Paschal Chukwu has list | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Paschal Chukwu has list

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Ed Cooley has been a head coach for 8 years and has zero NCAA tourney appearances. The Cooley love fest is extremely bizarre. How long can you continue to blame Keno for EC's lack of results? Keep drinking the Cool Aid, but believe me when I tell you it was a mistake firing Tim Welsh.

Reaction Score

We just picked up two 5 star recruits this spring, and we have a national championship contending team returning. The last thing we're worried about is PC recruiting. How did your top ten 2012 recruiting ranking work out for you? Can't help but think that Dunn would have improved a lot more at a better program. Get some results and come back and talk to us..

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
We just picked up two 5 star recruits this spring, and we have a national championship contending team returning. The last thing we're worried about is PC recruiting. How did your top ten 2012 recruiting ranking work out for you? Can't help but think that Dunn would have improved a lot more at a better program. Get some results and come back and talk to us..

That is if Wolf returns. If not this team will struggle to beat top teams.

Reaction Score

I can't wait until UConn signs the best 18 year olds in the entire world!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
Yonnick,
Happy Father's Day to you as well. Kids love Eds passion and message. When he adds the results on the court; he will be tough to beat.

Reaction Score

When you used to brag about your meaningless regular season victories over us, it was just annoying. But in a year where you don't have that to fall back on, "playing us tough" in two losing efforts also becomes a feather in the cap for PC?

That's like us bragging to Louisville fans that we had a 10 point lead against them at one point in the first half last year.

Reaction Score

C'mon, man. If you're going to put yourself out there as a beacon of rational thought, you've got to at least concede that PC plays UConn like it's their national championship game. UConn plays PC as a "let's not lose to a lesser team with bigger fish to fry on the horizon." That's not a superiority complex, that's just reality.

UConn is a national program. I live on the west coast and people with no east coast connections out here have no idea what PC is, let alone that it purports to be a factor in college basketball. Ernie D. is 62 years old. Pitino's glory years on smith hill were 25 years ago. Since then, you're Holy Cross, with better recruits and crappier academics. This whole "look out for Cooley" nonsense sounds awfully familiar to the "look out for Keno-ball" you were spewing a couple years ago.

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
Did you watch Wolf play last year?

We have nobody in the frontcourt (other than Daniels), who can step up and give us a double-double and be reliable. Take away one of our better basket defenders and we're still thin down low. There are teams who will abuse us down low and we will get into foul trouble. With Wolf we have more depth and some valuable experience.

Reaction Score
We have nobody in the frontcourt (other than Daniels), who can step up and give us a double-double and be reliable. Take away one of our better basket defenders and we're still thin down low. There are teams who will abuse us down low and we will get into foul trouble. With Wolf we have more depth and some valuable experience.

If Facey and Nolan don't give us more than Wolf gave us last year, we're not going to go to the second weekend (as many of us expect).

Wolf falls asleep a lot out there.

Reaction Score
C'mon, man. If you're going to put yourself out there as a beacon of rational thought, you've got to at least concede that PC plays UConn like it's their national championship game. UConn plays PC as a "let's not lose to a lesser team with bigger fish to fry on the horizon." That's not a superiority complex, that's just reality.

UConn is a national program. I live on the west coast and people with no east coast connections out here have no idea what PC is, let alone that it purports to be a factor in college basketball. Ernie D. is 62 years old. Pitino's glory years on smith hill were 25 years ago. Since then, you're Holy Cross, with better recruits and crappier academics. This whole "look out for Cooley" nonsense sounds awfully familiar to the "look out for Keno-ball" you were spewing a couple years ago.

This may have been true during the Calhoun years, but I didn't get the sense that our kids last season laid anything less than everything they had on the line in every game, specifically on senior day, our final game of the season.

The talk of PC becoming a northeastern powerhouse seems far-fetched, but I see no reason they can't become the decent program they were in the 90's, especially if the NBE proves to be a long-term success. I have to give them some credit - they're fans are a feisty bunch who have displayed more of a passion for the game than a lot of big time programs despite their ineptitude in recent years. I'm glad that they appear to be on the brink of respectability again.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score

Three National Championships to Zero championships.

The best team for the last twenty plus years is UConn hands down. That is a fact Jack.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score

I don't want to get into a pissing match here, but let me answer your question on how are the two programs are different: While they may be somewhat similar this year, you are excited to have a team that might actually dance this year and we expect to have a team that dances every year. We are thinking a final four is not out of reach and a sweet 16 is almost expected. You would be happy to just make the tourny and have really no expectation of a final four and a sweet 16 would be huge.

We were where you are once and we climbed the mountain. You haven't and the odds are that you won't. If you do, great, but please don't get all excited about one year where you might finally dance and hope to pull in some top recruits where you are not the really even the leader but more an afterthought. Again, if you get them great - you're stepping up, but until it happens, it's best to keep thoughts of greatness in check.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score

But UCONN guard's more than make up for it. Yes Daniels is the most experienced and best front court player but to discount the rest of the front line this time of year is short sighted to say the least.

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
But UCONN guard's more than make up for it. Yes Daniels is the most experienced and best front court player but to discount the rest of the front line this time of year is short sighted to say the least.

Against decent teams, yes. Once we meet a team with a dominating frontcourt, our frontcourt would be chopped into mincemeat.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score

I think I kind of addressed it in my post. A sweet 16 would be a huge accomplishment for PC. A final 4 would be an accomplishment for UConn next year but not exactly something nobody saw coming. For the record, I am not anti PC. I would love for a real New England rival develop for UConn. We really don't have a natural rival at our level. I'm just saying the difference - and not just from a fan perspective - is that UConn can expect to get to a sweet 16 and anything better than getting in the field is an accomplishment for PC. Nobody is saying PC is a potential final four team. Many think UConn might get there. That's the difference.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Against decent teams, yes. Once we meet a team with a dominating frontcourt, our frontcourt would be chopped into mincemeat.

You discount the backcourt which should be one of the top one's in the country

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wesw1963