The Open Championship | Page 5 | The Boneyard

The Open Championship

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You really are making yourself look like a tool. Not a single person here agrees with you. If you don't like the rules of golf don't watch it and then post about it on a college bball message board. Speith made the right decision based on the rules to give himself the best chance to save from making a big number. Now take your pee brain to a thread where you might actually know something.

Actually the only person in this thread with a clue does agree with me. You've got the morans on your side.

If you are going to call names and try to speak from authority - you should probably do better than bragging about your high school golf career - that's pretty sad even for the Boneyard.

Reaction Score
Clearly the path to victory at The Open goes through Cromwell. First and fourth played the Travelers and rested until Birkdale. Let's hope others take notice.

Ha, well at least Spieth should be back next year. Who knows about the rest of the big names though.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Kuchar played fine on that hole and the rest of round. Speith played out of his mind (or maybe just his usual game) from that point on. Speith did what the rules officials allowed him to do under the rules.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You really are making yourself look like a tool. Not a single person here agrees with you. If you don't like the rules of golf don't watch it and then post about it on a college bball message board. Speith made the right decision based on the rules to give himself the best chance to save from making a big number. Now take your pee brain to a thread where you might actually know something.

I love that you post gems like this:

Literally every call in this tourney going in favor of the P5...that was a bad charge call. On the flip side you have Berry on UNC steam roll someone and no call....just awful

It was super hard to predict that the same people looking the other way on a 29 minute shot would cry bias when the calls didn't go their way.

Oh wait - it was super easy to predict and the only thing you are notable for is bad 'inside' information. LOL.

Reaction Score
Actually the only person in this thread with a clue does agree with me. You've got the morans on your side.

If you are going to call names and try to speak from authority - you should probably do better than bragging about your high school golf career - that's pretty sad even for the Boneyard.

You see those names at the bottom of your posts from people who "liked" what you posted? No? That's because you've posted 22 times in this thread...22, and not a single person on the BY liked any one of your 22 posts. Take a break.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

I just want to thank you in the end for making this so easy.

We lost the game, but there was certainly some amount of impact...I feel like this team is often playing 5 on 8, and we're not even good enough to beat a good team 5 on 5. I'm not a conspiracy theorist...but it seems something is going on when you get the wrong side of the whistle almost every time out.

Guy you want to win gets ridiculous benefit from officials - awesome.

Guys you want to win loses even without conspiracy - 8 against 5.

Reaction Score

We lost the game, but there was certainly some amount of impact...I feel like this team is often playing 5 on 8, and we're not even good enough to beat a good team 5 on 5. I'm not a conspiracy theorist...but it seems something is going on when you get the wrong side of the whistle almost every time out.

Make that 23...

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You see those names at the bottom of your posts from people who "liked" what you posted? No? That's because you've posted 22 times in this thread...22, and not a single person on the BY liked any one of your 22 posts. Take a break.

LOL likes. The only person with a clue was Fishy. You've got the usual Boneyard crew of biased ballwashers and assorted losers. Congrats on your likes - I quite enjoyed your historical posts proving you a clown. 8 on 5 lol.

Reaction Score

You really are something. You can't win an argument in this thread because you're wrong so you're pulling up posts from me from when we lost to Cincy in the AAC tourney? I wasn't even rooting for Spieth and never said I was...

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
LOL likes. The only person with a clue was Fishy. You've got the usual Boneyard crew of biased ballwashers and assorted losers. Congrats on your likes - I quite enjoyed your historical posts proving you a clown. 8 on 5 lol.

So wait ... He's cherry picking which times to agree with the rulings, but you're determining which internet posters are any good based solely on whether they agree with this specific point of yours?

Reaction Score

Ok, Fishy said something that was somewhat close to your opinion so that must make you right. There's only one ballwasher on this thread...your tongue must smell "fishy"

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You really are something. You can't win an argument in this thread because you're wrong so you're pulling up posts from me from when we lost to Cincy in the AAC tourney? I wasn't even rooting for Spieth and never said I was...

I didn't lose any argument in this thread and your past posts are delightful because I knew the same people defending the 29 minute shot would be the ones crying about the NCAA/basketball refs. Very easy to predict. But you enjoy your dogboy likes lol.

Reaction Score
I didn't lose any argument in this thread and your past posts are delightful because I knew the same people defending the 29 minute shot would be the ones crying about the NCAA/basketball refs. Very easy to predict. But you enjoy your dogboy likes lol.
You seem to be the one crying about rules, which there no rules broken. Get mad at the R&A for being slow if you want but Spieth did nothing wrong...you're up to 25 now

Reaction Score
Five under over the final 5 holes was pretty sick. I actually thought Spieth was going to fold up and most golfers probably would have. As for the ruling, it was done by the book and would have been no different for any other golfer in that position.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score

I don't think I've ever had a direct interaction with you before and other than the fact you just called me a moron, I'm not sure why you are being so hostile to anyone with a different opinion.

You also have called out Kuchar for no apparent reason. What was he suppose to do? He has no say in how the officials do their thing. He can't make them do things faster.

As for the actual situation and ruling and your claim that they gave him a 27 minute break. I'm curious if you actually think there was an intention on the officials part to take as much time as they could to figure it all out? And if you do think that, do you really think that icing a guy about to make possibly the most difficult shot in his career on the biggest stage for 27 minutes with tons of uncertainty where the shot was going to be played from was somehow going to help? It wasn't like they said 'You are going to be able to drop here. Figure out how best to hit that shot. We'll stall for you. Take all the time you need.'

And as pointed out - this isn't the first time on the tour that a ruling took over 20 minutes.

If your contention is that there was an actual conspiracy, then there's nothing to argue about as we'll never know. But if that isn't your contention, I don't get the angst.

Now don't go and call me a moron or whatever because I disagree with you - just have the discussion.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
So wait --- He's cherry picking which times to agree with the rulings, but you're determining which internet posters are any good based solely on whether they agree with this specific point of yours?

Quite the opposite: Fishy has credible opinions based on his posts. When Fishy disagrees with me on something I consider I may be wrong.

Getting lectured about rules and officals by those who claim UConn plays 8 on 5 or every call is in favor of the P5 - sort of makes them not all that credible when it comes to officiating decisions.

If you want to treat everyone's opinion the same knock yourself out.

Reaction Score
Quite the opposite: Fishy has credible opinions based on his posts. When Fishy disagrees with me on something I consider I may be wrong.

Getting lectured about rules and officals by those who claim UConn plays 8 on 5 or every call is in favor of the P5 - sort of makes them not all that credible when it comes to officiating decisions.

If you want to treat everyone's opinion the same knock yourself out.

There was no "officiating decision",
they simply followed the rules of golf which are sometimes overly complicated. Very few professional golfers would have had a clue where they could have legally dropped their ball there. You sound pathetic...you're getting on me for complaining about officials in the AAC semifinal game and in the same breath trying to convince people that the R&A officials "fixed" or bent the rules for Spieth? Officials have almost no impact on the game of golf...literally you can't think of another sport where officials are less important to the outcome. You're pretty close to being my first ignored poster

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I don't think I've ever had a direct interaction with you before and other than the fact you just called me a moron, I'm not sure why you are being so hostile to anyone with a different opinion.

You also have called out Kuchar for no apparent reason. What was he suppose to do? He has no say in how the officials do their thing. He can't make them do things faster.

As for the actual situation and ruling and your claim that they gave him a 27 minute break. I'm curious if you actually think there was an intention on the officials part to take as much time as they could to figure it all out? And if you do think that, do you really think that icing a guy about to make possibly the most difficult shot in his career on the biggest stage for 27 minutes with tons of uncertainty where the shot was going to be played from was somehow going to help? It wasn't like they said 'You are going to be able to drop here. Figure out how best to hit that shot. We'll stall for you. Take all the time you need.'

And as pointed out - this isn't the first time on the tour that a ruling took over 20 minutes.

If your contention is that there was an actual conspiracy, then there's nothing to argue about as we'll never know. But if that isn't your contention, I don't get the angst.

Now don't go and call me a moron or whatever because I disagree with you - just have the discussion.

I didn't mean to lump you in with the morans - many apologies.

Conspiracy is strong - but I do not doubt that the PGA, NBC, R&A have players they favor. It's a for-profit endevor and the Travelers had similar ratings to the US Open because Speith was here. There aren't many on the list that move the needle right now but him and Rory are at the top of the list.

I think it was nonsense that the R&A allowed that to take 29 minutes. I think it's nonsense that people would claim it didn't advantage Speith (can you do that while ignoring what happened after).

Kuchar was a total punk - sitting in the fairway like a child and then grinning like a fool for the rest of the round. The 'apology' was a joke. Just a beta getting b-slapped by an alpha.

I'm being a jerk about it because it was obvious that the same people claiming that Kuchar wasn't disadvantaged (outside perhaps you) would be the same people that constantly cry about Cal, Pitino, Duke, UNC, Syracuse etc. Total hypocrites who post biased nonsense.

Since you reengaged and I respect you I'll let it go - but I do believe that 29 minutes to hit a ball was ridiculous and a huge advantage and it's only because it's a tour golden boy nobody seems to think it's an issue.

Reaction Score
My only question in the sequence of events, who decides the ball is actually unplayable?? If Spieth declared it unplayable and the Ref came over and said "No, I think you can play it" how is that handled?? Just curious.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
There was no "officiating decision",
they simply followed the rules of golf which are sometimes overly complicated. Very few professional golfers would have had a clue where they could have legally dropped their ball there. You sound pathetic...you're getting on me for complaining about officials in the AAC semifinal game and in the same breath trying to convince people that the R&A officials "fixed" or bent the rules for Spieth? Officials have almost no impact on the game of golf...literally you can't think of another sport where officials are less important to the outcome. You're pretty close to being my first ignored poster

Was there any amount of time at which you'd say Speith has to hit a ball.

An hour? 2 hours? At what point does the R&A force him to play a shot?

Threatening an ignore - wow that's brave. I hope no one has ignored you and missed out on your inside recruiting info or crying about basketball officals.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
My only question in the sequence of events, who decides the ball is actually unplayable?? If Spieth declared it unplayable and the Ref came over and said "No, I think you can play it" how is that handled?? Just curious.

Player decides. That's part of the reason why the ruling timing is nonsense. He spent 10-15 minutes deciding it was unplayable not needing a ruling from anyone.

Reaction Score
Was there any amount of time at which you'd say Speith has to hit a ball.

An hour? 2 hours? At what point does the R&A force him to play a shot?

Threatening an ignore - wow that's brave. I hope no one has ignored you and missed out on your inside recruiting info or crying about basketball officals.

HE was waiting for the R&A pea brain, not the other way around. You realize yet why your arguments are so stupid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom