These are the AG facts! | Page 7 | The Boneyard

These are the AG facts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
They were bricks? One was challenged by a big and the other one I thought she was bumped. Everybody throws bricks. EW through up an airball. CW got stuffed twice. AE missed two bunnies and Liv misses bunnies all the time.

3. I am not convinced that CW is not a poor defender. She may be defending better, but the competition has been poor the last month or so. To say it is 'not even close' is absurd. She gives up a lot of penetration and is rarely a factor defensively. Actually, more often than not, she is a liability. In addition, she has very few blocks and only 4 steals in the last 10 games or so. Heck, NM, whom I was told many times earlier in the year, is so very slow, had 4 steals in the first quarter the other day. That is one quarter not 9-10 games! CW plays 35+ minutes a game and can only get 4 steals in the last 10 games and average less than 1.4 assist per game??? Instead of having an Assist to TO ratio, she has a TO to Assist ratio of 1.3 since SC. That is very poor for a starting guard in her third year.

Jazz

I'm surprised no one called you on this.

Christyn is given the toughest D assignment the last three nights and prevails...Goodness, Lott had 25 against DePaul the night before in the semi's; she might have stayed home last night. Surely CW had a little to do with that. true, it's not exactly playing against Sabrina Ionescu.

But my anecdotal illustration pales to Geno's praise in which he anoints her co-MVP and has only the warmest comments of her improvement on D. And says that we win a Naty if that level of play continues.

In this case, I will embrace the thoughts of the authority on the matter.

Reaction Score
Jazz

I'm surprised no one called you on this.

Christyn is given the toughest D assignment the last three nights and prevails...Goodness, Lott had 25 against DePaul the night before in the semi's; she might have stayed home last night. Surely CW had a little to do with that. true, it's not exactly playing against Sabrina Ionescu.

But my anecdotal illustration pales to Geno's praise in which he anoints her co-MVP and has only the warmest comments of her improvement on D. And says that we win a Naty if that level of play continues.

In this case, I will embrace the thoughts of the authority on the matter.
Hi msf.

Thanks for the message.

I recognised CW defense in my posts on the game threads. I said she was great on that end, especially in the championship game. Her defense BEFORE the tournament was still well below par in my view and downright terrible during the first dozen or so games of the year.

She has improved and I have acknowledged that on a few of my posts.

Reaction Score
@jazz - you're a good sport ✅

You have the record at 7,268 keystrokes and are thus the GOAT in this space.
hahaha. not sure I want that honor....but thanks anyway.

By the way, my latest dissertation of a post has 15 likes....I think some of our boneyard friends like a good bed-time reading..... :)

Reaction Score
I heard she was a bad practice player and now that has been debunked for the second time.

So that must mean also that she knows where to go on offense and is not just standing around, which are two more ridiculous comments made. Then there is she can't dribble or pass, but yet she shows this every game as well. The only thing I can agree on, is that she has yet to hit jumpers with any consistency and she is hesitant at times as I think she is trying to think about what GA wants her to do and her instincts sometimes tell her to do something else. As I said before, to me this is as much a coaching problem as it is a player problem.

Not sure what CD is saying either since AG makes plays every time she is in the game. Opps....I can't say that anymore since she played her worst game of the year against Marquette.

It seems to me that others are wondering the same thing as I am. It would be nice (although I realise it is not a requirement) to understand exactly what she does not do. I've even looked at total offensive production this year with AG in and with AG out, and there is minimal difference, so the offense is not being stymied by AG being in the game.

Everybody has this issue to some degree, but I will say that AG's chemistry with her teammates is not as good at times. But she brings residual impact to the game with hustle and defense and many times gets easy buckets out of it, a bit like NM does. I am only comparing the defense/hustle side of both players, not the entire game....

Reaction Score

She's not as good as 6 others. And now UCONN is hoping Anna can shoot. AG can't score and UCONN needs scoring. I don't think it can be argued that she struggles to score and is not a good shooter. Its apparent the team needs that the most.

Reaction Score
She's not as good as 6 others. And now UCONN is hoping Anna can shoot. AG can't score and UCONN needs scoring. I don't think it can be argued that she struggles to score and is not a good shooter. Its apparent the team needs that the most.
I hate to split hairs here but everybody outside of PB has struggled mightily to score during the year. Give AG 15 shots a game, I think she may stack up pretty well.

However, she hasn't shown it yet while others have at times....

(Note to the readers: I am not serious about the 15 shots...CW takes a lot of shots-probably close to 15 and I'm just making a parallel between the two with a bit of tongue in cheek. Sorry, I re-read and can see where the sarcasm doesn't come through as well as I wanted it to. It's a bit like I said a month ago that 'AG could throw up bricks as well as CW' so she should be playing/shooting more.)

Last edited:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I hate to split hairs here but everybody outside of PB has struggled mightily to score during the year. Give AG 15 shots a game, I think she may stack up pretty well.

Somehow you manage to get 7 pages out of this absurd thread. You really need to stop! Absurd is wanting to give Aubrey more shots per game than Paige.
Nicolas Cage Bullshit GIF

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
it was tongue in cheek...thought you and anybody with a faintest personality would have noticed. Aren't you the one who took me serious when I said that NM's only problem with layups is the rim blocker her?

Come on mate, don't be so trigger happy to put me in my place.....
My bad, I'll never take you seriously again.

Reaction Score

How many shots would you take away from PB, CW, ONO, EW, NM, AE in order for AG to have 15 shots per game?

In response to fans and media wanting bench players to get more PT, GA has asked "who do I take out"?

Reaction Score
Well we don't know what she doesn't get or doesn't do because we are not being told. Interesting how CD feels 'bad' about it....

I'm sure there are a lot of coaches out there thinking they could get more out of AG than GA is currently. As mentioned many times before, her ball handling is just fine. I even gave examples of her going coast to coast with the ball in her hands. She did it plenty in the tournament. Now Liv can me a turnover machine if you take the ball handling to include walks with it as well.

Her passing is adequate...nothing special...like some other players on the team.

Chemistry - As I mentioned in another post, sometimes she and a teammate get on the wrong page as to who is doing what. It does not happen very often but a bit more than with other players, with whom it happens as well.

We have 2 freshman and a new starter in EW and a third freshman playing a lot of minutes, not to mention less practice time this year, so it happens.

Reaction Score
How many shots would you take away from PB, CW, ONO, EW, NM, AE in order for AG to have 15 shots per game?

In response to fans and media wanting bench players to get more PT, GA has asked "who do I take out"?
It was a bit tongue in cheek since CW shoots about the same number of shots per game. Not to be taken seriously. I'll edit the message so as to avoid any further questions.

GA knows the potential answer to that question, he just didn't want to answer it.

Reaction Score
My bad, I'll never take you seriously again.
To be fair, I re-read it again and can see that the sarcasm doesn't quite come through as well as intended. Peace

Reaction Score
It was a bit tongue in cheek since CW shoots about the same number of shots per game. Not to be taken seriously. I'll edit the message so as to avoid any further questions.

GA knows the potential answer to that question, he just didn't want to answer it.
My apologies for not comprehending your sarcasm tongue in cheek.

Reaction Score
My apologies for not comprehending your sarcasm tongue in cheek.
No worries.. I can see now that I didn't do a good job of selling the sarcasm, especially since I am a well know AG fan on this board. :)

Reaction Score
He's given you his answer.

Your response to his answer seems to be "there could be other solutions in which one I personally prefer."

While I respect your answer - I just don't like it. I'm glad that Geno's answer is not that either.

These are the CW facts - even if she doesn't shoot well he is riding with her because of her potential along with style of play. She shoots near 33% from 3 equivalent to 49.57%. Until Aubrey hits more shots - unfortunately she shows that she can't shoot beyond 6 feet or so - then that's not what this team needs. If she can't shoot on a team that needs shooting then she is not going to play very much.

That's Geno's answer. He's "told" you this. It's just not the answer you want to hear. It doesn't make him wrong nor does it make some of us "homers" for agreeing with his decision.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
To avoid misunderstanding - I meant this in a very friendly and complimentary way.

I'm American (for the Canadians out there I am a United States of American), but I've been indoctrinated to use British terms every now. I haven't lived in the US since 2001.

Reaction Score
He's given you his answer.

Your response to his answer seems to be "there could be other solutions in which one I personally prefer."

While I respect your answer - I just don't like it. I'm glad that Geno's answer is not that either.

These are the CW facts - even if she doesn't shoot well he is riding with her because of her potential along with style of play. She shoots near 33% from 3 equivalent to 49.57%. Until Aubrey hits more shots - unfortunately she shows that she can't shoot beyond 6 feet or so - then that's not what this team needs. If she can't shoot on a team that needs shooting then she is not going to play very much.

That's Geno's answer. He's "told" you this. It's just not the answer you want to hear. It doesn't make him wrong nor does it make some of us "homers" for agreeing with his decision.
But yet I hear GA has said that you can play well even without shooting well,. Anyway, I agree partly and I do know that AG hasn't been able to show that she can shoot (very small sample size) although GA has said she shows it in practice.

CW has increased her shooting % a bit but 33% is still not good, especially since her shoots are mostly wide open and her game is all about and little about anything else, her increase in defense lately not withstanding. She has been a poor/streaky shooter for 3 years now.

I know GA is riding with CW and have said as much many times., based on his hope that she puts it together and I think he is worried about her loosing confidence as well which is probably why he didn't bench her earlier in the year when he defense was horrendous.

Telling and inferring an interpretation are two different things. People ask the question because they want an direct answer not a question to a question.

I never called any of you 'homers' so it would be good if you just stick to what I said and not exaggerate any. In fact, you should retract that statement. I certainly never criticised posters for agreeing with GA on this one particular issue. So this is a complete misleading and false statement.

I know it can be hard to to not exaggerate because it is natural for all to hide behind a keyboard and try to be more clever than the rest and put them in their place. My favourite is when posters take one sentence out of many and take it out of context and then throw it back at me. Not sure if you have done that...

Actually, the only time I've inferred GA thus far are when posters like to remind me how many championships he has won. BI think that is incredibly stupid and silly. But I never called or inferred anybody was a GA homer!

Then there was this amazing 'magic' that happened on this board surrounding NM. Posters were really criticising the hell out of her and saying she was slow, can't defend, no better than Molly Bent, etc. before being a starter when I kept saying repeatedly she was much better than that. They were also saying if she was any good, GA would play her more. Hmmmm....I remember one poster, when somebody asked about her lack of playing time, the response was that GA wants to win and then so many people liked that response...silly. Then GA makes her a starter and the whole boneyard now recognises her game and loves her. This is the only other time I inferred GA since I disagreed with posters and her lack of playing time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom