Transfer Portal | Page 56 | The Boneyard

Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Surprised he ain't going pro. Also not a good luck for Penny
He can’t go pro. He’s too young. That’s why reclassifying seemed like a weird decision. He always would have to play two college seasons.

Reaction Score
Surprised he ain't going pro. Also not a good luck for Penny
Gotta be going somewhere that pays more or equivalent to NBA like the big from Kentucky is coming back bc he makes more than he can in NBA. L$U, Tenne$$ee, Illinoi$, etc.

Bates looked so bad when I watched but obv sky is the limit. Another year will be good for him. That and $$$ lol

Reaction Score
More local CT basketball news:

Sacred Heart's two best players from 21-22 found new homes: Amity's Tyler Thomas to Hofstra and Aaron Clarke to Stony Brook.

Hofstra beat out some solid competition for Thomas:

Reaction Score
It would almost have to be Ramy and another guy (no, not Castle) that Hurley KNEW he was bringing in that would push Floyd far enough down the totem pole where he wouldn’t be in the rotation.
being the 5th G at PC behind bynum, breed, locke, and carter is a lot more appealing than being the 6th G here behind newton, hawkins, jackson, castle, and (insert good transfer G TBD).

i'd be surprised if he even picked PC at this point never mind recommitting here (unless castle doesnt reclass AND we dont land another good transfer G)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Pure speculation on my part with no inside information. I wonder what Floyd was told about his opportunities during the recruiting process about PT by redshirting and then how those previous comments played into his thinking as he perceived-right or wrong- that he was being recruited over for the open roster spots for this years team.

If he was aspiring to play in the League at some time in the future-- His only shot based on his size would be PG.. That door was shut with Newton/Castle(now or later) at UConn.

He could have been a valuable 4 year player at UConn and made a lot of money overseas. We'll never know

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
I have my Grandkids down here but wish I could have watched the game. We were beaching it today pre Easter. I am with Fishy though UConn, Sports and I am there! I did enjoy a lot of hockey this year and when we were in the AAC the baseball tournament was played at Brighthouse Field in Clearwater where I live. Took in quite a few of the games - much better than having to watch the Phillies!!

Reaction Score
being the 5th G at PC behind bynum, breed, locke, and carter is a lot more appealing than being the 6th G here behind newton, hawkins, jackson, castle, and (insert good transfer G TBD).

i'd be surprised if he even picked PC at this point never mind recommitting here (unless castle doesnt reclass AND we dont land another good transfer G)
PC also has a 4* guard committed named Pierre muddying up the waters even more.

Reaction Score
PC also has a 4* guard committed named Pierre muddying up the waters even more.
interesting. as @Umami Zen said, i'd love to know what floyd was thinking last week and even more so what he is thinking now.

if he still commits to PC with 5 other Gs on the roster then leaving here was more than a bball decision.

Reaction Score
Pure speculation on my part with no inside information. I wonder what Floyd was told about his opportunities during the recruiting process about PT by redshirting and then how those previous comments played into his thinking as he perceived-right or wrong- that he was being recruited over for the open roster spots for this years team.

If he was aspiring to play in the League at some time in the future-- His only shot based on his size would be PG.. That door was shut with Newton/Castle(now or later) at UConn.

He could have been a valuable 4 year player at UConn and made a lot of money overseas. We'll never know
Well his dad has been going at fans on Twitter who dare to speak negatively about his son and said he’ll remember what Andre said the other day (possibly deleted that tweet after). So that gives you a hint as to who is in his ear during all this.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
If he's smart.. He shouldn't consider UConn.. He'd be coming off the bench.. Better opportunities elsewhere for him
At 6'9 he can prob play the 4. He would absolutely start for us if healthy

Banta55

Hoops since 86"
Reaction Score
Well his dad has been going at fans on Twitter who dare to speak negatively about his son and said he’ll remember what Andre said the other day (possibly deleted that tweet after). So that gives you a hint as to who is in his ear during all this.
I believe it's his Uncle, who's Tate George's brother.. They're disappointed but said the decision was Corey's

Reaction Score
I am not a Twitter guy.. But.. I do know that when a player has a Dad who was relatively successful at the college level-- Don't you always want your son to exceed your experience by getting to the League?? I don't know what DH said to get Corey to come to UConn during the recruitment process.. But I do think that Corey and his Dad expected DH to deliver on PT in Corey's freshman year. When it appeared that that may not happen--because of perceived "recruiting over".. Portal time

I am confident that Corey will enjoy a successful college career with the right program. Wish him well

Reaction Score
Gotta be going somewhere that pays more or equivalent to NBA like the big from Kentucky is coming back bc he makes more than he can in NBA. L$U, Tenne$$ee, Illinoi$, etc.

Bates looked so bad when I watched but obv sky is the limit. Another year will be good for him. That and $$$ lol

Watched him a few times really talented but doesn’t shoot it all that well from anywhere and his personality is not a fit. Acts like an idiot at times, maybe back to Izzo like originally?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom