OT....AROD to be banned from baseball. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT....AROD to be banned from baseball.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
They didn't have to give him the contract now did they. Canseco told everyone arod was dirty.aroid was clutch during their last WS. Now instead of being handcuffed by that horrible signing they get a reprieve from mlb. Poor yankees.

Yeah, because it's always a good idea to negotiate based on tidbits from Jose Canseco. Nobody had any idea A-Rod was dirty when he signed the contract, and to pretend otherwise is abusing the power of hindsight.

Reaction Score
Right..... everyone thought arid and others were clean. Dude was blasting 50 hr seasons like he was playing against little leaguers. Thankfully arid camp is talking settlement now. 100 games sounds about right. I wanna see this contract hamper future free agent signings by the Yankees.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
I'm and have never been an A-Rod fan.
If he is suspended for conduct detrimental to a baseball player it strikes me a the Joe Jackson solution.
We need to sacrifice someone to appease the baseball critics.
It just happens to save a key baseball club millions of dollars in salary. It doesn't hurt that he really has no base of support. It also doesn't hurt that he is well past his prime. Sounds like a win - win.
Baseball and the baseball union will thump their chests but if they are looking for a villain in this sorry history they should look no farther then their own mirrors. Teams encouraged this behavior and the union protected the players either outright or by rewarding the users.
Because A-Rod is scared right now it will end with some sort of monetary settlement. That's to bad as possibly through legal action this whole charade coulfd have been exposed.
My guess is we will never know the true extent. Knowing some
baseball people It was a probably and still is epidemic.

u

Reaction Score
Yeah, because it's always a good idea to negotiate based on tidbits from Jose Canseco. Nobody had any idea A-Rod was dirty when he signed the contract, and to pretend otherwise is abusing the power of hindsight.
Pretty sure a lot of people knew A-Rod was juicing back then, the guy had serious gyno and his nickname in the locker room was b*tch t*ts.

Reaction Score
Let me rephrase: nobody had any idea A-Rod was dirty more than anyone has any idea that anybody is dirty these days. If you thought he was dirty back in 08 when he signed the deal, you must have though Pujols and every other great player in the game was dirty, too. The bottom line is nobody knew then who was or wasn't using, and nobody knows today. Obviously A-Rod has proven to be a fraud and one of the biggest cheats in the history of the game - that doesn't mean the Yankees should have evaluated his performance to cost ratio any differently than anybody else who was thought of to be clean.

Reaction Score
Pretty sure a lot of people knew A-Rod was juicing back then, the guy had serious gyno and his nickname in the locker room was b*tch t*ts.

Maybe you're right - I was speaking more in terms of executives who are paid to make these decisions. The Yankees obviously would not have given him a ten year deal - including lucrative incentives for home run milestones that they believed to be authentic - if they had any inkling that he was dirty.

Reaction Score
There is a reason why every Yankee fan is praying that ARod gets suspended for life.

We're about to become the first fan base in history to scream that their guy was not punished severely enough...

Now go over to the UConn Dairy Bar and indulge in 2 scoops of Toasted Almond Amaretto ice cream... and dream of a Bazz Napier 3 that wins the Nat. Champ at the buzzer in the longhorn state. ;) haha

Reaction Score
Wish NYC never demolished Polo Grounds. What an iconic stadium that was.
Saw a Met's game there. Must have been '62 or '63? Centerfield was a loooong way from homeplate. No wonder Willie had to make that catch running away.

Reaction Score
Ill be rooting for an arod victory here.
"MLB is apparently hoping that Rodriguez will accept a lengthy suspension that could keep him off the field through at least next season, without the time and trouble of an arbitration hearing."

There is hope!

Reaction Score
Saw a Met's game there. Must have been '62 or '63? Centerfield was a loooong way from homeplate. No wonder Willie had to make that catch running away.
I am very well aware of the long centerfield. Also hosted legendary football games. The appearance of the stadium was so incredibly detailed and unique.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Is it wrong to kind of feel bad for the guy. I mean, mentally, he is a child. I don't think he knows what's about to happen. :(

Reaction Score
I am a Yankees fan, but not a huge A-Rod fan, but this whole banned for life idea is really rubbing me the wrong way. Selig is just being a bully in this whole situation, basically forcing players to take shorter suspensions, so they don't appeal. Probably because MLB knows their evidence is shaky. Really don't like this from Bud.

My limited understanding is that the evidence against A-Rod is far stronger than what they had against Braun, and what's really got MLB amped up is that they've got A-Rod dead to rights on interfering with the investigation, attempting to purchase evidence, etc. You'll note, also, that the players association has been relatively quiet.

But I read in Bloomberg today that Selig annually confirms to the players association, in writing, that he won't invoke the "best interests of baseball" clause, so this lifetime ban stuff could just be a negotiating tactic.

Reaction Score
I'm a faithful baseball fan despite its boring reputation. However, baseball has actually become more boring since they decided to clear PEDs from the game. I always thought the purpose of professional sports at least from a fan's perspective was to entertain. Well, I am not as entertained anymore. We need PEDs back in the game if for no other reason than I enjoy seeing home runs and bloated batting averages.

Reaction Score
Right..... everyone thought arid and others were clean. Dude was blasting 50 hr seasons like he was playing against little leaguers. Thankfully arid camp is talking settlement now. 100 games sounds about right. I wanna see this contract hamper future free agent signings by the Yankees.

Yep you're right, like Chris Davis is, Miguel Cabrera is, Ecarnarcion is, Bautista is, Papi etc etc etc..........how can he be the only one along with Braun? I have no problem suspending his a** but it would be wrong to ban him for life........too much they haven't figured out as of yet happening right under their noses!

Reaction Score
I'm a faithful baseball fan despite its boring reputation. However, baseball has actually become more boring since they decided to clear PEDs from the game. I always thought the purpose of professional sports at least from a fan's perspective was to entertain. Well, I am not as entertained anymore. We need PEDs back in the game if for no other reason than I enjoy seeing home runs and bloated batting averages.
I'm guessing you like the WWF too.

Reaction Score
I'm guessing you like the WWF too.

Not interested in MMA, WWF, boxing or any of that crap. It's just that ARod doing PEDs has no negative impact on my life in any way. Therefore, I have no objection to him or any other idiot putting drugs in their bodies to keep me entertained. It's not like they are doing drugs and piloting a plane/conducting a train.

Reaction Score
"Report: A-Rod willing to deal to avoid lifetime ban"

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score

This is fair. You can void the contract after the fact because you didn't know he was on steroids...as long as you also void the World Series he singlehandedly gave your team.

Reaction Score
Yes, even a ban through 2014 preserves him $60mil + or so vs. $0 for lifetime ban. Yanks are probably trying to push for lifetime to void entire contract.

"Report: A-Rod willing to deal to avoid lifetime ban"

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I am a Yankees fan, but not a huge A-Rod fan, but this whole banned for life idea is really rubbing me the wrong way. Selig is just being a bully in this whole situation, basically forcing players to take shorter suspensions, so they don't appeal. Probably because MLB knows their evidence is shaky. Really don't like this from Bud.
I think he deserves to be banned. Do you think Pete rose should be banned? He never did anything to influence the game like arod

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
We need to sacrifice someone to appease the baseball critics.

Are we talking MLB or the Aztecs? If anyone is to be sacrificed it should be that scumbag Bud Selig. He should resign admitting he has been a total failure and that all this mess happened on his watch and that he is donating his last years salary to charity.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Nobody had any idea A-Rod was dirty when he signed the contract, and to pretend otherwise is abusing the power of hindsight.

The Yanks signed the guy twice knowing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds