Precious Achiuwa update 4/23 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Precious Achiuwa update 4/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Unless you’re from the area, why would you take Memphis over UCONN?? Memphis is a dump..Dont give me Penny Hardaway is a master recruiter. Doesn’t make sense, if it was comes down to those 2 schools I like our chances. How many championships has Memphis won, what’s the tradition there? Now if it’s UCONN against UNC or Kansas, that’s a different story.
Hardaway is like a Penny, all bright shiny and new. I see the attraction, KO had it for a while. If he can coach, then he'll be a force to be reckoned with. If not, then once the new car wears off, he'll be Chris Mullins.

Reaction Score
Unless you’re from the area, why would you take Memphis over UCONN?? Memphis is a dump..Dont give me Penny Hardaway is a master recruiter. Doesn’t make sense, if it was comes down to those 2 schools I like our chances. How many championships has Memphis won, what’s the tradition there? Now if it’s UCONN against UNC or Kansas, that’s a different story.
Kansas has never been dominant even in those three NC years. 1952 was so long ago, no one cared, and the NCAA championship was like what the NIT is now. 1988 was a fluke, period. Even 2008 had the miracle Mario Chalmers three. Compare that to UConn's 4 national championships over 15 years, plus several years when they should have won it but didn't. Only thing Kansas has been dominant in is cheating.

Reaction Score

Precious is planning on a one-year college career. Tradition is not going to play a factor here. The Memphis program is trendy right now.

He wants a year where he’ll have fun, work and develop his skills, win some, and get ready for the draft. He has numerous options, most of which will get him those things.

Reaction Score
Hardaway is like a Penny, all bright shiny and new. I see the attraction, KO had it for a while. If he can coach, then he'll be a force to be reckoned with. If not, then once the new car wears off, he'll be Chris Mullins.
So Penny is new and unproven. THAT is the ATTRACTION? They are in the same conference we are, our facilities are as good or better, we have more tradition, championships and name recognition, we have better fans, we have better academics and reputation and we have a somewhat proven coach who is the son of a Hall of Fame coach. Other than Fed Ex booster money, why the hell would a kid choose Memphis State over UConn?!?!?!

Reaction Score
Precious is planning on a one-year college career. Tradition is not going to play a factor here. The Memphis program is trendy right now.

He wants a year where he’ll have fun, work and develop his skills, win some, and get ready for the draft. He has numerous options, most of which will get him those things.
Since when is mediocrity trendy? He would get more attention playing at UConn. People are just rationalizing now. Sorry but there is only one thing that could make a kid choose Memphis over UConn and that is $$$$. The fact that he looked into WKU tells us all we need to know. People have been in denial for years about how sleazy recruiting is but the FBI shined a light on the cockroaches. These kids are playing with fire now that the FBI is snooping around. You don't need to go to a trendy school to be seen by NBA scouts. But if you play the wrong game with the wrong school, you could end up in prison instead of the NBA.

Reaction Score
Since when is mediocrity trendy? He would get more attention playing at UConn. People are just rationalizing now. Sorry but there is only one thing that could make a kid choose Memphis over UConn and that is $$$$. The fact that he looked into WKU tells us all we need to know. People have been in denial for years about how sleazy recruiting is but the FBI shined a light on the cockroaches. These kids are playing with fire now that the FBI is snooping around. You don't need to go to a trendy school to be seen by NBA scouts. But if you play the wrong game with the wrong school, you could end up in prison instead of the NBA.

You’ve either spectacularly missed the point or are not tuned into current recruiting. The players couldn’t care less about the Memphis program’s history. Penny’s high-status on the recruiting front right now, and it’s clicking with a lot of top recruits. And no, a player would not get more attention at UConn right now than at Memphis, not that that even matters for a projected lottery pick.

Reaction Score
Kansas has never been dominant even in those three NC years. 1952 was so long ago, no one cared, and the NCAA championship was like what the NIT is now. 1988 was a fluke, period. Even 2008 had the miracle Mario Chalmers three. Compare that to UConn's 4 national championships over 15 years, plus several years when they should have won it but didn't. Only thing Kansas has been dominant in is cheating.
Take the national flag blue glasses off and be objective.

First off, it's never a fluke winning 6 games in the NCAA Tournament. Some people use that same argument for UConn's 2014 title but look at the teams that UConn team beat. It wasn't a fluke.

Then you say "a miracle Mario Chalmers three." You could make that same argument to UConn's 2014 title with Brimah's shot and free throw against St. Joe's. Without that one play UConn is out in the first round. And the come back against Duke in the 2004 semifinal was pretty miraculous. Many champions have had the same type of stuff happen to them. You need to be good and sometimes a little lucky to win a title.

When you say about UConn "...plus several years they should have won it but didn't" would apply to Kansas too. I bet they've been a 1 seed more times than UConn.

I hate when fans can't be objective.

Reaction Score
Take the national flag blue glasses off and be objective.

First off, it's never a fluke winning 6 games in the NCAA Tournament. Some people use that same argument for UConn's 2014 title but look at the teams that UConn team beat. It wasn't a fluke.

Then you say "a miracle Mario Chalmers three." You could make that same argument to UConn's 2014 title with Brimah's shot and free throw against St. Joe's. Without that one play UConn is out in the first round. And the come back against Duke in the 2004 semifinal was pretty miraculous. Many champions have had the same type of stuff happen to them. You need to be good and sometimes a little lucky to win a title.

When you say about UConn "...plus several years they should have won it but didn't" would apply to Kansas too. I bet they've been a 1 seed more times than UConn.

I hate when fans can't be objective.
Everyone credits the genius of Calhoun taking Okafor out for the entire first half with 2 fouls. It took an unreal comeback in the last 3 minutes to pull off that W. If that doesn't happen keeping Okafor out may have been looked at as one of the worst decisions ever. So much of it is luck and one or two big plays/calls.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
So Penny is new and unproven. THAT is the ATTRACTION? They are in the same conference we are, our facilities are as good or better, we have more tradition, championships and name recognition, we have better fans, we have better academics and reputation and we have a somewhat proven coach who is the son of a Hall of Fame coach. Other than Fed Ex booster money, why the hell would a kid choose Memphis State over UConn?!?!?!
They have Wiseman.

Reaction Score
You’ve either spectacularly missed the point or are not tuned into current recruiting. The players couldn’t care less about the Memphis program’s history. Penny’s high-status on the recruiting front right now, and it’s clicking with a lot of top recruits. And no, a player would not get more attention at UConn right now than at Memphis, not that that even matters for a projected lottery pick.
but, but, but.... what about ACADEMICS!!! LMAO

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I've gotten to the point where I almost don't want this kid
Just have bad vibes all about it
Hope I'm wrong

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Everyone credits the genius of Calhoun taking Okafor out for the entire first half with 2 fouls. It took an unreal comeback in the last 3 minutes to pull off that W. If that doesn't happen keeping Okafor out may have been looked at as one of the worst decisions ever. So much of it is luck and one or two big plays/calls.

That was genius. We came back because Coach K's relative lack of discipline allowed Williams to pick up foul #3 late in the first half. (JC said he would've put EO back in if things got out of hand, but they didn't.) Meanwhile, a fresh and not-in-foul-trouble EO knocked Williams and Randolph out, before feasting on Horvath.

JC outcoached K twice and luck had little (I won't say nothing) to do with it.

pj

Reaction Score
Sitting the players with 2 fouls generally works quite well because when you get down big with a top player on the bench in foul trouble, the officials tend to start giving your team favorable calls. Then when the player comes back in the second half, he's fresh and not really in foul trouble any more (having 3 to give in half a game).

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
Penny/NBA + Wiseman + More Great Players = Major P5 player. The young'uns like the celebrity and who can resist spooky lil penny.

Reaction Score
That was genius. We came back because Coach K's relative lack of discipline allowed Williams to pick up foul #3 late in the first half. (JC said he would've put EO back in if things got out of hand, but they didn't.) Meanwhile, a fresh and not-in-foul-trouble EO knocked Williams and Randolph out, before feasting on Horvath.

JC outcoached K twice and luck had little (I won't say nothing) to do with it.

The point isn't that it was a bad decision the point is that in any close game luck always has something to do with it.

Reaction Score
I've gotten to the point where I almost don't want this kid
Just have bad vibes all about it
Hope I'm wrong
If he is going to be 1 and done then I like the idea of developing someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom