Non-UConn Recruiting Information | Page 125 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn Recruiting Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I bet UConn's & ND's recruiting budgets are a lot bigger than Kentucky's.

I'm not so sure as UConn is so very selective.....................probably looks at less players then most other programs out there....................Geno's recent European trip was pretty unusual..............

Reaction Score
I'm not so sure as UConn is so very selective......probably looks at less players then most other programs out there.....Geno's recent European trip was pretty unusual....
Not offering a lot isn’t the same as not looking at a lot.

Reaction Score
Not offering a lot isn’t the same as not looking at a lot.

I'm only assuming this but they probably evaluate less players then most teams based on their strict criteria therefore they don't need to travel as much...you see UConn coaches at the USA tryouts and at the major AAU events but they mostly limit individual game visits to only their most important recruits...............................................for instance I've run into Louisville, Maryland and Texas recruiters among others at multiple events in NJ/NY but have only seen UConn coaches (CD) one time...

Last edited:

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
I'm only assuming this but they probably evaluate less players then most teams based on their strict criteria therefore they don't need to travel as much...you see UConn coaches at the USA tryouts and at the major AAU events but they mostly limit individual game visits to only their most important recruits............for instance I've run into Louisville, Maryland and Texas recruiters among others at multiple events in NJ/NY but have only seen UConn coaches (CD) one time...

When I was attending a lot of NJ high school games/AAU tourneys a few years back, I felt the same way about UConn and ND coaches. It was somewhat akin to Where's Waldo (Wally)? :rolleyes:

Interesting this March: while this is a (the?) major home visit month, don't seem to see that many pics posted on twitter and/or instagram.

Reaction Score
When I was attending a lot of NJ high school games/AAU tourneys a few years back, I felt the same way about UConn and ND coaches. It was somewhat akin to Where's Waldo (Wally)? :rolleyes:

Interesting this March: while this is a (the?) major home visit month, don't seem to see that many pics posted on twitter and/or instagram.

I can think of two for UConn so far............

Reaction Score
I have been thinking the same thing. Nothing from Hailey Van Lith, Paige Bueckers, Caitlin Clark, Natalija Marshall, Dalayah Daniels, Sasha Goforth, etc. has been posted. Raoul has reported two for Marshall and then ProspectsNation reported a few. It has been strangely a quiet month of home visits except Andrews, Hayes, Hunt, Gusters and a few others.

Reaction Score
winner winner chicken dinner!!!!....:)
I’m wondering how much of a target Sarah Andrews remains? There was no mention of her when Geno went down to watch Gusters and there was no home visit for Andrews when he went down for Gusters.

Reaction Score
I'm only assuming this but they probably evaluate less players then most teams based on their strict criteria therefore they don't need to travel as much...you see UConn coaches at the USA tryouts and at the major AAU events but they mostly limit individual game visits to only their most important recruits............for instance I've run into Louisville, Maryland and Texas recruiters among others at multiple events in NJ/NY but have only seen UConn coaches (CD) one time...
Maybe stealthy isn’t cheap. Maybe the BY should up our tech prowess and track chartered flights from Bradley and small airports near Storrs & Manchester. Yesterday the Arizona Cardinals attempted a low-key meeting with probable overall #1 draft pick QB Kyler Murray in Norman, OK. But they were outed by fans tracking their chartered flight with an app called FlightAware, which reports takeoffs and landings logged with the FAA. (Cardinals current QB Josh Rosen is not happy)

IWearShoes

Mississippi State
Reaction Score
Didn't know this was going on at BPCC. I live about 15 minutes from Bossier City. Was actually in Shreveport Saturday anyway. Would have loved to have gone to see her play. Apparently Tierra Young from Landry-Walker (LSU commit) also played well. Is this the girl who's mom was the coach at Evangel but moved because her husband got a job in New Orleans?

I believe all of this is correct except she is at Walker HS outside BR, not Landry Walker in NO.

Reaction Score
I’m wondering how much of a target Sarah Andrews remains? There was no mention of her when Geno went down to watch Gusters and there was no home visit for Andrews when he went down for Gusters.

Geno works in mysterious ways but I think you may have answered your own question.................;)

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score
Two other names for Oregon:

Lauren Ware, 6'5" post from Bismarck, ND--currently #38 in Hoopgurlz (which lists her are 6'3")

Awak Kuier, a 6'4" or 6'5" post from Finland, who can dunk (two-handed)

Reaction Score
Two other names for Oregon:

Lauren Ware, 6'5" post from Bismarck, ND--currently #38 in Hoopgurlz (which lists her are 6'3")

Awak Kuier, a 6'4" or 6'5" post from Finland, who can dunk (two-handed)
I think both are names for Oregon State too.

Reaction Score
@Dillon77 @Orangutan Are you guys watching Campbell? She was held to just 3 points in the first half, but has taken on more of a facilitating role for her teammates who have been red hot from 3. I think they lead 27-23.

Picked up a third foul (second offensive). Being hounded by a 5’5” freshman.

Starting to heat up though. Deep 3!

Last edited:

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
@Dillon77 @Orangutan Are you guys watching Campbell? She was held to just 3 points in the first half, but has taken on more of a facilitating role for her teammates who have been red hot from 3. I think they lead 27-23.

Do you have a stream? It looks like the official stream requires a subscription.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I’m from PA. It is on a Pennsylvania Network. She has been terrific in the second half. 10 points in the first 3 minutes.

Ah, that makes sense. Yeah, PCN's website wants $13 for single-day access. No thanks.

Appreciate the updates.

Reaction Score
Ah, that makes sense. Yeah, PCN's website wants $13 for single-day access. No thanks.

Appreciate the updates.
No problem. Her team is putting on an absolute shooting clinic. They can’t miss from 3. She will get her second state title for sure. Just 2 of their 47 points came in the paint. 33 of 47 from behind the arc.

Reaction Score
Alli struggling from the line. Missed 4 in a row to seal it. Doesn’t matter as they will still win.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Alli struggling from the line. Missed 4 in a row to seal it. Doesn’t matter as they will still win.

hey there. Thanks for the update. Like Orangutan, I'll pass on the subscription. This has been Campbell's pattern (or that of teams playing against her): throw a specialized defense against her in the first half to throw AC and B-A off. Then, Bellwood-Antis figures out a way to combat until Campbell comes to life.

I've been lucky to see a few of her AAU games last summer. When she gets going she can stroke it.

Thanks for the updates! Final score?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger