Transfer Portal | Page 55 | The Boneyard

Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
No problem whatsoever. I am just appreciative that nobody started a debate on the semantics of the word "expect."
I said I expect him to reclassify based upon what I've heard from folks with their respective ears to the ground, which is not the same thing as "it's done and dusted, he's reclassifying."

That's not a semantic difference. That's a substantive difference.

Reaction Score
I said I expect him to reclassify based upon what I've heard from folks with their respective ears to the ground, which is not the same thing as "it's done and dusted, he's reclassifying."

Crafty move by a vet

Reaction Score
My apologies for reposting the Jeff Goodman tweet about a new transfer/recruit. The stuff I have seen from Goodman is usually pretty reliable; perhaps he was conned as well.

Anyway, no intent to mislead or provide inaccurate information. Mea culpa.

Reaction Score
0A22CECB-1B92-44B9-A59F-A5B405326941.jpeg

Reaction Score

You were clear the first time but reading comprehension is not the BYs strong suit. Castle my not even qualify for a reclass. My gut is if he is cleared he will be here this summer.

Reaction Score
Crazier things have happened than Floyd un-portalling himself if PC was his landing spot.. He may find that the grass is not greener and he could fulfill a valuable role at UConn. Scale of zero to ten.. Maybe one or two
I’m guessing the chances of that happening are slim, and none. And slim just left town.

Reaction Score
The longer we go without a 2/3 commit who would play 25+ mpg, the less I understand Floyd leaving. He had a very clear path to a ton of PT even if we bring in a guy like Ramy. It would almost have to be Ramy and another guy (no, not Castle) that Hurley KNEW he was bringing in that would push Floyd far enough down the totem pole where he wouldn’t be in the rotation. Hoping this becomes more clear in the next couple weeks but as of now I’m still baffled.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
They need to reinstate the year sit rule. This is total madness, every kid with any minor gripe is going to transfer. This all highly favors big name teams and big media market teams. You find a diamond in the rough through scouting, he’s gone. You spend a year developing a kid instead of playing him, he’s gone. It’s so frustrating.
Besides the top 5 incoming freshmen in every position, what kid is going to want sit the bench. This portal bs is going to kill recruitment, player development and program culture. Also what Chief00 has been speaking about NIL equality, the favoritism that could breed will prove toxic.
Couldn’t agree more UcannUconn

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
Today, Quinnipiac picked up an impressive transfer, Ike Nweke from Columbia.

The 6'7 248 grad transfer averaged 15.9p, 6.3r and 52.9 fg% last year.

Another solid transfer for a mid-major: Coppin State picked up Sam Sessoms from Penn State.
This kid lit up Maine when he was at Binghamton.

Reaction Score
This kid lit up Maine when he was at Binghamton.
If you're going from Binghamton to Columbia to Quinnipiac, I'm assuming a lucrative professional future playing basketball is not in the cards. Might as well cash in with a diploma from Columbia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom