Paschal Chukwu has list | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Paschal Chukwu has list

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Depends on what EC wants. If he thinks the school is able to give him the resources he needs to deliver realistic expectations on the court; the pay is pretty competitive.

Depends on how important money and time is to him and his family etc. To the normal person who makes say $50,000-200,000, $2 million seems like more than enough to be happy and there is no difference between 2 million and 2.8, but that is not necessarily the way most people making 2 million think. You also have to factor in a person's time. Cooley would not have to put in nearly as much work recruiting if he was at a big time school in a state that produced a lot of talent. He won't get the Duke job, but lets say Illinois offers him the head coaching position for more money and years than PC offers. It would be very tough to turn down for the reasons I just mentioned.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score

I'm not firing barbs. I'm stating facts that upset you. Big difference.

When was the last time PC had a successful coach that stayed on past multiple sweet 16 runs?

Reaction Score
You should have beaten UConn that last game. The Huskies were running on fumes, Wolf was out and a bunch of guys were hurt. But you spit the bit. Both team at full strength and PC loses big.

Uconn was fully healthy in January and needed OT to beat a depleted PC squad. Wasn't like the guys missing were difference makers(excluding Calhoun)

Reaction Score
Anyone think having Brimah already committed hurts our chances with Chukwu? 1 year difference

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
As much as we all like to rip PC it was pretty impressive that they coughed up $2,000,000 for Cooley. I can see him staying around for quite a while. Who the hell else would pay him that much?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
As much as we all like to rip PC it was pretty impressive that they coughed up $2,000,000 for Cooley. I can see him staying around for quite a while. Who the hell else would pay him that much?

we won't even spend that on a football coach....

Reaction Score

possibly, but if he has say 4-5 really good seasons in a row and a couple deep tournament runs, than big time programs will really come knocking at the door. If for example, Michigan State offered him more money than providence could match when Izzo retires and he declined it to stay at providence, than that would be an enormous statement of loyalty. He would probably be the only coach in college basketball coaching a school comparable to providence that would turn the money and opportunity down. If he does turn down opportunities like that and stays at providence for 20+ years, than good for him and providence college.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score

You come behind enemy lines and don't post like a . I respect that. Hope Cooley is successful; it would be nice to keep this regional rivalry going, and as we saw with BCU, it's not easy to do when one side is consistently much better than the other.

Reaction Score
There is no value for the same reason UNC and Dook do not want us on their schedule- if they win it helps but if they lose it hurts them- AND they know we play them (at least Dook) tough.

Reaction Score
You know guys, let's be honest we may hate PC but these guys FriarJ and sean are reasonable......this isn't a discussion with an Orange fan have to give them a little credit. Not a lot because they still hold to their PC stubbornness but then again they should - we do too!!

Cooley's the best in a while.....hope you keep him.....different league, may even root for one of the NE teams at some point after feeling sorry for them!!

Reaction Score
I have accepted it; but I don't like it. I have clients in ct and we love going to the games and talking trash on the company dime. I have to adopt the Gators this year. It's not the same!

Reaction Score
Uconn was fully healthy in January and needed OT to beat a depleted PC squad. Wasn't like the guys missing were difference makers(excluding Calhoun)
PC' squad wasn't that depleated in Jan. In the 2nd game Wolf, Olender & Calhoun were out. All starters. Giffey the 6th man also out. When 4 of the top 6 miss a game, and that team wins it's a very impressive accomplishment. Plus Bazz was at 50%. We beat you at 50% strength. That can't be overlooked.
Everyone else stepped up.

Reaction Score
Yonnick,
Please! Council played on one leg. Dunn had been back for 3 games and cotton was coming off injury. Bazz was slightly better than 50 percent; and last time I checked he didn't have off season surgery; cotton did. The guys that were out for Uconn amounted to squat. Calhoun mattered; there wasn't significant downgrades.

caw

Reaction Score
Yonnick,
Please! Council played on one leg. Dunn had been back for 3 games and cotton was coming off injury. Bazz was slightly better than 50 percent; and last time I checked he didn't have off season surgery; cotton did. The guys that were out for Uconn amounted to squat. Calhoun mattered; there wasn't significant downgrades.

Sean:

UConn went from:
Calhoun -> Evans = big downgrade in terms of talent
Giffey -> Tolksdorf = big downgrade in terms of experience and probably talent
Wolf/Olander -> Nolan = downgrade in terms of experience (juniors versus freshman) not to mention depth (you know with two > one) if not talent (arguable)

1. Giffey was a huge lose with Calhoun out and would have been a big loss even with Calhoun healthy. Giffey would have started in place of RJ Evans (42 minutes). Giffey may not put up huge stats but he is a fantastic glue guy and a good defender.
  2. UConn had 10 scholarship players last year
  3. The starters went: Napier, Boatright, Calhoun, Daniels, Olander
  4. The bench (in order) went: Giffey, Wolf, Evans, Nolan, Tolksdorf
  5. With those four out, the team had 6 scholarship players
  6. Tolksdorf played 81 minutes all year, 15 against PC
  7. Nolan played 250 minutes on the year, 34 against PC
  8. Even if Nolan wasn't a significant downgrade from Olander (which I agree, based on talent), he was a freshman playing the most minutes of his career against PC, which had (paraphrasing PC fan) one of the best big men in the conference.
  9. Napier has been in a boot for months and is just now being cleared to practice, he was clearly not 100%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom