OT - NBA off-season thread | Page 9 | The Boneyard

OT - NBA off-season thread

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I shouldn't have said he was overrated without knowing how people actually subjectively rated him. Damn good player. Probably somewhere in mid 20's to late 20's overall.

A more interesting metric (to me), is where does he rank league-wide among small forwards?

1st Tier:

1. LeBron James
1a. Kevin Durant
2. Kawhi Leonard

2nd Tier:
Paul George; Carmelo Anthony; Gordon Hayward; Giannis Antetokounmpo

I don't watch enough NBA league wide to rank appropriately

Reaction Score
A more interesting metric (to me), is where does he rank league-wide among small forwards?

1st Tier:

1. LeBron James
1a. Kevin Durant
2. Kawhi Leonard

2nd Tier:

If argue Giannis is ready to be tier 1. Maybe tier 1a.

Hes certainly on another level from hayward.

Reaction Score
If being able to take what you dish is admirable, then sure, he is quite admirable. Step into the Cesspool for one minute and you will feel comfortable calling him any name under the sun.
There are reasons I don't go over there....

Reaction Score
Freak can't shoot yet

Supposedly he is working incessantly with Dirk's shooting coach in the offseason

I think when we did the redraft the whole league now we had Freak #1 and maybe Jokic #2 or Kawahi

If argue Giannis is ready to be tier 1. Maybe tier 1a.

Hes certainly on another level from hayward.

Reaction Score
Bro, never said terrible

EAST 1-4 are better teams after GSW

Rudy is a terrible loser, hasn't won anywhere at any level, like him, but a dude that has only cared about $$ and never winning

But a nice life, made a bunch of $$

Rudy Gay to the Spurs. Too bad they are going to be terrible this year @JSM1970

Reaction Score
Gay to my favorite team in the league. This makes me so GD happy. Provided he is healthy and they match on Simmons, which all signs point to, SAS has a helluva lot of wing depth between Kawhi, the reanimated corpse of Ginobli the two aforementioned, and Green. Looking at this roster construction, it doesn't make a ton of sense but talent is talent and in Pop we trust.

Reaction Score
Gay to my favorite team in the league. This makes me so GD happy. Provided he is healthy and they match on Simmons, which all signs point to, SAS has a helluva lot of wing depth between Kawhi, the reanimated corpse of Ginobli the two aforementioned, and Green. Looking at this roster construction, it doesn't make a ton of sense but talent is talent and in Pop we trust.
Love this for Rudy.

Reaction Score

1st Tier:

1. LeBron James
1a. Kevin Durant
2. Kawhi Leonard

2nd Tier:

This seems right. I would have Giannis and George in a tier slightly above Hayward and solidly behind the top 3. I have no idea how to rate Melo nowadays. People actually think he sucks but he is still incredibly skilled and his game is not reliant on his (decreasing) athleticism. I really, really want to see him on the Cavs.

Reaction Score
So stoked on Rudy Gay to SAS. My favorite move of free agency thus far.

When was the last time there was a Husky playing big minutes on a legit contender? Ray Allen and the Heat?

Huge jump for Rudy from the Kings. Well worth the pay cut.

Reaction Score
Not sure if it was mentioned but there goes Olynyk to Miami for 4 years 50 mil

Reaction Score
Not sure if it was mentioned but there goes Olynyk to Miami for 4 years 50 mil

I like the fit - not really sure about the price value for a guy who will play low 20 MPG. MIA player development is on a different level, esp. seeing what they did to Waiters and Johnson's bodies and games. No doubt he will be in the shape of his life. Really interested in seeing how MIA comes out the gates next year - they ended the season on a 30-11 run, or something like that, once the roster was fully healthy.

Reaction Score
I like the fit - not really sure about the price value for a guy who will play low 20 MPG. MIA player development is on a different level, esp. seeing what they did to Waiters and Johnson's bodies and games. No doubt he will be in the shape of his life. Really interested in seeing how MIA comes out the gates next year - they ended the season on a 30-11 run, or something like that, once the roster was fully healthy.
I just think of Boston's now glaring lack of big bodies. I think I saw Chris Brousard share a rumor that Marc Gasol may be headed there in the near future but Tatum clearly isn't ready to bang with NBA bigs.

Reaction Score
I just think of Boston's now glaring lack of big bodies. I think I saw Chris Brousard share a rumor that Marc Gasol may be headed there in the near future but Tatum clearly isn't ready to bang with NBA bigs.

Never heard that rumor but yea, it does seem to be out there on twitter quite a bit. What do you think? That would be a damn beautiful offense IMO but IDK about the defensive matchups versus the elite of the elite...Tatum has looked awesome in the summer league, but you are right - no chance in the post on D quite yet.

Reaction Score
The fact that Bradley is being floated in a Hayward sign-and-trade is crazy to me. And Crowder's not a guy I'd be in a hurry to get rid of either.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
SAS just picked up a great chess piece with Rudy Gay. He has the size to matchup with KD and Draymond defensively. Can come off the bench for Kawahi or play the stretch 4. Gives the Spurs more depth and versatility.
Note: Rudy Gay and Draymond are the same size. At 6'7 230 with a 7' wingspan (Dray) and 6'8 220 with a 7' wingspan. (Rudy)

BOS is in a situation where they can either win a championship or stay a middling team if they don't play their cards right. Philly had a SCARY core and I don't think they'll get the horses to get past Lebron while he's in his prime. They do have the cards to be set for years to come if played right. Hayward is going to be a big piece to that. Great signing for the future. They should really consider trading IT and get his value for him while he's hot. Keep Avery Bradley as he can be an AMAZING 6th man as a guy who could lock up both guard spots and be a threat offensively. Crowder, Smart, IT, Horford, Brown, and all the picks (except BKN) should be on the chopping block if it means bringing in an elite talent. STILL think they should target Jahlil Okafor as the Sixers should be looking to dump him.

GSW
SAS
OKC
HOU
MINN
POR
DEN
LAL

is how I see the West shaping up so far. OKC is having an amazing offseason and I think CP3/Harden will work better than people think. West is DEEP.

Reaction Score
Never heard that rumor but yea, it does seem to be out there on twitter quite a bit. What do you think? That would be a damn beautiful offense IMO but IDK about the defensive matchups versus the elite of the elite...Tatum has looked awesome in the summer league, but you are right - no chance in the post on D quite yet.
Gasol has been in Memphis since high school and he's got a real bond with Mike Conley who is still getting better and among the top PGs in the league. Memphis is clearly re-tooling, but they have to keep those 2 otherwise they shift to rebuilding and its not the type of market that can withstand that. Back in the day Calipari's teams outdrew the Grizz.

Zizic doesn't look NBA ready, so Celtics are really in a pickle for big guys. Crowder is valuable for LeBron guarding and his contract, but Crowder is the obvious piece to move (agree don't trade Bradley & would prefer they don't trade Smart who is less valuable playing-wise, yet more entertaining than Crowder). So they need to move Crowder for a rebounding C/PF that can protect the rim - basically they need a non-calcified Amir Johnson.
Is Emeka still available?

Reaction Score
Avery Bradley to the Pistons for Marcus Morris.

Morris is a good player, but he doesn't really rebound (4.6 rpg). Also C's just traded their best defender and now are thin in the back court unless they plan on using Hayward at the 2.

Not sure I love this move. But they got a good player back and we knew they couldn't re-sign AB. Sad to see him go. Really like his game.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Avery Bradley to the Pistons for Marcus Morris.

Morris is a good player, but he doesn't really rebound (4.6 rpg). Also C's just traded their best defender and now are thin in the back court unless they plan on using Hayward at the 2.

Not sure I love this move. But they got a good player back and we knew they couldn't re-sign AB. Sad to see him go. Really like his game.

It's a stupid move. I'm pissed. Freakin Ainge sometimes overthinks things. Get rid of Smart. Bradley >> Smart. Just stupid.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom