Non-UConn Recruiting Information | Page 105 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn Recruiting Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
They got a lot of height for many, many years to come. I'd definitely say they have virtually no chance at landing Cameron Brink or Dalayah Daniels at this point. Rueck is recruiting all the top guards in 2020.

Reaction Score
They got a lot of height for many, many years to come. I'd definitely say they have virtually no chance at landing Cameron Brink or Dalayah Daniels at this point. Rueck is recruiting all the top guards in 2020.

Well, with regards to Brink and Daniels, I think most OSU fans know this would/will be the case. Got to go with the sure thing. Here is more inside info. She actually committed last weekend on her official.

5* Kennedy Brown commits to Coach Rueck & Beavers' WBB

Reaction Score
Scott Rueck and his coaching staff have taken another step up the program ladder. SOOOO GLAD to be a season ticket holder. OSU has sold more season tickets than ever before. Gill Coliseum will be rockin this year.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Go Beavs! While I'm a little surprised at their sudden upgrade in recruiting, maybe I shouldn't be. The development of Hamblin and Gulich (completely off the radar players to WNBA draft picks) during their 4 years in Corvallis was stunning. Rueck and staff (Katie Baker in particular seems to get a lot of mention with the post players) have done a tremendous job. Good to see some smart highly rated post prospects were paying attention and would like some of that development for themselves.

Also it's interesting to note that the recruitment of Jones and Brown was remarkably similar. Both had previously intended to take more time to make their decision, but their visit to Corvallis went so well the decision was made before they left.

I can understand that some are going to say they are stockpiling too many players at the same position. All I can say is I've seen schools like Baylor, Texas, Duke, Maryland, Louisville, Tennessee etc. stockpile talent. Some of them have done more with that talent than others. I'm excited to see what Rueck does moving forward.

Reaction Score
Kennedy Brown Recruiting Process

- Talks about why she dropped Tennessee, Louisville, and Baylor

- States she will be a “3” at Oregon State

- She had a very active, dynamic recruiting proccess. Took a TON of OVs. Talked to a lot of ex-players and coaches.

Reaction Score
I think the main draw to Oregon St. is the coach. Scott Rueck not only is a very good coach, but he is also very personable. That is an unusual combination a nice guy who can coach. I have talked to a number of parents who's daughters chose Oregon St and to a group they say that Scott was a major reason that they chose that school. Being a good guy and having the girls like you does not always work, but it sure does for him. That is the ideal situation if you can pull it off.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
- She had a very active, dynamic recruiting proccess. Took a TON of OVs. Talked to a lot of ex-players and coaches.
Great choice for her because she will be well coached and she has a ton of skill. She is not going to do well playing the 3 in college she will get eaten alive trying to defend true perimeter players.

Reaction Score
Great choice for her because she will be well coached and she has a ton of skill. She is not going to do well playing the 3 in college she will get eaten alive trying to defend true perimeter players.

I sure hope the coach didn't promise her that position....................that's a recipe for disaster with any player................

Reaction Score
I think the main draw to Oregon St. is the coach. Scott Rueck not only is a very good coach, but he is also very personable. That is an unusual combination a nice guy who can coach. I have talked to a number of parents who's daughters chose Oregon St and to a group they say that Scott was a major reason that they chose that school. Being a good guy and having the girls like you does not always work, but it sure does for him. That is the ideal situation if you can pull it off.
Good program that has evolved from being a solid west coast choice to being Top 10 program. Combining someone players trust with good coaching always wins. Will be interesting to see how they perform the upcoming 3+ years.

Reaction Score
She would definitely need to get her speed up to be able to defend a perimeter player. I do believe that she was never going to see minutes at the 5 with Patricia Morris and Taylor Jones being the 5s. Interesting vision for Scott Rueck and I’m excited to see how it works.

Elsewhere, Tiara Young is a great pickup for LSU. Had a fairly underwhelming top-6 for a 26th ranked prospect, but I think she was ranked in the 100s by Prospects Nation. Not sure if she wasn’t heavily recruited by Louisville, South Carolina, Texas, Baylor, Mississippi St., etc. or if she was looking for immediate playing time. Looks like a nice player and a great one for LSU to keep in-state.

Reaction Score

No doubt this is a great get for OSU, but like Baylor, the concern is always can you run and score high volume against teams like UConn, ND, Louisville and Oregon. Or are you hoping for a poor shooting night and a huge rebound margin to win those games. I dare say it works, but ask Mississppi State if they wouldn't trade some size for more scoring? Might've been the difference in last year's NC game when they were losing that 15 point lead.

Reaction Score
No doubt this is a great get for OSU, but like Baylor, the concern is always can you run and score high volume against teams like UConn, ND, Louisville and Oregon. Or are you hoping for a poor shooting night and a huge rebound margin to win those games. I dare say it works, but ask Mississppi State if they wouldn't trade some size for more scoring? Might've been the difference in last year's NC game when they were losing that 15 point lead.
Year 1 for Kennedy Brown at OSU, she will still be playing with an amazing group of guards at OSU (Pivec, Kat Tudor, Aleah Goodman, Destiny Slocum). No doubt, Beavers next recruiting class (2020) will focus exlusively at the guard position. Year 2 for the 2019-20 class at OSU, Destiny Slocum & Aleah Goodman will be juniors, and Jasmine Simmons a sophomore. Rueck & his coaching staff have been hot on the trail of some talented guards in the 2020 class. I am comforted knowing what will be in place for the next few years at OSU. As is always the case, how you perform each season will have an impact on how many recruits give you a serious look. Here is to a successful 2018-19 season at OSU.

Reaction Score
She would definitely need to get her speed up to be able to defend a perimeter player. I do believe that she was never going to see minutes at the 5 with Patricia Morris and Taylor Jones being the 5s. Interesting vision for Scott Rueck and I’m excited to see how it works.

If a player utilizes proper defensive position and recognizes spacing , height can compensate for speed. The greater the height advantage is for the defender is the farther off the offensive player the can play. It's all a matter of proper defensive technique. Often shorter quicker players have more trouble using speed to compensate for their lack of height at the next level in respect to more technically skilled taller players than visa versa. The shorter player needs to play closer where a skilled offensive player can use their body to protect the ball. It all depends on relative foot speed vs how much height needs to be compensated for.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score

Absolutely she’ll get eaten alive. Stewie struggled defending some wings in college and she’s no Stewie.

Reaction Score
Found this article in my twitter feed. Zia Cooke is announcing this week (Monday i believe). This article sure makes it sound like South Carolina could he her landing spot. Gotta wonder if Rickea Jackson ends up there too. What does any of our South Carolina fans think?

In this top-10 recruit’s dreams, Dawn Staley and USC are ‘just so profound’

The State has been running a series of articles like this on Staley's main remaining targets and they all have made the Gamecocks chances sound really good.

I've been pleasantly surprised that the local paper would be covering WBB recruiting so closely, but it remains to be seen whether these are rosy glasses or an indication of who will be signing.

Fingers crossed in Columbia for a big class. It's definitely needed and would be a nice transition into the up cycle in local talent that is coming soon.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
The State has been running a series of articles like this on Staley's main remaining targets and they all have made the Gamecocks chances sound really good.
I've been pleasantly surprised that the local paper would be covering WBB recruiting so closely, but it remains to be seen whether these are rosy glasses or an indication of who will be signing.

Fingers crossed in Columbia for a big class. It's definitely needed and would be a nice transition into the up cycle in local talent that is coming soon.
Not sure that a Cooke signing moves the needle much for South Carolina. Cooke will join a very crowded PG situation with seniors Cooper and Harris and sophomore Henderson. Cooke, Cooper, Henderson all need the ball in hand to be effective, the former two don't strike me as the most patient folks. If a Cooke signing gets SC closer to signing Jackson though, that wold move the needle ALOT

Reaction Score
Found this article in my twitter feed. Zia Cooke is announcing this week (Monday i believe). This article sure makes it sound like South Carolina could he her landing spot. Gotta wonder if Rickea Jackson ends up there too. What does any of our South Carolina fans think?

In this top-10 recruit’s dreams, Dawn Staley and USC are ‘just so profound’
Zia said on IG she would be revealing her choice next Monday, 11/5. I think chances are good of Zia being a Gamecock - I think she’s already given a silent verbal. Hopefully Rickea will follow.

This writer covers the Gamecocks WBB for the local paper. He also did similar articles with Rickea, Brea Beal, and Amihere and after their visit over the weekend, plans on doing the same with H. Jones and Boston.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom