OT....AROD to be banned from baseball. | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT....AROD to be banned from baseball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
What about all the players he beaned? Roid rage perhaps?

Pitched inside. He was also a nasty bugger. If he had anything, it was little man's syndrome. I don't rule out HGH of course.

Basically, if he was taking roids, he was somehow missing the injection point with the needle, because nothing was getting into his system. Again, no physical manifestations, which for Anabolic Steroids, are almost a guarantee.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I'm sure that has nothing to do with the Mitchell report being done by someone on the Red Sox board of directors...or that the dealer was from the New York area...all coincidence I'm sure. It's amazing that Big Sloppy is almost never linked to PEDs either and that the story about Rem Dog's kid getting busted near Fenway with a boatload of steroids was never blasted all over the headlines...

Papi was linked. He was supposedly on the list. Did you miss that whole bruhaha?

And it'd probably have more to do with Brian McNamee than anything. Clemens likely performed a whole lot of introductions during his tenure.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
More than Millar, Damon, Varitek, Papi, Youk??? You can't honestly believe there weren't as many on those Sox teams can you? That's funny.........

Um, anyone who's not a yankee fan (and exclude Sox fans if you must) will tell you that the Yanks are baseballs version of the 70s Steelers. Even the batboys were juicing. Wouldn't be surprised if 'ol Georgey was running around the clubhouse shooting Anabolics into guy's asses. chuckle....

Reaction Score
I'm sure that has nothing to do with the Mitchell report being done by someone on the Red Sox board of directors...or that the dealer was from the New York area...all coincidence I'm sure. It's amazing that Big Sloppy is almost never linked to PEDs either and that the story about Rem Dog's kid getting busted near Fenway with a boatload of steroids was never blasted all over the headlines...
Papi's bat 2 years ago was slower than molasses, in the meantime he ROID destroyed a dugout phone recently, but he's getting better with age as many Dominicans do. Arod is dirty and must go but there are probably a boatload more who are skating right now.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Papi's bat 2 years ago was slower than molasses, in the meantime he ROID destroyed a dugout phone recently, but he's getting better with age as many Dominicans do. Arod is dirty and must go but there are probably a boatload more who are skating right now.

He was also injured and recovering from injury (wrist and knee), but that probably didn't slow his bat any.

Probably took PEDs back in the day. No idea now. Whatever they can get away with. He does 'play' DH, and you can go into your 40s from that spot.

These guys are defo PED users IMO:

(I'd put the most money on these guys using)
Albert Pujols
Jose Batista
Mike Trout

(next up)
Miguel Cabrera
Votto
Davis
Harper

It's my opinion that the younger guys are most likely doing it. They come up these days seeing that is what you have to do to be great. High schoolers all over the shop are taking everything they can get.

Reaction Score
Um, anyone who's not a yankee fan (and exclude Sox fans if you must) will tell you that the Yanks are baseballs version of the 70s Steelers. Even the batboys were juicing. Wouldn't be surprised if 'ol Georgey was running around the clubhouse shooting Anabolics into guy's asses. chuckle....

Can you name more than the Sox probably had in 04 and 07?? I mean yeah the Yanks had their share, but not more than those crazy Sox teams who won!

Reaction Score
He was also injured and recovering from injury (wrist and knee), but that probably didn't slow his bat any.

Probably took PEDs back in the day. No idea now. Whatever they can get away with. He does 'play' DH, and you can go into your 40s from that spot.

These guys are defo PED users IMO:

(I'd put the most money on these guys using)
Albert Pujols
Jose Batista
Mike Trout

(next up)
Miguel Cabrera
Votto
Davis
Harper

It's my opinion that the younger guys are most likely doing it. They come up these days seeing that is what you have to do to be great. High schoolers all over the shop are taking everything they can get.

I mean seriously I agree with everything you say and I get you want to protect Papi but he could be the biggest fraud of all of them. Only way he keeps his job is to hit, keep his bat speed as he doesn't own a glove. And as mentioned above his bat speed was GONE, history. He was fine, healthy 2 years in a row he suddenly found it again at 35, 36 despite not being able to catch up to an 88MPH fastball.........you have to be a Sox fan to say he's clean, really!!

Reaction Score
I mean seriously I agree with everything you say and I get you want to protect Papi but he could be the biggest fraud of all of them. Only way he keeps his job is to hit, keep his bat speed as he doesn't own a glove. And as mentioned above his bat speed was GONE, history. He was fine, healthy 2 years in a row he suddenly found it again at 35, 36 despite not being able to catch up to an 88MPH fastball.........you have to be a Sox fan to say he's clean, really!!

He had some corrective vision surgery a couple years ago and really started coming around after that. IDK

intlzncster

Reaction Score

Not protecting Papi. He made his own bed when he showed up on the list. Never said he was clean. But, he was not remotely fine. To say his bat speed was a result of not doping, then going back on the dope again? Do you get how ridiculous that sounds? Honestly, that sounds stupid to me. If he wasn't getting caught with harder testing, why would he have bother coming off in the first place?

Also, you might as well draw that out to everyone. When T Brady came back from getting his knee demolished, he wasn't the same the next year. Peyton with his neck too. But then they must have doped cause they were as good as new the following year.

Papi had wrist surgery. For a hitter, that's worse than an ACL. Equivalent to Tommy John. Two year grace period is pretty normal. Add to that the knee and foot issues, and I'm surprised he could even face a major league pitcher. His stats dropped in 08-09 and then went back to normal.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Am I the only one who thinks PEDs should not only be legal but encouraged? If I'm kicking in my dollars by buying things or going to games to pay these guys millions per year, I want them to be as big, strong and fast as possible. I want to see tanks smashing each other on the O line. I want to see baseballs regularly flying 500 feet. I want to see backboards getting smashed. I want to see guys reaching a 600 yard par 5 with a drive and a nine iron. I don't care how small their nards get. I just want to get the most for my advertising dollar. What's next - banning vitamins because they give a competitive advantage? Let em juice I say.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Am I the only one who thinks PEDs should not only be legal but encouraged? If I'm kicking in my dollars by buying things or going to games to pay these guys millions per year, I want them to be as big, strong and fast as possible. I want to see tanks smashing each other on the O line. I want to see baseballs regularly flying 500 feet. I want to see backboards getting smashed. I want to see guys reaching a 600 yard par 5 with a drive and a nine iron. I don't care how small their nards get. I just want to get the most for my advertising dollar. What's next - banning vitamins because they give a competitive advantage? Let em juice I say.

Nope, there's a couple of us on this thread. Buried somewhere in there. Adds to the entertainment value (see '98), also, eliminates any 'unfair' advantage.

Reaction Score

Isnt driving performance enhancing so we can cheat and not have to walk or bike across town.

Reaction Score
If that is what you want, just buy a video game.

Reaction Score
Not protecting Papi. He made his own bed when he showed up on the list. Never said he was clean.

Just to be clear here, the fact that he purportedly showed up on the infamous "list" of players who supposedly tested positive for some unidentified substance back in 2003 hardly demonstrates that Ortiz was juicing. First of all, the number of guys who were supposedly on this list far exceeded the number of positive specimens. The list is sealed so no one on it has ever been told what they supposedly tested positive for. Also, MLB has admitted that any number of over the counter supplements you can buy at GNC could have triggered a positive result back in 2003, so this is not necessarily even steroids we're talking about. And that doesn't even get into all the questions that came up in '09 when this story broke about the integrity of the testing facility, their interpretation of the data, and their handling of it.

As far as Ortiz goes, it's a far cry from Canseco and McGuire jabbing each other in the ass (with needles).

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Just to be clear here, the fact that he purportedly showed up on the infamous "list" of players who supposedly tested positive for some unidentified substance back in 2003 hardly demonstrates that Ortiz was juicing. First of all, the number of guys who were supposedly on this list far exceeded the number of positive specimens. The list is sealed so no one on it has ever been told what they supposedly tested positive for. Also, MLB has admitted that any number of over the counter supplements you can buy at GNC could have triggered a positive result back in 2003, so this is not necessarily even steroids we're talking about. And that doesn't even get into all the questions that came up in '09 when this story broke about the integrity of the testing facility, their interpretation of the data, and their handling of it.
As far as Ortiz goes, it's a far cry from Canseco and McGuire jabbing each other in the ass (with needles).

All very true, but it's pretty damn hard to get Yankees fans to swallow any of that stuff mid argument, facts not withstanding. Even my injury argument doesn't seem to be swaying any fence sitters.

Reaction Score

And you know this how??

Reaction Score
Wow, some real myopic idiots in this thread. As pointed out, Pedro was a beanpole with skinny little legs. What he accomplished during the steroid era was nothing short of amazing. Saying he was on roids is baseless and irresponsible. And with 20 hrs 70% through the season you guys are convinced Papi is on roids because he's learned to use the whole field better and is hitting .325. I've never accused Paul O'Neill but if a smashed phone implicates Papi, what did the hundreds of Gatorade coolers O'Neill smashed up say about his chances of being clean?

Reaction Score
No baseball player is above suspicion at this point, and I can't blame them with the millions at stake. According to the media, that is why players are so pissed about this stuff. The thing is, I bet at least a few players who are out there telling the media how pissed they are actually using.

I'm a Yankees fan and I cannot argue against the point that they have had a ridiculous amount of players linked to these scandals. Of course we only hear about the isolated scandals that come out and I think it'd be naive to think that for every one guy that gets caught providing all of these players with HGH there are a ton of others out there. The fact that ARod got caught just shows how big of an idiot he is. If I'm ARod and I am getting HGH from a guy, I pay him to be MY HGH guy and no one else's.

Regarding his contract potentially coming off of the Yanks books, of course that provision was designed for smaller market teams to get relief from the contracts they signed based upon a palyers performance while he was using. The yankees would certainly be lucky if that happens but you can't cherrypick which ones should and shouldn't count against the cap once the player is suspended. If he is banned for life then its a moot point. If he's banned under the collective bargaining agreement then the rules say it comes off the books. The Yanks have paid a ton of money to him, and to a lot of other teams, as a result of that horrendous contract and gotten very little back.

Reaction Score
Wow, some real myopic idiots in this thread. As pointed out, Pedro was a beanpole with skinny little legs. What he accomplished during the steroid era was nothing short of amazing. Saying he was on roids is baseless and irresponsible. And with 20 hrs 70% through the season you guys are convinced Papi is on roids because he's learned to use the whole field better and is hitting .325. I've never accused Paul O'Neill but if a smashed phone implicates Papi, what did the hundreds of Gatorade coolers O'Neill smashed up say about his chances of being clean?

Yeah okay.........myopic my a**........you're ignorant. I'm a Yankee fan, Paul ONeill is a potential candidate I agree. Cano is more than likely "doing something" as the word goes around. Papi smashing a phone is not why it's the rebirth of lost bat speed. Screw the "wrist injury" the guy couldn't catch up to anything a few years back and then magically he's better than ever! Opposite field hitting was always pretty good for Papi so don't throw that out there.........I'm guessing you also are naive enough to think Chris Davis's jaw was always that square and he is suddenly Barry Bonds because he works out so hard? And everyone always knew Encarnacion was always worthy of Roger Maris numbers?

By the way on Pedro, I doubt it although he and Papi were pretty tight in 2003, but let's not talk about wiry and this stuff. Palmiero never got any bigger and quite honestly Braun never looked like a candidate all that much either. But maybe you also believe that the FedEx guy tainted the package????:eek:

Reaction Score
on AROD - heard he can make millions on a book - multi, more than coming back.

If I were him I would take care of baseball right now - write that book, tell them how guys mask the , tell them who he knows was part of the scam which has ruined baseball and let's get back to SS's who hit .235 but are slick fielders. Power hitters hammering out 28-35 HR's a year with 100-110 RBI and good hitters finding gaps instead of hitting off the end of the bat 440 feet...........

ARod could do baseball justice right now!

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
More than coming back? A-Rod is gonna make $100+ million on a book?

Reaction Score
More than coming back? A-Rod is gonna make $100+ million on a book?

He's been offered "multi-millions" whatever that may be........he is now in danger of losing this if the Yanks pursue, certainly not all but much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom