OT - US Open | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT - US Open

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It's a public course.
Yeah thanks, I just watched a Golf Channel presentation on the course. Very fascinating history (i.g. 100 acres, no carts, mostly sand, former gravel pit, etc.) and its a short one too. I would bet after this weekend it will become 'very' public.

UConn4ever

Devil Dog
Reaction Score
That's a fun one. Has anyone done Draft Kings before? I see they have a big US Open Contest going on.
I'm in a DK one we're still looking for players if u wanna get in on it

Reaction Score

You think very long rounds? Someone winning who is a little seasoned? Older and with patience?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I read somewhere that the tee boxes are not level...that seems evil.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
What - nobody has Tiger? I really want to be bold and say Tiger wins, but I just can't. Sticking with Rory - best player in the world on what is essentially an English course.

Reaction Score
I will always root for Tiger, but I'm not going to put money on it until he proves himself again.

Reaction Score
Would love to see Tiger win but he can't hit it straight off the tee and it's almost 7900 yards. Hard fairway or not he can't hit a stinger all day there too long.

Having said that hope an American can hang in there, could be a place for a DJ or Koepka or even Ricky as he's added length. Have to go with Euro W though their kid of venue and they've been doing it to us for a while consistently.

Justin Rose

Reaction Score
I got into a pool at Elmcrest CC. It's set up where you pick one player from each of four groups. Everyone and their brother was picking Spieth, Rory, and Phil. I went a little outside the box with Justin Rose, Jason Day, G-Mac, and Kevin Na.
Day and G-Mac have not been playing their best golf lately, but from the looks of this course, anything can happen.

Reaction Score
My picks for my contest:

Fowler, Mickelson, Angel Cabrera, Snedeker, Horschel, and Glover

Reaction Score
I do a pool with my friends in which you have to select 3 golfers from the top 20 world rankings and then 3 from the rest of the field. My picks are:

Rickie Fowler
Justin Rose
Dustin Johnson

Brandt Snedeker
Zach Johnson
Francesco Molinari
Love these picks.

Fowler, DJ, Hideki and Brandt are mine. Dark horses are Ryan Moore and Byeong-Hun An.

Course is beautiful, just hope it is not gimmicky and the USGA didnt overthink it.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
The narrative on Sunday afternoon will be the player/caddy team that has the most amount of trust between them. The winner will be a "cerebral" golfer. None of them have enough rounds on the course to know all the nooks and crannies and awkward positions. The player who can figure out the course the fastest has a leg up. Players and caddies are going to have trust numbers and work as a team.

I don't know which player/caddy combos are considered the best teams, but if I had that type of information, I'd be dumping my money on a few of them.

Reaction Score
Fox getting the US Open sucks, the coverage has been awful. Never thought I would miss Johnny Miller, but I do.

I have seen like 3 or 4 occasions where the graphic said it was the player's wrong number of shots.

Reaction Score
It's time for Tiger to either find a new swing coach or put away the golf clubs for good. He has totally lost his game, like David Duval.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Tiger's drop in on course performance is most likely the greatest drop off in sports' history. Maybe, and this is a bit before my time, Willie Mays playing for the Mets or Ali's fight against Larry Holmes are the only two comparisons that are even close.

Tiger has gone from being one of the top two golfers of all time to a player who isn't even close to making cuts. His physical ailments and personal life isn't unique compared to other athletes. Other greats have overcome them and returned to a respectable level before dropping off but Tiger is completely gone. Pretty soon he's going to become Eldrick Woods again.

Reaction Score
Tiger looked to be under control with his swing on the practice tee when he was hitting long irons and driver. He can't bring it to the course now - mentally he is a broken man, it's beyond comprehension. The best ever to a guy who's only hope of even getting close to par is 9-10 great par saves a round. He is never in play and even off the first tee when he was his swing with his 6 iron got caught back and he jabbed it in the ground, nothing like I have ever seen (except with myself of course).

Joe Buck was totally ridiculous on how much he concentrated on it though he was awful quite honestly. Almost as if he really despised him and was very happy to see the demise. Not at all a fan of Buck anyway but he's not Nantz or any of the regulars when it comes to golf. Norman was ok, Pavin - eh. Rather listen to Chamblee, Duval and that team on GC.

Reaction Score
I don't know what was more embarrasing ,the fox golf telecast or the bumpy greens. I thought the trains going by the course and scenery were pretty cool, though. There should be higher scores and more train wrecks, today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom