OT....AROD to be banned from baseball. | Page 8 | The Boneyard

OT....AROD to be banned from baseball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
There is a case for Ripken but his career largely predates what is considered the steroid era 1994+. So, no.

If Wells had to run ever, then yes but he didn't. He was a big guy, and still didn't throw as hard as Pedro.

Clearly, I will be unable to overcome your Petey man crush. So let's agree to disagree on him specifically and just say that the number of PED users far exceeds those who have been caught.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
There is a case for Ripken but his career largely predates what is considered the steroid era 1994+. So, no.

If Wells had to run ever, then yes but he didn't. He was a big guy, and still didn't throw as hard as Pedro.

Clearly, I will be unable to overcome your Petey man crush. So let's agree to disagree on him specifically and just say that the number of PED users far exceeds those who have been caught.

Haha, Nothing else to jaw about in the offseason.

Well, I think Pedro is the same as everyone else, though I might have slightly less suspicions.

I'd counter the Wells thing with the fact that the pressure he put on his front knee was greater than just about every pitcher of his day not named Colon or Sabbathia.

Agree with last statement.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Outlying performances will be suspect from now until the end of sport. Usain Bolt, anyone?

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
Nope, it has to do with religiously lying through his teeth, acting sanctimonious, and lacking any shred of genuineness whatsoever. Being an overall too.

Nobody gives a duck how he hits.

Red Sox fans still support Schilling and ARod's twice as nice a guy as that !! So I think it's more the clutch hitting......

Reaction Score
This thread mostly shows that most people have no idea how PED's work.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
This thread mostly shows that most people have no idea how PED's work.

PEDs = performance enhancing drugs. there's a whole load of them....that do all sorts of different things.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Red Sox fans still support Schilling and ARod's twice as nice a guy as that !! So I think it's more the clutch hitting......

Most Sox fans think Schilling's a (I like him), but they recognize he delivers when it counts. ARod normally doesn't do that either, one post season notwithstanding.

Reaction Score
I think MLB should take a stand on performance enhancing surgeries.

Reaction Score
Most Sox fans think Schilling's a (I like him), but they recognize he delivers when it counts. ARod normally doesn't do that either, one post season notwithstanding.

I think every player, especially guys whom have been stars, have weaknesses in post season.........The Schill's 2-1 with a 5.82 era in ALCS games isn't all that great.........ARod hitting .263 with 13 HRs and 41 RBI probably not as bad as you would think either...........Bonds was awful in his appearance but how did their respective teams get there?? Because of the overall picture of their year as players and that cannot be thrown out the window!

Schilling never had an ERA of under 3.7/3.8 as a Sox player during the regular season so he obviously wasn't the only factor on them giving him a chance to shine as he did in most post season games..........hell the guy pitched well with ketchup in his sock for crying out loud............ARod had a couple years as a Yankee where his reg season stats were a major factor in them getting in and he didn't live up to his lore when he got there but again, he helped!!!! All on how you look at things........I never liked him, never hated him - more like Roger to me. But he was solid.........and he is getting bamboozled now by Selig and not deservingly!

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I think every player, especially guys whom have been stars, have weaknesses in post season.........The Schill's 2-1 with a 5.82 era in ALCS games isn't all that great.........ARod hitting .263 with 13 HRs and 41 RBI probably not as bad as you would think either...........Bonds was awful in his appearance but how did their respective teams get there?? Because of the overall picture of their year as players and that cannot be thrown out the window!

Schilling never had an ERA of under 3.7/3.8 as a Sox player during the regular season so he obviously wasn't the only factor on them giving him a chance to shine as he did in most post season games..........hell the guy pitched well with ketchup in his sock for crying out loud............ARod had a couple years as a Yankee where his reg season stats were a major factor in them getting in and he didn't live up to his lore when he got there but again, he helped!!!! All on how you look at things........I never liked him, never hated him - more like Roger to me. But he was solid.........and he is getting bamboozled now by Selig and not deservingly!

The performance thing was more a joke than anything (and unfortunately took away from my point too). Schilling's a blowhard, no doubt. But you know who he is. Even people who hate him, admit they know who he is.

Arod's problem is that he's the least sincere athlete we've ever seen. He's repeatedly said he's one thing, and done the opposite over and over again. Selig's basically treating him as the poster child for the juicing (and lying) generation. And Arod has never done anything to dissuade anyone of that notion.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Arod's problem is that he's the least sincere athlete we've ever seen. He's repeatedly said he's one thing, and done the opposite over and over again. Selig's basically treating him as the poster child for the juicing (and lying) generation. And Arod has never done anything to dissuade anyone of that notion.

That's why ARod is doing the right thing by fighting this. Rules are rules, 50 games. Selig should be the poster child for insincerity. When the clubs were raking in the cash that Roids brought, he didn't say a peep. He was complicit. A little heat and he shifts all the blame to the players. He should set a good example and resign, in the best interest of baseball.

Reaction Score
The performance thing was more a joke than anything (and unfortunately took away from my point too). Schilling's a blowhard, no doubt. But you know who he is. Even people who hate him, admit they know who he is.

Schilling is a hypocrite doesn't talk much about the Louis Gonsolez Matt Williams 2001 Az roiders.
That team was a joke almost as bad as the A's.
The same Cub fans who booed ARod cheered Sosa. That's a prime example of typical baseball fans ignorance of the obvious. You have to maintain a certain amount ignorance to believe the game is not rotten.
These teams take 16 year old kids from poor countries into an indentured servitude were they control every aspect of the kids life.
You really have to be naive to not think the teams are encouraging this behavior. 160 lb outfielders have little worth to them.The stakes for a skinny kid in that competative minor league environment are huge. The difference between making 25grand a year to the sky is the limit. The focus has been exclusivily on the players, the teams who got rich, and the game itself do not deserve a pass.
I wonder what the baseball position on ARod would be if he had performed differently in the last 4 years. If parks in AL were filled and the spotlight was constantly on baseball as a result of him
ARods major problem is that he no longer has value. He was always a jerk.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
That's why ARod is doing the right thing by fighting this. Rules are rules, 50 games. Selig should be the poster child for insincerity. When the clubs were raking in the cash that Roids brought, he didn't say a peep. He was complicit. A little heat and he shifts all the blame to the players. He should set a good example and resign, in the best interest of baseball.
I know you'll hate me but JH was good at this as well.:)

Reaction Score
I really don't get all of the Arod hate. For Yankee fans it may have something to do with their Jeter love affair. From a pure baseball standpoint it should have been Jeter moved to 3B not because there is anything wrong with Jeter but Arod was simply a better SS in every way.
Now Selig may be planning to ban Arod for life and that is pure BS. There are plenty of jerks in baseball and plenty of juicers. Sounds like selective punishment to me.

Reaction Score
I really don't get all of the Arod hate. For Yankee fans it may have something to do with their Jeter love affair. From a pure baseball standpoint it should have been Jeter moved to 3B not because there is anything wrong with Jeter but Arod was simply a better SS in every way.
Now Selig may be planning to ban Arod for life and that is pure BS. There are plenty of jerks in baseball and plenty of juicers. Sounds like selective punishment to me.

For the last 4-5 years Jeter looked like Ozzie moving his feet compared to ARod on defense.......ARod lost all of his range early in his Yankee career so you're wrong on this one. So some kid comes along with better range at 2nd and hits .310 for the Sox and you move Pedey to DH? I think not.......not a good point!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom