The Open Championship | The Boneyard

The Open Championship

Status
Not open for further replies.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Nothing on this so far? How did that happen?

I was going to post something on Wednesday but didn't get around to it so any predictions I had are no longer valid. Although I would have said my favorites are Dustin, Jordan and Rory (way to pick three of the top 5 Jim) and my not high up on the Vegas list would be Brooks Koepka, you just have to take me at my word. Dustin flamed but the other three are there.

Does Jordan go wire to wire?

Does someone call this a tricked up course? A ridiculous field? Players who aren't as good as Jack's era?

Should be a fun weekend and for the record, I'm totally behind Jordan before and now to win it.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Spieth, Kuch, Poulter, Koepka and McIlroy. Nice leaderboard.

I'd love to see Big Easy Ernie get another Claret Jug.

Reaction Score
No chance, +1 and can't play at this level

This is such a great event, never get enough of it and the shot making, overall look of it

Love to see a Rory-Spieth Sunday pairing

Spieth, Kuch, Poulter, Koepka and McIlroy. Nice leaderboard.

I'd love to see Big Easy Ernie get another Claret Jug.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

I was going to post something on Wednesday but didn't get around to it so any predictions I had are no longer valid. Although I would have said my favorites are Dustin, Jordan and Rory (way to pick three of the top 5 Jim) and my not high up on the Vegas list would be Brooks Koepka, you just have to take me at my word. Dustin flamed but the other three are there.

Does someone call this a tricked up course? A ridiculous field? Players who aren't as good as Jack's era?

Should be a fun weekend and for the record, I'm totally behind Jordan before and now to win it.

I had Tommy Fleetwood in my pool. Miracle he made cut.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Leaders better have 65-66 in the bag today just to maintain position.

These links courses can't hold their own against today's technology without wind and rain.

Reaction Score

@JSM1970 will call it all three.

There is a chance we will have the four best players in the world (DJ, Jordan, Rory, and Hideki) all there on Sunday, and man would that be amazing.

Reaction Score
Like the Kuch, but pulling hard for Speith, always liked him and if you win the travelers your always one of our guys.
I would like him a lot more if he was a mute.

His to lose at this point, just throw up 2 under tomorrow and its over.

Reaction Score
Ah! Come on Jerry. That's his style man, kid likes to talk so what.
Between the constant usage of "we", his horribly annoying on the course babbling, and unbelievably slow play I am not a Spieth fan, but he is an incredible talent, just not my type of player.

Reaction Score
I don't like or root for him against most other top players.

DJ, Rickie, Sergio, Rory

But, he is efficient and consistent. The "we" is just that he approaches it that way. I actually respect it.

But I can't stand Koepka, just don't like him at all

Between the constant usage of "we", his horribly annoying on the course babbling, and unbelievably slow play I am not a Spieth fan, but he is an incredible talent, just not my type of player.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Grace's 62 could have been 60 even 59 he played so good. He left 2 putts dead snots in short by a couple rolls as well as lipping one out, tremendous round. Problem I have is it's a par 70 so that's 8 under while the 63s of the past may have been 8 or even 9 under depending on par for their respective courses I will have to look those up, anyway good for him.

Speith is amazing when I first saw the course in the bad weather I thought he was screwed due to his inconsistent tee game but he has steered clear of trouble off the tee and his iron game and putting has been crazy good.

Like him but would love to see Kuchar win he's a great dude. Either way USA....

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Early numbers for the 2/3 of the field that have teed off lets me believe a 67-68 and Spieth wins it.

And oh by the way, get used to Xander Schauffele. Kid has game and his name keeps showing up on the top of leaderboards.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Grace's 62 could have been 60 even 59 he played so good. He left 2 putts dead snots in short by a couple rolls as well as lipping one out, tremendous round. Problem I have is it's a par 70 so that's 8 under while the 63s of the past may have been 8 or even 9 under depending on par for their respective courses I will have to look those up, anyway good for him.
While you are correct the under par part makes sense, it's typically easier to birdie (or eagle) a par five so it's a little easier to get those extra 2 shots back. I imagine it would be even tougher to shoot 62/63 from a par 68 course with no par 5s.

Reaction Score
While you are correct the under par part makes sense, it's typically easier to birdie (or eagle) a par five so it's a little easier to get those extra 2 shots back. I imagine it would be even tougher to shoot 62/63 from a par 68 course with no par 5s.
Judging a score to par is not really the way to do it, look at compared to the field average.

Grace's 62 sets the new major championship scoring record but comparing it to the field average, it was the 66th best of the PGA tour season

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
All that time, ugliness and brilliance? Played those two holes even par.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Cajones.

-2 his past three holes which included a penalty stroke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom