Non-UConn Recruiting Information | Page 106 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn Recruiting Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not sure that a Cooke signing moves the needle much for South Carolina. Cooke will join a very crowded PG situation with seniors Cooper and Harris and sophomore Henderson. Cooke, Cooper, Henderson all need the ball in hand to be effective, the former two don't strike me as the most patient folks. If a Cooke signing gets SC closer to signing Jackson though, that wold move the needle ALOT

I can think of worse things than having a freshman understudy for two seniors.

Dawn has often played two PG types in the past and I'm not sure Cooper will be back anyway.

But I would agree that Cooke is not my biggest priority of the remaining targets.

Reaction Score
Not sure that a Cooke signing moves the needle much for South Carolina. Cooke will join a very crowded PG situation with seniors Cooper and Harris and sophomore Henderson. Cooke, Cooper, Henderson all need the ball in hand to be effective, the former two don't strike me as the most patient folks. If a Cooke signing gets SC closer to signing Jackson though, that wold move the needle ALOT

You can play Henderson and Cooke at the same time. Watching the U17 game Cooke could play the 2, because she seems more like a scorer to me. Having the top point guard from 2018, and the 2nd ranked point guard for 2019 will be a luxury.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Where is Cooper going?
hmm, I've heard she wants to turn pro after this season. I suppose that option is not entirely up to her.
Plenty of overseas leagues out there. :eek:

Te'a Cooper's birthdate, according to her bio at UT is April 16, 1997. Hence, she'll be 22 during 2019, which enables her to be chosen in the WNBA draft, if she so desires to go pro and if one of those teams opt to choose her. And, as Coco pointed out, there are always overseas leagues. Stay tuned.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Te'a Cooper's birthdate, according to her bio at UT is April 16, 1997. Hence, she'll be 22 during 2019, which enables her to be chosen in the WNBA draft, if she so desires to go pro and if one of those teams opt to choose her. And, as Coco pointed out, there are always overseas leagues. Stay tuned.

I think I'll pass on this one.

Reaction Score
Unbelievable Harris is a senior already. Seemed like last year she was a surprise freshman that showed great promise.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Zia said on IG she would be revealing her choice next Monday, 11/5. I think chances are good of Zia being a Gamecock - I think she’s already given a silent verbal. Hopefully Rickea will follow.

This writer covers the Gamecocks WBB for the local paper. He also did similar articles with Rickea, Brea Beal, and Amihere and after their visit over the weekend, plans on doing the same with H. Jones and Boston.

I always thought SC had a strong chance at her after watching a video of her a couple of years ago on YouTube having a discussion with this boxer I was following name Robert Easterling. They are from the same hometown and they were having lunch and she mentioned the schools she was interested in. She mentioned SC and Uconn . She brought up Dawn Staley name but Easterling did not know who she was. After reading that article I think it will be between SC and Ohio State. She seem to be very close with her family. However I would be shock if she doesn't land at SC.

Reaction Score
I always thought SC had a strong chance at her after watching a video of her a couple of years ago on YouTube having a discussion with this boxer I was following name Robert Easterling. They are from the same hometown and they were having lunch and she mentioned the schools she was interested in. She mentioned SC and Uconn . She brought up Dawn Staley name but Easterling did not know who she was. After reading that article I think it will be between SC and Ohio State. She seem to be very close with her family. However I would be shock if she doesn't land at SC.
I felt the same after reading the article. She’s probably Dawn’s, “Chirp, chirp”. If not her, then it’s likely Beal. A Cooke commit hopefully helps bring in Jackson as well.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
ca
I felt the same after reading the article. She’s probably Dawn’s, “Chirp, chirp”. If not her, then it’s likely Beal. A Cooke commit hopefully helps bring in Jackson as well.

- Based on that article, I see what you mean about Cooke possibly leaning to South Carolina. When I've heard her, she also seems to be the type of person that would like being around Dawn Staley. Plus, Ohio State seems to be picking up a lot of point/combo guards. And Bell's going to have the ball most of the time anyways. S. Carolina.
- One one hand, I could see Beal drawn to schools where she knows the players and coaches (S. Carolina, Louisville), but on the other hand, I think she's very cognizant of her midwest roots. She recognizes what she could mean to the Illinois program, but that challenge might be too onerous. Which is why I still think she goes to Michigan. Still in the midwest, not too far away or not too close and good coach.
- Jackson. Wild card! I think Jackson is drawn to strong people in her life and her closeness to her mother comes though big time in the most recent articles I've read. She'll want mom to see her play...at least every so often. Upset pick: Rutgers, with C. Viv.
(I've got no skin in these decisions, so nothing to lose. No way I comment on the Boston/Jackson decisions. ;):rolleyes:)

Reaction Score
I always thought SC had a strong chance at her after watching a video of her a couple of years ago on YouTube having a discussion with this boxer I was following name Robert Easterling. They are from the same hometown and they were having lunch and she mentioned the schools she was interested in. She mentioned SC and Uconn . She brought up Dawn Staley name but Easterling did not know who she was. After reading that article I think it will be between us and Ohio State. She seem to be very close with her family. However I would be shock if she doesn't land at SC.
ca

- Based on that article, I see what you mean about Cooke possibly leaning to South Carolina. When I've heard her, she also seems to be the type of person that would like being around Dawn Staley. Plus, Ohio State seems to be picking up a lot of point/combo guards. And Bell's going to have the ball most of the time anyways. S. Carolina.
- One one hand, I could see Beal drawn to schools where she knows the players and coaches (S. Carolina, Louisville), but on the other hand, I think she's very cognizant of her midwest roots. She recognizes what she could mean to the Illinois program, but that challenge might be too onerous. Which is why I still think she goes to Michigan. Still in the midwest, not too far away or not too close and good coach.
- Jackson. Wild card! I think Jackson is drawn to strong people in her life and her closeness to her mother comes though big time in the most recent articles I've read. She'll want mom to see her play...at least every so often. Upset pick: Rutgers, with C. Viv.
(I've got no skin in these decisions, so nothing to lose. No way I comment on the Boston/Jackson decisions. ;):rolleyes:)

Rutgers is only about 130 miles closer to Detroit than Columbia, SC. I wonder does Jackson have family in New Jersey since she never officially visited there.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Rutgers is only about 130 miles closer to Detroit than Columbia, SC. I wonder does Jackson have family in New Jersey since she never officially visited there.

The "+" for transportation between Detroit and Rutgers is that there are several direct flights to Newark Airport (1 hour, 40 minutes), which is a pretty close to Rutgers (straight down the Turnpike). I've connected to Detroit several times on my way to South Bend. In addition, Rutgers is also in the B1G, which includes two schools very close to Detroit -- Michigan and Michigan State. So Ms. Jackson's family could see her a few times during the league schedule, at the very least.

No idea on family in NJ. Just a gut call which -- admittedly and probably -- might be totally off.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The "+" for transportation between Detroit and Rutgers is that there are several direct flights to Newark Airport (1 hour, 40 minutes), which is a pretty close to Rutgers (straight down the Turnpike). I've connected to Detroit several times on my way to South Bend. In addition, Rutgers is also in the B1G, which includes two schools very close to Detroit -- Michigan and Michigan State. So Ms. Jackson's family could see her a few times during the league schedule, at the very least.

No idea on family in NJ. Just a gut call which -- admittedly and probably -- might be totally off.

Good point about Rutgers being in the Big Ten. I forgot about that.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
That's so insane that 7th graders are getting scholie offers. So monumentally stupid. At one point the NCAA put limitations on how young of players coaches could go after, at least in terms of when they could make a verbal commitment. I guess that went out the window.

Dillon77

Reaction Score

From a strictly basketball perspective, this one made sense: At Miami, Dutch center Emese Hof graduates at the end of this season and Baylor Transfer Beatrice Mompremier will have one season left after that (2019-2020). Roby can back up Mompremier for a season. Miami gets a tough, inside presence. Roby escapes midwest winters :cool: ;)

Last edited:

Dillon77

Reaction Score

This was the somewhat-under-the-radar guard (save for Pa. fans) that took a visit to Baylor, right?
Obviously decided to stay local (thought there might be a chance of Michigan) with the Nittany Lions.

PSU Coach Washington is racking up the off-guards/wings here with slasher James from Maryland; Marisa, who has a reported good mid-range game; and Bembry, who is a solid all round guard (NJ's Essex Players of Year, as Myisha Hines-Allen once was).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom