Precious Achiuwa update 4/23 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Precious Achiuwa update 4/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
I realized it was a joke, but I meant it more along the lines of Precious. I don't see any way we don't fill that last scholarship.

Reaction Score
Think of it as an outlook based in reality
Speaking of reality, do you have any insight for who are targeting as a big for 19 that's realistic? Manuel?

Reaction Score
Think of it as an outlook based in reality

Just admit that when we got a crystal ball a few weeks ago you got worried that your original prediction would be wrong.

Reaction Score
Off the Kansas recruiting update yesterday.
“There have been many top schools involved in his recruitment, but it seems as if the frontrunners are Connecticut and Memphis. The Huskies have been the favorite for a long time, but Penny Hardaway and the Tigers have made a late push that gives them a chance to get him.
Kansas isn’t 100% out of it, but he might be the most unlikely to join the Jayhawks out of the five players on this list. “

Reaction Score
“There have been many top schools involved in his recruitment, but it seems as if the frontrunners are Connecticut and Memphis. The Huskies have been the favorite for a long time, but Penny Hardaway and the Tigers have made a late push that gives them a chance to get him.
Kansas isn’t 100% out of it, but he might be the most unlikely to join the Jayhawks out of the five players on this list. “

Link?

Reaction Score
Does this Kansas insider have any credibility?

Reaction Score
I’m hearing the same thing I’ve heard for the past few weeks. We are NOT the favorite, but are also not out of the running. I know that’s kind of a pointless update but that’s where it seems like we’re at.

Reaction Score
I think our only/best chance here is to have a Lance Stephenson situation where the top schools get sick of waiting on him and we're the ones left with a scholarship available.

Reaction Score
he is not coming to Ct...Hurleys recruiting dictates this..trying yet people to reclass..we r out ...let it go..

Reaction Score
he is not coming to Ct...Hurleys recruiting dictates this..trying yet people to reclass..we r out ...let it go..
I don’t think are chances are good at all, but how does trying to get a SG to reclassify signify we’re out?

SubInATub

I have midnight visits
Reaction Score
I don’t think are chances are good at all, but how does trying to get a SG to reclassify signify we’re out?

I think he is going for a throw it at the wall and see what sticks approach

Hoops91

The Truth Factory
Reaction Score
Unless you’re from the area, why would you take Memphis over UCONN?? Memphis is a dump..Dont give me Penny Hardaway is a master recruiter. Doesn’t make sense, if it was comes down to those 2 schools I like our chances. How many championships has Memphis won, what’s the tradition there? Now if it’s UCONN against UNC or Kansas, that’s a different story.

C

Chief00

The other thing I will add is Precious has a lot of familiarity with our staff and our proximity to NYC. It may not be sexy and familiarity can cut both ways, as it did with GM with PSA. However, it also wins out in the end in probably half of college decisions.

Reaction Score
I’m hearing the same thing I’ve heard for the past few weeks. We are NOT the favorite, but are also not out of the running. I know that’s kind of a pointless update but that’s where it seems like we’re at.

Are you hearing that there is a favorite?

Reaction Score
I never understand the "close to home" argument. I'm sure it's split, but quite a bit of kids surely want nothing more than to get the heck out of wherever they're from

C

Chief00

I never understand the "close to home" argument. I'm sure it's split, but quite a bit of kids surely want nothing more than to get the heck out of wherever they're from
That’s why I said about 1/2 the time. I know my son wanted to go to Cali, then TX, then FL but ended up going to college in CT. So it’s a process and you have to let them work through it with only occasional guidance. There’s valid reasons for going far away or staying close to home. It’s an individual decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom