping.
He's a Gaffney-esque finisher at the rim and far too much work in the midrange, which definitely hurts his efficiency. But he's a more consistent shooter than Gaffney, so he's okay on efficiency in the end.

RAPM and on/off see him as a replacement level player, partially because the guys he played instead of (Maddox and Cattoor) were lights out shooters this year with 120+ ORTGs. Overall the team was +10 pts/100 with him off the court (but they were still a very good offense with him on the court). The troubling thing is the trend continues into previous years. All 3 years the teams offense has been better with him off the court. I think I'd rather pass for a better option, if at all possible. Feels like we're trading a Gaffney for another Gaffney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom