Transfer Portal | Page 47 | The Boneyard

Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
i am sorry that many/most of u don't actually play the game, cuz iffn u did, u would have noticed that little noticed post by an actual baller who mentioned playing with some carter guy who apparently is on some of youse deathwish list.
to summarize - pass. not impressive. now, that's info.
and speaking of transfers, and in the other direction, let's check on javonte, shall we?
his first year of actually playing is now complete. that's odd, apparently playing 450 minutes less than 'sir stop touching me,' jb equalled mr minutes waste in boards, assists, and blocks. wait, what?
7 mins, couple points, couple of boards, 31 games played in, including 11 games started, for the sec and nit runner up team. in the conf tourney, his team beat Florida, Auburn, and Arkansas, only losing to Tennessee in the champ game. then they lost to x in the nit champ game.
good move, dude.
i think amazon is at ur door with the pro version of nerf that you ordered.
get the headband and sketchers out. and don't forget to draft a new player for ur fantasy league team. that'll up ur cardio.

wait, whut? run that again.
j. b. 224 minutes, 53 rebounds, 11 assists, 9 blocks.
t.p. 668 minutes, 54 rebounds, 13 assists, 9 blocks.

bbut i was told, yelled at, and generally admonished in my attempts, years ago, to prep youse for the quiz!
pencils down, quiz over - fail. there is no essay portion for youse to try and explain that insanity. the only dagger in that nightmare was the one that got lodged in sum of youse, and dannys, brain. ouch.
but hey, i just nailed 8 fer 10 in my wastebasketball league, so im ready for the summer league. come home soon, college ballers, the ashphalt is a waitin for us.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

8 of top 9 scorers return and two USC transfers coming in who played 20+ mpg last year.

Jeff Linder has done an excellent job in his 2+ years at Laramie. Wyoming will be stacked and arguably one of the best mid-majors in the country.

Do you think they sign another to replace Jefferies? Not sure Foster is the answer coming off injury. Maybe start X. DuSell at the 2? Even if Roddy returns unless CSU adds a big Wyoming and San Diego State should be 1/2 in the MW.

Reaction Score
Do you think they sign another to replace Jefferies? Not sure Foster is the answer coming off injury. Maybe start X. DuSell at the 2? Even if Roddy returns unless CSU adds a big Wyoming and San Diego State should be 1/2 in the MW.
What are you talking about? I think you are in the wrong forum. LOL! Why are we talking about Mountain West Conference here?

Reaction Score
What are you talking about? I think you are in the wrong forum. LOL! Why are we talking about Mountain West Conference here?
Transfer Portal was my fist thought? :)

Transfer = Move from one place to another.
Portal = a doorway, gate, or other entrance, especially a large and imposing one.

I thought Hey A. provided some great info. :) Did you?

Reaction Score
Gonzaga is in on every single transfer. They must be desperate for a warm body

They are losing Timme, Chet and Nembhard but I thought it was odd to see them go after so many top level guards when they return 2 rising sophomores who are RSCI 5 stars. I guess in this day and age, there is no reason not to go after every stud if they're willing to listen.

Horatio

I’m Heat Miser and your Rudolph…
Reaction Score
lol…

You mean like having a point guard? You know, that old outdated method of recruiting point guards, developing them and then playing them? All those outdated things that we didn’t do this year, but that teams like Villanova do so very well - those outdated things?

The portal ain’t a plan - the portal is where you go when your plan fails.

JFC.
Yup. For a program like ours, the portal, grad transfers, etc. are supposed to be where you go to find a finishing touch for a good team or a possible upgrade. A good role player, third guard, Kromah, Harrison, etc. We’’re not supposed to be looking for an entire 2-3 man backcourt in the portal. No way.

Last edited:

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
That was an epidemic here last season.

So many rushed threes, so few drives to the basket.
i think that the haiku thread is closed, cuz that kinda sounded like one.
or poetic? prophetic? prophylactic? idk, one of thoz.

Reaction Score
The primary issue is this: we have no point guard now. the two we had (Diggins and Gaff) left. So did the ballhandlers who at times carried the weight (Cole and Martin). We are now totally at the mercy of the transfer portal for ballhandlers who are completely unfamiliar with our program since we have no PG incoming ballhandlers as recruits for next year. I don't see it as an either/or (dichotomy) matter but both/and (management and transfers out). Is it just chance that we are suddenly without any PG worthy players? It appears to be a matter of a series of mismanagement (poor planning) and crucial gambles (playing time and recruiting) that find us in this predicament. I hope there are many things that I don't know about this situation and DH is going to "pull some rabbits out of a hat" (portal) to correct it. I will happily eat a full plate of crow if I am wrong.
I wonder how recently DH was still expecting Cole to return (Jan-Feb?). Otherwise, you'd think he would have felt greater urgency to push Gaffney and Diggins into higher profile roles early on or even yank Floyd's redshirt to avoid the empty cupboard situation he now faces. Shades of his misfire on Gaffney and Diggins as PG backups last spring/summer.

Reaction Score
I wonder how recently DH was still expecting Cole to return (Jan-Feb?). Otherwise, you'd think he would have felt greater urgency to push Gaffney and Diggins into higher profile roles early on or even yank Floyd's redshirt to avoid the empty cupboard situation he now faces. Shades of his misfire on Gaffney and Diggins as PG backups last spring/summer.
I think there’s something to the ambiguity around Cole, but I’m sure that the plan was to play Gaffney and Diggins much more than he did. There’s a reason that he couldn’t and mid-low level A10 schools are now in the market for them (or at least Sool).

pj

Reaction Score
lol…

You mean like having a point guard? You know, that old outdated method of recruiting point guards, developing them and then playing them? All those outdated things that we didn’t do this year, but that teams like Villanova do so very well - those outdated things?

The portal ain’t a plan - the portal is where you go when your plan fails.

JFC.

The plan at point guard failed, but the plan at SG, SF, PF, and C succeeded.

"the portal is where you go when your plan fails" -- which means the portal is the backup plan.

The backup plan at point guard will succeed. So what's the problem?

A strategy whose first option succeeds 4/5 times and whose backup is in place to cover the 1/5 times the first option fails, is a good strategy.

Reaction Score
The plan at point guard failed, but the plan at SG, SF, PF, and C succeeded.

"the portal is where you go when your plan fails" -- which means the portal is the backup plan.

The backup plan at point guard will succeed. So what's the problem?

A strategy whose first option succeeds 4/5 times and whose backup is in place to cover the 1/5 times the first option fails, is a good strategy.

I mean let’s be honest so far they haven’t recruited a good PG who was successful in our program, that’s a bit scary. Without RJ transferring in it’s been a failure. Need to get good PGs out of HS as well.

Hope we get Newton and another, I’m fine with the portal. But being a historic PG school whiffing on the last 2 is a bit nerve racking.

Reaction Score
I mean let’s be honest so far they haven’t recruited a good PG who was successful in our program, that’s a bit scary. Without RJ transferring in it’s been a failure. Need to get good PGs out of HS as well.

Hope we get Newton and another, I’m fine with the portal. But being a historic PG school whiffing on the last 2 is a bit nerve racking.

JFC we have a top 20 player coming in next season to run point.

Reaction Score
We have only had two recruiting classes with uconn in the big east and the one PG we got stunk. It’s not a reoccurring issue. It’s one guy.

It’s 2 that made a difference. But one was not his although he didn’t grab another because he thought Gaff was the answer. He wasn’t and really showed no signs he would be minus a game or 2 as a soph.

But agree, Castle can turn it all around and thereafter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom