Transfer Portal | Page 49 | The Boneyard

Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If Cole didn’t play for his father and if DH didn’t know RJ what are the chances he comes to UConn. I realize that he went to JCs camp but without the connection, you may wonder. Glad he did

I have no idea

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
brendan adams was also a guard recruited by management.
he's gone too.
that makes three guardpeople brought by danny, who are no longer with us.
three. why don't guardpeople like it here? at least james left for a paycheck. wait, that would be four...

444JR

The Brand is Strong
Reaction Score

MINFGFG%3PT3P%FTFT%REBASTBLKSTLPFTOPTS
406-1346.23-560.03-475.071001218

I realize the table doesn't line up. Ramey finished with 18 points, 7 boards, 1 assist, 2 turnovers in Texas' final regular season game against the eventual NCAA Champion Jayhawks.

Ramey did most of his damage in the first half after settling in following an early airball on a floater attempt. I believe 14 of his points came in the first half and he kept it close for Texas while guarding All-American Ochai Agbaji for most of the game. Ramey hit a 3 at the start of the second half and went 1-2 at the line down the stretch adding a key assist to help Texas force OT.

Played mostly off the ball but did bring it up when the lead guard was facing full-court pressure. Switched onto bigger guys and defended with strength, gave up a few buckets but it's understandable with that much of a size mismatch. Gets blown by early on by Remi Martin but seems to settle in on defense after that.

I like the idea of Ramey being an important piece on this team. Anywhere from 20-25 minutes a game depending on the leap Hawkins and Floyd are able to make, the amount we play 4 out, and whether or not Akok, Johnson, or Karaban can be relied on for big minutes at the 4. Definitely not a pure lead guard but he can take the ball and make a play off the dribble. He shows a creative passing range off the dribble in the highlights above. I believe the announcer says he shot 50% on catch and shoot 3's during the season.

Reaction Score
Not when it’s a false narrative. That’s what makes it so crazy and your response delusional.
Nah some of you are delusional. One PG from Philly HS and nothing to show for it like it or not!

Reaction Score
Nah some of you are delusional. One PG from Philly HS and nothing to show for it like it or not!
One? That’s your barometer? Name a single program in America that doesn’t occasionally whiff on a kid. Didn’t realize UConn is so special that we can price our coaches especially a guy 3 years in(at the time) to perfection. Out of curiosity, did Calhoun ever whiff? We all know KO did.

While we are at it, why don’t you get me some data on how many kids Hurley has lost to transfers in last 4 years relative to every other program in America. Then tell me how bad he missed out on one kid!

Reaction Score
To me, the biggest struggle Hurley has had the first few years is his struggle to morph an existing roster with existing kids into a roster he had in mind and wants to play with. He tried hard, made few adjustments, but there was always some sort of disconnect. We saw in spurts how a true Hurley team plays. That’s why you are seeing such a shift in tone and strategy this off season. He finally has gotten past the loyalty factor and seems all in. The next few years will surely be better.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
To me, the biggest struggle Hurley has had the first few years is his struggle to morph an existing roster with existing kids into a roster he had in mind and wants to play with. He tried hard, made few adjustments, but there was always some sort of disconnect. We saw in spurts how a true Hurley team plays. That’s why you are seeing such a shift in tone and strategy this off season. He finally has gotten past the loyalty factor and seems all in. The next few years will surely be better.
He still had the loyalty factor last year. Played his two super seniors too much. I agree with you that he struggles to morph an existing roster, to adjust to what he has. He did it when he first arrived, using Carlton very effectively. Then he wanted to play "his way" and Carlton was terrible as a result. He's not very good at adapting his style to fit the players he has, so yes, he damned well better get the guys he needs. I really hoped he'd grow out of that, because I don't see how he gets the best out of Clingan if he doesn't.

Reaction Score
It is extremely hard to not stay loyal to a hard working/ultra motor kid like Isiah Whaley who was reigning DPOY in the big east, but from a purely strategy standpoint... he was awful in a 1 in, 4 out offense that Hurley wants to run. I am thankful for everything Whaley did for our program and wish him a long/prosperous career wherever he plays (and he will make alot of money playing this game for a long time) but I am excited to see us play without him.

Reaction Score
It is extremely hard to not stay loyal to a hard working/ultra motor kid like Isiah Whaley who was reigning DPOY in the big east, but from a purely strategy standpoint... he was awful in a 1 in, 4 out offense that Hurley wants to run. I am thankful for everything Whaley did for our program and wish him a long/prosperous career wherever he plays (and he will make alot of money playing this game for a long time) but I am excited to see us play without him.

Actually, I'll respectfully disagree with you on your point. Some of the most fluid successful motion 1-in/4-out (kinda) offense occurred when Sanogo was on the bench, and Whaley was out there with 4 other guards/wings. The lane was much less clogged without Sanogo, lots of cuts and open drives through the lane available. Whaley facilitated from the foul line, also could start down low.

Reaction Score
Actually, I'll respectfully disagree with you on your point. Some of the most fluid successful motion 1-in/4-out (kinda) offense occurred when Sanogo was on the bench, and Whaley was out there with 4 other guards/wings. The lane was much less clogged without Sanogo, lots of cuts and open drives through the lane available. Whaley facilitated from the foul line, also could start down low.
Moreso talking about our starting lineup with 2 bigs. Sanogo certainly needs to improve his passing, but our long-term ceiling is much higher with him at the 5 than Whaley.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
sumone has to say it. might as well be me.
i think that the implication on chief's reference for culture stuff is
19873_a5qcc00018163ed.jpg

i don't think she liked the last exam results either.
and danny, listen closely, being a tightbutt control freak can lead to being uninvited to parties. who wants to listen to sumone going on and on aboot their method for numbering the socks in their drawer, to always have a matched pair ready?

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
brendan adams was also a guard recruited by management.
he's gone too.
that makes three guardpeople brought by danny, who are no longer with us.
three. why don't guardpeople like it here? at least james left for a paycheck. wait, that would be four...
hey wait! upon further review...
rj is a guard, and i guess tyrese as well. both still have time on the meter, and could reasonably expect to keep their free range, big minutes role next season in a hunt for a ring, but they passed, and are instead bolting for the great unknown.
that makes 6. sumthin fishy going on here. i mean, didn't tyler and hedgeman just face that deal last year, and choose to return? is it cuz they weren't guards?

Reaction Score
rj is a guard, and i guess tyrese as well. both still have time on the meter, and could reasonably expect to keep their free range, big minutes role next season in a hunt for a ring, but they passed, and are instead bolting for the great unknown.
that makes 6. sumthin fishy going on here. i mean, didn't tyler and hedgeman just face that deal last year, and choose to return? is it cuz they weren't guards?
Brendan Adams, RJ, and Martin leaving as "evidence" of a culture issue is one of the more bonkers takes on this board recently.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Hearing Ramey is next on the list or staff is putting alot of energy into

The upside to Ramey is that we won’t see mismatches like Kadary Richmond trampling RJ Cole over and over. He’s a monster defensively.

Caveat there is that schools like Illinois are after him and weird thing always happen when we recruit against the Illinois-types. Also, he’s declared for the draft so that has to play out in terms of time. (He’s not getting drafted, but there is a process.)

Reaction Score
Put the blunt down grandpa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilmisangel