Status
Not open for further replies.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
The USGA should be ashamed for
granting Fox the television rights.

Amature hour.

Oh you had audio of a ball going in the cup on tape from 90 seconds ago - congrats.
Its not that bad..

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
As if Fox wasn't horrible enough all tourney they completely ignored the guy who ended up tied for the lead on an all time back 9.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
It's nice to see a US Open where players have a chance to make shots to win it. This has been very compelling golf for the past three hours. Fox's rating are gonna be huge.

Reaction Score
This is no easy 2 putt. Miss and he could have 4 feet coming back.

Reaction Score
Still, a chance to win the US Open with a very makeable putt and he winds up 3 putting. Would almost be like missing two ft's to win the title.

Reaction Score
DJ choked again in a major. He should of hit the eagle putt on the toe of the putter and try to let the ball die in the hole. Maybe he should try another putter next tournament, great win by Speith ,with a clutch second shot on 18.

Reaction Score
What a great 4th round.
Kudos to Speith - that dude is a cold blooded killer. His 2nd on 18 is one of the greatest clutch shots I have ever seen. His put on 16 was also hugely clutch. Guy has got "it," and stands to be one of the greatest of all time. You just can't teach/learn this kind of clutch. Really looking forward to the next major.
Hey. Every Gallant needs a Goofus. Poor DJ - that dude just earned the "Greg Norman" award for choking the crap out of his tourni. Reinforced the notion that you drive for show and putt for dough.
Love the way P. Gretzky was playing with her shirt, obviously wondering if she was showing too much , as her mind-blown choker husband was taking a walk of shame not even surpassed by Cersie's recent nude jaunt.
Great run by Louis - phenomenal. Was hoping he'd get into a playoff.
Really was intrigued by the Fox coverage. There was a lot of crap, sure, and they had way too much focus on only a few guys when there was 12 to play, but overall, I like the different feel. Much better than the same-ol boring crap you usually see. Worst no call was when Spieth hit the put on 16. That was huge, and not one announcer immediately said anything reflecting how huge it was.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Day missed from almost the same distance two minutes earlier. That green must be brutal. Poa Anna strikes again.
Then again, I've never seen as many pinball greens as this week.
Anyway, DJ didn't seem too broken up about it. He still gets a big check. And more notoriety as the #1 TBPTNWAM.

Reaction Score
Would almost be like missing two ft's to win the title.
No. Guy is 169th on the tour from inside of 6'. He's 126th from inside of 5 feet and 76th from 10 to 15 feet.
Would be like a 60% free throw shooter missing two - not likely, but not lotto level. The guy has a track record of not finishing. He's not a good putter. This had "definitely will miss the 1st" and "might miss the second" written all over it. You gotta figure on the 1st putt that he was just trying to leave himself a can't-miss on the 2nd. Classic.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The ball just wasn't rolling like a golf ball on the shorter putts - happened to Spieth on 17.

I do feel bad for Johnson.

There is nothing worse than being alone with your thoughts flying back to the mansion on the G5.

You probably don't even realize that you're using the $1,000,000 second-place check as a coaster.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Day missed from almost the same distance two minutes earlier. That green must be brutal. Poa Anna strikes again.
Then again, I've never seen as many pinball greens as this week.
Anyway, DJ didn't seem too broken up about it. He still gets a big check. And more notoriety as the #1 TBPTNWAM.

Pinball greens? Wait til next year when it's at Oakmont. They will be impeccably manicured and as fast and slick as you can imagine. Players will be begging for greens as forgiving and manageable as they had this week.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
With the number of putts he missed having a chance to win was incredible.

In case you were wondering if the USGA likes Speith... his mild complaints gave him what he wanted on 18.

Reaction Score
There is nothing worse than being alone with your thoughts flying back to the mansion on the G5.
You probably don't even realize that you're using the $1,000,000 second-place check as a coaster.
This guy has 28 million in career earnings. Plus endorsements, which likely double that number, if not more. He could give a flying duck about million dollar coasters. He wants a major, and I'd guess he'd exchange most of career earnings to date to get one.
Of course, to us Pleibs, a million for second place, or whatever, sounds like a good deal. When I got up and brushed the Dorito crumbs off of my beer belly it sounded pretty good to me, except I'm about 27 million short of his career earnings total, and the only endorsement I have is when the neighbor lady yells at me to "put on some clothes - any clothes."

Reaction Score
Janet Gretsky is a pretty fair looking mother in law except for the wrinkles.

Reaction Score
Paulina.jpg
He's got Paulina but something tells me he'll always have to worry about what she's doing on the slide.

Reaction Score
He's got Paulina but something tells me he'll always have to worry about what she's doing on the slide.
Did you mean "who"?
On a serious note, some of the sexiest, raciest, more overtly sexual women I have ever met were also the most true, once committed.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
In case you were wondering if the USGA likes Speith... his mild complaints gave him what he wanted on 18.
What does this mean? Did he complain about hole placement or something?
Far as I can tell, Speith is nowhere near as marketable as McIlroy, who is fun to watch and has a ton of personality. Jason Day and a couple other players are also very marketable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom