Precious Achiuwa update 4/23 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Precious Achiuwa update 4/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If he is going to be 1 and done then I like the idea of developing someone else.

If he has that kind of talent we want him and need him. Hurley's job will be to develop his talent. Get him to buy-in to making the team better and showcasing his skills so he can maximize his draft potential. We have enough players to develop.

Reaction Score
If he has that kind of talent we want him and need him. Hurley's job will be to develop his talent. Get him to buy-in to making the team better and showcasing his skills so he can maximize his draft potential. We have enough players to develop.
Andre was a great talent and we did nothing that year. I'm not saying don't take him but if he really is 1 and done then it isn't such a great loss.

Reaction Score
What do you not understand about needing to have nba alum
Please explain it. We have plenty of NBA alums and none of them ever made a shot after they left UConn. Does it help recruiting? Yes, but we may be another year out to make the NCAA tourney. I'd love to have Precious for a year but he is really less important than building a team for the future.

Reaction Score
Please explain it. We have plenty of NBA alums and none of them ever made a shot after they left UConn. Does it help recruiting? Yes, but we may be another year out to make the NCAA tourney. I'd love to have Precious for a year but he is really less important than building a team for the future.
It helps recruiting immensely lol. Our nba stock is dwindling. But Congrats on having a more correct opinion than me!

Reaction Score
Stanford Robinson was arrested once before he got to URI...and then once after he got to URI. Indispensable URI contributor. I am not as big of a Buzz guy as others.

I say sign Chris Clarke IF we can. His 16-17 performance puts UConn the tourney. Then we can beat Memphis w/PA.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Andre was a great talent and we did nothing that year. I'm not saying don't take him but if he really is 1 and done then it isn't such a great loss.

Danz, There were a few things going on when Andre was here. Plus, different position. People generalize too much from that year.

Reaction Score

You realize we are probably going to get a grad transfer right? That doesn’t help build a team for the future one bit.

Reaction Score
We barely have any at this point, and very few good ones. Kids want to get to the NBA and we need to be able to sell them on being able to do that at UConn

Reaction Score
We barely have any at this point, and very few good ones. Kids want to get to the NBA and we need to be able to sell them on being able to do that at UConn

What do you mean by "very few good ones"? I know we are down in #s, but we still have a lot of good ones in Kemba, Andre, Lamb and Rudy.

Those are 4 good ones.

A lot of schools have a dozen NBA players, but they have about 4 good ones.

Reaction Score
What do you mean by "very few good ones"? I know we are down in #s, but we still have a lot of good ones in Kemba, Andre, Lamb and Rudy.

Those are 4 good ones.

A lot of schools have a dozen NBA players, but they have about 4 good ones.
Yeah obviously those 4 are all great, but that's it. We obviously need a bigger presence of UConn in the NBA, particularly among star players

Reaction Score
Yeah obviously those 4 are all great, but that's it. We obviously need a bigger presence of UConn in the NBA, particularly among star players

All I'm saying is that the vast majority of schools don't have more than 4 good ones. Only a few exceed 4: Kansas, UNC, Duke, Kentucky, UCLA, Michigan State. That's about it.

Reaction Score
Truth is that UConn has a few, but Hurley has nobody beyond two ways and cups of coffee. It wiil be used against him in negative recruiting until he gets a couple to stick. None of the guys on the roster are tracking that way currently, although a couple current recruits have a shot. More is better.

Reaction Score
All I'm saying is that the vast majority of schools don't have more than 4 good ones. Only a few exceed 4: Kansas, UNC, Duke, Kentucky, UCLA, Michigan State. That's about it.
That's probably fair. My point is basically we're not at the point where we should be saying we don't want a kid because he's going to the NBA

Reaction Score

That had more to do with Oriaki than Drummond.

We have an immediate need for a big. Would you rather have a middling grad transfer big for one season, or Precious who may also help repair our reputation as a destination for big men?

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
The point isn't that it was a bad decision the point is that in any close game luck always has something to do with it.

I was responding to the suggestion that JC's move wasn't smart (it was) and that it would have looked like a bad move if we didn't rally (conjecture, not least of all given that JC said afterwards he would've put EO back in if he needed to).

Reaction Score
So Penny is new and unproven. THAT is the ATTRACTION? They are in the same conference we are, our facilities are as good or better, we have more tradition, championships and name recognition, we have better fans, we have better academics and reputation and we have a somewhat proven coach who is the son of a Hall of Fame coach. Other than Fed Ex booster money, why the hell would a kid choose Memphis State over UConn?!?!?!
But we’re in Storrs.............. that is the big drag.

Reaction Score
That's probably fair. My point is basically we're not at the point where we should be saying we don't want a kid because he's going to the NBA
Who said that? I didn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg