The Open Championship | Page 8 | The Boneyard

The Open Championship

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It wasn't as simple as just an unplayable lie ruling. After the unplayable decision, they had to decide if the area in back of him for a drop (the range) was in bounds or not. Usually they are not at tournaments, but in this case it was since it is for Birkdale members. Then they had to find a spot within the line of site for the drop, but that was blocked by trucks and trailers. Since those were decided to be temporary immovable objects, they then had to decide on an alternate drop area away from the objects.

So in order for him to play his shot, they had to evaluate 3-4 different rules in sequence. While it felt like a long time, 20-25 minutes isn't crazy considering the number of different rules that had to be evaluated. He had every right to take an unplayable lie, they amount of time to make all the other rulings was largely out of his control, and the R&A want going to rush an important and unusually complicated set of rulings.

I was pulling for Kuch, but I also like Spieth, and he deserved the win based on his play in the closing holes. That's what champions do.
In addition there were cables overhead between camera booms. Got relief there too. Great explanation though.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Wasn't @JSM1970 the one who discussed ad nauseam how Draymond was highly overrated and Crowder was as good if not better, but for their situations?

I actually dislike Draymond and think he's probably a tad overrated, but not that's an all-time gem on top of the 50 others.

Reaction Score
Wasn't @JSM1970 the one who discussed ad nauseam how Draymond was highly overrated and Crowder was as good if not better, but for their situations?

I actually dislike Draymond and think he's probably a tad overrated, but not that's an all-time gem on top of the 50 others.

Yep, add that to the list as well.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
JSM is Whaler's go to for his sports takes.

A guy who welched as bad as you did running your mouth is gold. Who is your go to for election takes?

Sometimes JSM is right. That he says unpopular things doesn't change that. Pretty much you can fade the BY and be right more often than not.

Reaction Score
Yes, crowder could do exactly what Green does in that system at 35% less and not a total %#€¥+

Do you somehow believe that you can will idiotic takes like this into being true if you just repeat yourself enough times?

Reaction Score
Jack's explanation was right on the money. Add that the situation with the driving raw get being in play is a little unusual here but some of those old Scottish and Irish and English courses have a number of unusual conditions. Lahinch in Ireland had goats that roamed the course and their pen was inbounds when I played there. I'm not sure they are still there but it was kind of odd watching someone hit out of a goat pen. Another course I played there, can't remember which one, you were in bounds on the beach even though you needed to take off your shoes and wade out to it at high tide. It had always been part of the course. Then again Royal Dublin I think had a bunker you had to use a ladder to get in and out. Again not something you'd see at your typical US muny.

Reaction Score
A guy who welched as bad as you did running your mouth is gold. Who is your go to for election takes?

Sometimes JSM is right. That he says unpopular things doesn't change that. Pretty much you can fade the BY and be right more often than not.
Damn dude, you are a serious touch hole.

Reaction Score
You are beginning to sound like a Syracuse fan comparing programs.

You have already conceded Jordan had a better 2015.

So far in 2017, they both have 3 wins, Spieth is up 1-0 in majors, Spieth has won more money and Spieth has a lower stroke average.

If you breaking it down solely on results then your Jason Day comparison is laughable.

We are talking right now, 3 years ago is a long time in golf, but fine. Their scoring average over the last 3 seasons is almost identical at 69.2 and 69.5. By the way this is not a knock on Speith, he, DJ, Rory, and Hideki are the 4 best players in the game, Brooks and Rickie are right there as well.

Also, scoring average is an archaic stat at this point given the fact players do not always play the same tournaments, strokes gained is a much more accurate measure.

Stat – SG: Total

Reaction Score
Jack's explanation was right on the money. Add that the situation with the driving raw get being in play is a little unusual here but some of those old Scottish and Irish and English courses have a number of unusual conditions. Lahinch in Ireland had goats that roamed the course and their pen was inbounds when I played there. I'm not sure they are still there but it was kind of odd watching someone hit out of a goat pen. Another course I played there, can't remember which one, you were in bounds on the beach even though you needed to take off your shoes and wade out to it at high tide. It had always been part of the course. Then again Royal Dublin I think had a bunker you had to use a ladder to get in and out. Again not something you'd see at your typical US muny.

Yeah, I played Lahinch a couple times. I hit into that goat pen, but elected to take a mulligan. Fun course.

Is Tralee or Waterville the course you are thinking of with the beach in play?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom