These are the AG facts! | Page 5 | The Boneyard

These are the AG facts!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Lol, keep trying.
Hey Red, I'm a fan of Uconn not a Fanboy. Lived in Ct for a long time, Uconn grad as is my wife. Followed Uconn basketball since Wes B. How about you? Roots in Uconn territory or just like to follow a winner?
I am just asking questions. making my thoughts known. Not conducting a worship service for Geno or his players. I'm sorry it makes you uncomfortable.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Man, you are too slow to react. I was there nearly two hours ago.

I had to get my 8 mile bike ride in!!! Now it's time!!!!! Buffalo Trace, Knob Creek or Heaven's Door? Choices, choices, choices.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
I only go back to Tony Hanson so you've got me there, I'm just not interested in some made up bs about paige being a bad teammate. But you go ahead, we've established that opinions are authorized here.

Reaction Score
I had to get my 8 mile bike ride in!!! Now it's time!!!!! Buffalo Trace, Knob Creek or Heaven's Door? Choices, choices, choices.

My Personal Collection

1615141544167.png

Reaction Score
that's because she hasn't played any good players lately. IMHO, she is ok at best.

Reaction Score
Don't compare Gabby and Aubrey because when Gabby made a play more often than not something good happened.
That may come as clever to some but in reality it is just not factual. Take the last game for instance, there was a stretch where AG made play after play after play and in my view was the best player on the floor. She made lots of good things happen as she does every single time she steps on the floor.

Reaction Score
I only go back to Tony Hanson so you've got me there, I'm just not interested in some made up bs about paige being a bad teammate. But you go ahead, we've established that opinions are authorized here.
Were you in school when Tony was at Uconn? I was for his 1st two years. So strong. Regarding Paige being a bad teammate? No idea. But I know I would feel annoyed (at the least) if I was a bench warmer and heard my teammate who basically has it all, complaining about playing time. Wouldn't you? Or would you be happy for them?

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Saw Tony H play in high school when his holy cross team lost to my Fitch team in a great playoff game. As to the other matter, you may attach some meaning to Geno telling the press she doesn't want to come out. I'm not doing that.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
:eek: Really? With three players on the BE All conference team and AEH- how that happen?

To my good and dear friend Coco Husky - Seton Hall lost because their other 2 starters (outside of AEH, Elmore, and Park-Lane) and the bench failed to produce in a game that Creighton came out in the 2nd half ready to play. It had nothing to do with the "3 First Team All Big East Players" Hats off to Creighton for a victory well deserved. And that's the bottom line. It's that simple

Reaction Score
Geno recently (this week?) said she was in his top three list of complainers when taken out of a game. I did not say it or make it up. Which begs the question: how do her teammates feel about that. No one here will ever know, but many of us here have been on teams and know Stevie Nicks was correct in saying "players only love you when their playing".
I would think that whatever players are on the floor appreciate that Paige is not in to pad her personal stats, but to give all the players the best opportunity to contribute to the team. She plays a lot of minutes, but does not appear to be a “me first” type.

Reaction Score
No doubt Red but also GA is going with NM at the point to help get PB going while also playing CW for over 35 minutes every game. I think if you switched out CW with AG for an additional 8-10 minutes a game, I think you might improve the overall efficiency of the game. CW gives up a lot on the defensive end and throws up a lot of bricks. Maybe she could improve with a bit more rest each game.

Yes I know that GA doens't agree.

I disagree with you a lot. Here is no different. So much so- I fear though all we'll do is go back-and-forth so much that we'll get hit on by the mods.

Anyways I just have 2 paragraph comments and I'll back off-
I think "Paige Bueckers" (I put in quotes because I also mean other terrific tremendous players like her), the Asst. Coaches, the fans, the UCONN Administration (in the red probably), and Women's College Basketball deserve so much more than what you are proposing. Which imo is nothing more than a gamble along with a coaching philosophy that takes away minutes from a player that is a better shooter, a better ball handler, a better passer in which this team needs offense vs another player that is more offensively challenged. And your proposal on the BY has no consequences if it doesn't work while Geno could lose the next "Paige Bueckers."

And for this belief in this case of playing the better offensive player, and other similar ones- some of us fans get labeled as fans that believe Geno is God? When we just think - please don't take offense- that your and others coaching philosophy and substitution patterns in regards to what you feel is best for the team is wrong on many levels. The BY fans are not the only ones to think about here in regards ot minutes etc. A player like Paige comes it attracts "more" that just the UCONN diehard fan. Then how is playing your other best to support her, wrong on any level? The obligation should be to strive for team success and not individual minutes. And the best team success is to play your best.

Reaction Score
Vidnick-Sorry to have to say this, but you need to dial it back.
We love all our players, top to bottom.
Just curious why you can’t be more positive?

Reaction Score
I disagree with you a lot. Here is no different. So much so- I fear though all we'll do is go back-and-forth so much that we'll get hit on by the mods.

Anyways I just have 2 paragraph comments and I'll back off-
I think "Paige Bueckers" (I put in quotes because I also mean other terrific tremendous players like her), the Asst. Coaches, the fans, the UCONN Administration (in the red probably), and Women's College Basketball deserve so much more than what you are proposing. Which imo is nothing more than a gamble along with a coaching philosophy that takes away minutes from a player that is a better shooter, a better ball handler, a better passer in which this team needs offense vs another player that is more offensively challenged. And your proposal on the BY has no consequences if it doesn't work while Geno could lose the next "Paige Bueckers."

And for this belief in this case of playing the better offensive player, and other similar ones- some of us fans get labeled as fans that believe Geno is God? When we just think - please don't take offense- that your and others coaching philosophy and substitution patterns in regards to what you feel is best for the team is wrong on many levels. The BY fans are not the only ones to think about here in regards ot minutes etc. A player like Paige comes it attracts "more" that just the UCONN diehard fan. Then how is playing your other best to support her, wrong on any level? The obligation should be to strive for team success and not individual minutes. And the best team success is to play your best.
Same disagreement I had with many on this board concerning NM back in the early part of the season.

Certainly CW is a better offensive player, even though her shooting is very poor this year for a staring 2 guard or wing or whatever she is now. She is a very average passer, rebounder and a poor defender. She is a one trick pony and isn't very good at the one trick right now either. She could break out and I'm sure GA is hoping she will. I'm hoping she will as well. She is incredibly explosive. We've been waiting 3 years for her to be a consistent shooter.

Anyway, my proposal is not much different than it was with NM in the early part of the season. More NM and less CW I thought would be good for the overall team. Instead is is more NM and less EW and less AG. I think more AG and less CW would be good for all involved. I'm talking about 8-10 minutes less for CW.

Also, AG was very good in the 4th of the last game when she was given playing time - the best player on the court actually. She probably would not have gotten that time if NM had not been hurt. In a 5-6 minute time span, she got 4 rebounds, 2 offensive, 2 steals leading to layins where she had the ball in her hands the entire time down the court, nice pass to Mir, drew two fouls on the opponents and scored 6 points, all while completing shutting down the player she was guarding. One time she exploded to the basket dribbling by her opponent, but yet I hear she can't dribble. Then you got the two coast to coast plays made where she showed great defense, open court dribbling skills, finishing skills and topped it off with a nice pass to Mir. You don't think that maybe she could play a wee bit more and make a bigger impact?? When exactly does CW ever do that??

So how is 8-10 minutes more for AG and less for CW wrong on 'many levels'? What levels are you on about?? CW isn't exactly lighting it up. Actually, she shoots poorly more often than not and doesn't make up for it in any other way. Seems like many thought that NM couldn't play either, earlier in the season and we know how that has turned out.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Same disagreement I had with many on this board concerning NM back in the early part of the season.

Certainly CW is a better offensive player, even though her shooting is very poor this year for a staring 2 guard or wing or whatever she is now. She is a very average passer, rebounder and a poor defender. She is a one trick pony and isn't very good at the one trick right now either. She could break out and I'm sure GA is hoping she will. I'm hoping she will as well. She is incredibly explosive. We've been waiting 3 years for her to be a consistent shooter.

Anyway, my proposal is not much different than it was with NM in the early part of the season. More NM and less CW I thought would be good for the overall team. Instead is is more NM and less EW and less AG. I think more AG and less CW would be good for all involved. I'm talking about 8-10 minutes less for CW.

Also, AG was very good in the 4th of the last game when she was given playing time - the best player on the court actually. She probably would not have gotten that time if NM had not been hurt. In a 5-6 minute time span, she got 4 rebounds, 2 offensive, 2 steals leading to layins where she had the ball in her hands the entire time down the court, nice pass to Mir, drew two fouls on the opponents and scored 6 points, all while completing shutting down the player she was guarding. One time she exploded to the basket dribbling by her opponent, but yet I hear she can't dribble. Then you got the two coast to coast plays made where she showed great defense, open court dribbling skills, finishing skills and topped it off with a nice pass to Mir. You don't think that maybe she could play a wee bit more and make a bigger impact?? When exactly does CW ever do that??

So how is 8-10 minutes more for AG and less for CW wrong on 'many levels'? What levels are you on about?? CW isn't exactly lighting it up. Actually, she shoots poorly more often than not and doesn't make up for it in any other way. Seems like many thought that NM couldn't play either, earlier in the season and we know how that has turned out.

Can't resist one more post very quick on 3 points

1-- I don't know why you keep mentioning Nika Muhl in terms of that you were right. I think 99% of all us knew she was a good passer and had a good handle. Those are two of three basic fundamentals for a player being an offensive triplet threat.

2--- I'll reiterate. This teams needs offense. Aubrey Griffin is offensively challenged and to play her more in hopes is an enormous gamble not worth talking. And CWill is a better passer, a better shooter and has a better handle than Aubrey.

3 - I no longer believe CWill is a poor defender. I don’t think it’s even close to say that. Poor defenders would've been wiped out vs South Carolina. The biggest concern in that game was their center.

Reaction Score
That may come as clever to some but in reality it is just not factual. Take the last game for instance, there was a stretch where AG made play after play after play and in my view was the best player on the floor. She made lots of good things happen as she does every single time she steps on the floor.
I didn't see the whole game today but Aubrey missed two layups without being close to any iron. One was a foot- foot and a half away. Unlike Gabby!

Reaction Score
This is the biggest waste of a post I have ever seen. Congrats. Should have cleaned gunk off your tires. Better time spent. Way to call out players by name for a bad game and say they were abused. First IGNORE for me. Again. Congrats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom