Transfer Portal | Page 57 | The Boneyard

Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Watched him a few times really talented but doesn’t shoot it all that well from anywhere and his personality is not a fit. Acts like an idiot at times, maybe back to Izzo like originally?
He needs to go to a much more structured program. Memphis and Penny were doing absolutely nothing for his development, but I’m not sure he’ll get the freedom that he and his family want from a better coach.

Reaction Score
Well his dad has been going at fans on Twitter who dare to speak negatively about his son and said he’ll remember what Andre said the other day (possibly deleted that tweet after). So that gives you a hint as to who is in his ear during all this.
I believe that was Corey's Uncle, actually. Who, ironically enough, was Tate George's brother.

The uncle was supportive of Corey after the decision to transfer...but that doesn't mean he necessarily wanted him to transfer. That decision appeared to be of Corey's making.

It's too bad that things got testy with Andre recently. I was hoping CFJ might reconsider his portal decision. Now, probably not.

Reaction Score
5C3AB062-397C-4B24-A627-283B8D0F6E76.jpeg

Friars just got Devin Carter too.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Risky way to run a program.

Fail hard recruiting and then try to make a living getting kids who are washing out of better programs.

It’ll work until it doesn’t.
One of the better comments I've read on this thread

Reaction Score
Looking at the recent commits list, I gotta give new Missouri coach Dennis Gates a shout out to how he's retaining talent while adding a lot of solid players in the transfer portal:
  • Top scorer (12.5) and rebounder (7.6) Kobe Brown returns
  • Four other 24+ mpg players return
  • Both of their '22 recruits stuck around, led by top-50 prospect Aidan Shaw
  • FOUR additions in the transfer portal, two from Dennis Gates' previous team, Cleveland State
    • D'Moi Hodge, 15.4p, 2.2s
    • Tre Gomillion, 10.5p, 4.7r, 2.9a
      • Other transfers:
        • Noah Carter from Northern Iowa, 15p, 4.1r
        • DeAndre Gholston from Milwaukee, 14.3p, 4.4r
  • Two top JUCO transfers, led by former UMass commit Sean East (9.2p, 4.4a his sophomore season when he played for Bradley.
Missouri is certainly a team to watch out in the SEC.

Reaction Score
Untill the Covid extra years run out, this is is a temporal market. There is an over supply of players that are demanding a limited supply of minutes. This will have a diminishing effect through the 2024 season. (I think that's that last year for Covid extra year players.) There will still be player movement but not the volume, insanity, that we have seen the last couple of years.

Reaction Score
I believe that was Corey's Uncle, actually. Who, ironically enough, was Tate George's brother.

The uncle was supportive of Corey after the decision to transfer...but that doesn't mean he necessarily wanted him to transfer. That decision appeared to be of Corey's making.

It's too bad that things got testy with Andre recently. I was hoping CFJ might reconsider his portal decision. Now, probably not.
Yes, Eric is Corey’s uncle and Tate George’s brother. Eric is a big UConn fan (partially because of his brother) and he really wanted to see Corey play here. He was surprised by Corey’s decision to leave but obviously supports him.

Reaction Score
Risky way to run a program.

Fail hard recruiting and then try to make a living getting kids who are washing out of better programs.

It’ll work until it doesn’t.
Do you realize that just shy of a third of all D1 basketball players entered the portal this year? So, it's effecting every program. For better, for worse it's where we're all at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom