BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score

Hope we get involved here

From Racine.
Los Angeles Lakers Thank You GIF by NBA

Reaction Score

Interestingly Synergy has him evaluated as a "Below Average" Offensive Player and an "Excellent" Defensive Player. Obviously he's just a freshman but interesting to see the specifics of his game.

Screen Shot 2022-04-18 at 12.25.33 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-04-18 at 12.24.55 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-04-18 at 12.24.55 PM.png
    130.9 KB · Views: 105

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
“The new CBB train” directly translates to “we haven’t been able to sign a four-star recruit in like four years.”

Like I said, it will work until it doesn’t.
Literally everything works until it doesn’t, no?

Curiouser
Reaction Score

Didn’t we recruit him out of High School?

Dear lord please. Shoulda been ours outa high school.

Wow. The whole time I watched the NCAA tourney I was wishing we had prioritized him over Diggins. Not a great shooter but has that "it" quality.

Easily my #1 target rn if we got involved

Tyrese Hunter
No Matter What
Would bringing in a high level sophomore point guard go over well with Tristen Newtown and Stephon Castle?

Reaction Score
Would bringing in a high level sophomore point guard go over well with Tristen Newtown and Stephon Castle?
No. That is why I don't see us persuring him. Also, the competition will be considerable.

Reaction Score
Interestingly Synergy has him evaluated as a "Below Average" Offensive Player and an "Excellent" Defensive Player. Obviously he's just a freshman but interesting to see the specifics of his game.

View attachment 75712

It's because he is an animal defending on-ball. Averaged 2 steals a game as someone mentioned. But his shooting is abysmal.

IDK how I'd feel about recruiting him. I'm really, really, REALLY against bringing in non-shooters at this point if they expect to play substantial minutes.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Would they prefer we added bad players?

Castle committed here while Diggins was on the roster so I can't imagine it would matter to him. No idea about Newton but hopefully they'd both start and play big minutes so doubt he'd care
Well we know that Hurley and Luke went to go see Castle when Newton started his visit here, and that Newton expects to be our starting point guard next season. Hunter would obviously expect a starting role, too; if both he and Newtown start and play big minutes, that would appear to limit the minutes available for Hawkins and Clingan. I am expecting that AJax will play 35+ minutes next season come hell or high water because Hurley is definitely making him the focal point of the team.

Reaction Score
Well we know that Hurley and Luke went to go see Castle when Newton started his visit here, and that Newton expects to be our starting point guard next season. Hunter would obviously expect a starting role, too; if both he and Newtown start and play big minutes, that would appear to limit the minutes available for Hawkins and Clingan. I am expecting that AJax will play 35+ minutes next season come hell or high water because Hurley is definitely making him the focal point of the team.

I don't care what they expect. The best players play. Imagine not playing Giffey in 2014 because we "promised" playing time to Omar Calhoun.

Reaction Score
Hawkins would start and play 25+ minutes between the 2 and 3 position next year, pretty much the same as will happen with any other guard we bring in. Don't expect us to get Hunter so it's all a moot point, but we need to bring in more good talent not turn it away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom