Precious Achiuwa update 4/23 | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Precious Achiuwa update 4/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Just 6 days left to the end of the signing period.

What happens at the end of the signing period and we still have a slot (or two) open?

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
As much as I would love to have Precious on the team it seems like if he won't commit to a visit then we need to move to the next guy. He doesn't seem motivated to push through his decision process and I think sometimes it's okay to say "next". One season (with the team we currently have) would make us better but not enough to push us over the top. Rather have someone who can be here two or more seasons that we can build a team with. Once we are back at the top taking a one and done player can make a huge difference.

Reaction Score
Signing an NLI with a school means the player is guaranteed a scholarship and no other school can recruit him. As Rico stated above, a player can enroll after the 5/15 deadline even without an NLI.

Reaction Score
What happens at the end of the signing period and we still have a slot (or two) open?
Nothing. Most kids don't even sign a LOI anyway since it's binding

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
It is pretty clear he considers himself one of those top players.
Which has nothing to do with my post. I was responding to someone saying “most kids don’t sign LOI”.

Reaction Score
The vast majority of kids sign an LOI during the signing period. Only very few top players opt to wait.
Maybe it's changed. For a while I remember kids not signing the binding agreement and only a financial aid agreement

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Deandre Daniels committed without even visiting here if I remember correctly. Also, didn’t he say he wanted to take all 5 visits?
Did Charlie V ever visit? I remember his recruitment being kind of random too.

Reaction Score
Evan Daniels of 247 changed his pick from Memphis to Undecided a few days ago while Corey Evans of Rivals switched his pick from Memphis to Kansas yesterday.

Reaction Score
I say NEXT. Would it be nice to have him? Absolutely! Not worth waiting for his decision and miss out on what is left over.

Reaction Score
Evan Daniels of 247 changed his pick from Memphis to Undecided a few days ago while Corey Evans of Rivals switched his pick from Memphis to Kansas yesterday.
The explanation Corey Evans gave for the switch to Kansas.

It’s a few separate sources. Nothing legitimate. Going out on the limb some but this is not a done deal for Memphis. Going back and fourth on each. UNC, too. Believe that Kansas will get him in the end but not definite.

I wonder if one of those "nothing legitimate" sources was the guy at the car wash. :)

So you can see what sometimes goes into these crystal ball predictions.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
The explanation Corey Evans gave for the switch to Kansas.

It’s a few separate sources. Nothing legitimate. Going out on the limb some but this is not a done deal for Memphis. Going back and fourth on each. UNC, too. Believe that Kansas will get him in the end but not definite.

I wonder if one of those "nothing legitimate" sources was the guy at the car wash. :)

So you can see what sometimes goes into these crystal ball predictions.
247 needs to put their crystal balls through the carwash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom