Precious Achiuwa update 4/23 | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Precious Achiuwa update 4/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I never rooted for other teams in the Big East to get good players and I won't root for Memphis or any other AAC school.

The Big East was potentially the best college basketball conference of all-time. Now we're in a second rate conference. Heck, our games are going to be on ESPN+!!! We need this conference to gain some respect and by the other teams in the conference pulling in top talent, it's helping the cause.

Reaction Score
The Big East was potentially the best college basketball conference of all-time. Now we're in a second rate conference. Heck, our games are going to be on ESPN+!!! We need this conference to gain some respect and by the other teams in the conference pulling in top talent, it's helping the cause.
Big 12 games are gonna be on ESPN+ too, it has nothing to do with the conference. You wanna get on TV? It's simple. Win games and be nationally relevant.

Reaction Score

The old Big East wasn't the best MBB overnight.
It grew into that and TV (ESPN) grew along with it. Some of these comments about ESPN+ mirror the growth of the industry then. Just like the Big 12, the AAC will be on the linear networks a ton with a presence on ESPN+ too.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
I never rooted for other teams in the Big East to get good players and I won't root for Memphis or any other AAC school.
Apples and oranges.

I didn't care about getting more respect for the OBE. It was the best basketball conference.
For the sake of UConn basketball, we desperately need the AAC to improve, along with us.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
This is NUTS, Memphis will have the most talented roster in the country next year once they land PA. Airing of grievances: meanwhile we have 1 true center and 1 injury prone reliable ball handler on our roster. What we needed for this class was a 5-6 player roster overhaul ala 2006.

Reaction Score
Either Memphis is dirty or Penny is God. I’ll venture a guess. Not afraid to say it. Every time it looks like a duck, it is. AAU and Nike filth all over this. Keep in mind, Penny has been out of the league for over a decade. These kids aren’t mesmerized by Penny.

Reaction Score
Either Memphis is dirty or Penny is God. I’ll venture a guess. Not afraid to say it. Every time it looks like a duck, it is. AAU and Nike filth all over this. Keep in mind, Penny has been out of the league for over a decade. These kids aren’t mesmerized by Penny.
Agree 100%. He must be a smooth talker and each commit gets a boat load of perks

Reaction Score

If you want to be mesmerized by Penny in 2019 you can literally just search his name on Youtube and catch up on his whole career.

Look, I'm whiter than milk, but it's kind of known that Penny is kind of a "hood legend", and you can't deny the positive recruiting and coaching impact of having this young African-American guy who has "made it" in ways beyond just basketball. He is really an inspiration to a ton of kids from rough circumstances, not to mention many of their parents grew up witnessing Penny's peak and knowing his story in full. Throw in Mike Miller, and there is no need to play dirty when you have a pitch that tight. Idk how you can presume guilt/corruption in the face of this much more likely reason for his success.

Reaction Score
It’s easy. Look at all the great, proven coaches that aren’t getting these guys. Every time it looks like a duck, it’s a duck.

Btw, have you ever been to Memphis?

Reaction Score
It’s easy. Look at all the great, proven coaches that aren’t getting these guys. Every time it looks like a duck, it’s a duck.

Btw, have you ever been to Memphis?
That's my gd point.

Reaction Score
It’s really simple. No one lands that much talent cleanly, no one. Calipari, K, Self, Miller, you name it. All are filthy and it has been proven over and over again. Stop drinking the Kool Aid. You don’t land all those guys without paying them. Nobody ever has and nobody ever will. If I’m a top recruit choosing between Memphis and UNC, Kansas or Duke, only one thing would make me pick Memphis and it isn’t Penny. I have a son playing college basketball, his view of K, Self or Roy Williams is light years ahead of Penny. On top of that, it’s Memphis. This is getting so old, when a program gets a ton of guys, they are cheating. JC had everything going for him and he never recruited like this. Even when he supposedly cheated, the charges we so vague and uncertain compared to what we’ve seen lately. Memphis? Too good to be true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom