Non-UConn Recruiting Information | Page 107 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn Recruiting Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
This was the somewhat-under-the-radar guard (save for Pa. fans) that took a visit to Baylor, right?
Obviously decided to stay local (thought there might be a chance of Michigan) with the Nittany Lions.

PSU Coach Washington is racking up the off-guards/wings here with slasher James from Maryland; Marisa, who has a reported good mid-range game; and Bembry, who is a solid all round guard (NJ's Essex Players of Year, as Myisha Hines-Allen once was).
In the 2018 class Coquese also snagged Haley Jones teammate from Mitty-Karisma Ortiz all the way from Cali.
Also hoping to get PSU on the UCONN schedule for next year so Kyla can have a home coming game. Rumblings from friends of the PSU program that Coquese is on the hot seat.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
That's so insane that 7th graders are getting scholie offers. So monumentally stupid. At one point the NCAA put limitations on how young of players coaches could go after, at least in terms of when they could make a verbal commitment. I guess that went out the window.
IDK.:eek: A few here might disagree and are encouraging UCONN to change the recruiting philosophy to be more like Louisville. I'm with you though, don't know how a WCBB Coach can offer a grade school player and not immediately feel the need to go take a shower.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
IDK.:eek: A few here might disagree and are encouraging UCONN to change the recruiting philosophy to be more like Louisville. I'm with you though, don't know how a WCBB Coach can offer a grade school player and not immediately feel the need to go take a shower.
Could not agree more.

Reaction Score
Shay Bollin in for a visit on day of South Carolina’s exhibition game.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Shay Bollin in for a visit on day of South Carolina’s exhibition game.

Would those jean's be a deal breaker for Geno and (especially) CD ?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

Dawn also working to keep hometown talent in the 803.

Just out of curiosity, do the recruits get to keep the Warm up gear?

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
In the 2018 class Coquese also snagged Haley Jones teammate from Mitty-Karisma Ortiz all the way from Cali.
Also hoping to get PSU on the UCONN schedule for next year so Kyla can have a home coming game. Rumblings from friends of the PSU program that Coquese is on the hot seat.

Yeah, I've been hearing somewhat similar vibes from my PSU alum hoops buddies. The good years were all in the early part of the teens. Let's see what Karisma Ortiz and crew can do this year produces and if Coach W can hang in until the Class of 2019 comes to campus.

Reaction Score
Would those jean's be a deal breaker for Geno and (especially) CD ?
Nahh - many of our players have been seen in torn jeans...

Katie Lou
1541289202506.png

Reaction Score

I'm not aware of anyone suggesting that UConn copy Louisville's hyperactive recruiting tactics ............................being open to recruiting several additional high quality high school players as a precautionary strategy is a far cry from the infamous Louisville cattle calls where junior high school "babies" are offered along with a fair percentage of the Hoopgurlz Top 50................

Reaction Score
I'm not aware of anyone suggesting that UConn copy Louisville's hyperactive recruiting tactics ........being open to recruiting several additional high quality high school players as a precautionary strategy is a far cry from the infamous Louisville cattle calls where junior high school "babies" are offered along with a fair percentage of the Hoopgurlz Top 50......
All or nuthin’ is the only way to go if you want to be the best. No compromise, no hedge. Ever.

Reaction Score
All or nuthin’ is the only way to go if you want to be the best. No compromise, no hedge. Ever.

it's easy to say that now but I hope we don't have to revisit this conversation in a few weeks if Boston and Jones go elsewhere.................as Geno likes to say, high school rankings end the first day of practice...................remember Notre Dame had no number one ranked players on their team last year (incl.....#3, #10, #11, #24)................winning can be as much about team chemistry and great coaching as it is about pure talent..........

Reaction Score
it's easy to say that now but I hope we don't have to revisit this conversation in a few weeks if Boston and Jones go elsewhere.......as Geno likes to say, high school rankings end the first day of practice....remember Notre Dame had no number one ranked players on their team last year (incl.....#3, #10, #11, #24)......winning can be as much about team chemistry and great coaching as it is about pure talent.....
He already hedged with Griffin. Enough is enough. She’ll be a great role player while Boston & Jones are ballin’ out for us.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I'm not aware of anyone suggesting that UConn copy Louisville's hyperactive recruiting tactics ........being open to recruiting several additional high quality high school players as a precautionary strategy is a far cry from the infamous Louisville cattle calls where junior high school "babies" are offered along with a fair percentage of the Hoopgurlz Top 50......
Then you are not very "self" aware because I don't think you even realize the extend to which you are obsessed with making UCONN recruiting strategy like Louisville's. A few reminders:

On Aubrey Griffin
if UConn doesn't offer and Louisville does she might be unwise to wait too long....I assume that Louisville has other offers out there......so it's first come first play serve...
On Aliyah Boston
you could be right but in Boston's case she is as close to guaranteed playing time as any recruit I can think of in recent times......UConn simply doesn't have another low post player on the roster like her..that's simply not the case with Notre Dame or Louisville or other schools that she might be considering......there must be something else that's holding up her decision
On Destiny Adams
I mentioned NJ's Destiny Adams back in September before her freshman season and she proved to be as advertised against top notch competition..she is the next Diamond Miller and somebody UConn should be looking at closely before Maryland, ND or Louisville come calling.....

DESTINY ADAMS 2018 HOOP GROUP FRESHMAN OF THE YEAR - Hoop Group - Worldwide Leader in Basketball Instruction
On Ezi MagBegor
if not Ezi then Amihere who has a remarkably similar skill set....she just had an in home with Louisville...I hope UConn is on the road this week as it seems everybody else is..

Reaction Score
He already hedged with Griffin. Enough is enough. She’ll be a great role player while Boston & Jones are ballin’ out for us.

while some may not want to admit it, I agree that was a hedge and the wise thing to do.................worst case scenario she will be an an athletic role player and hopefully she will be far more then that..............forgetting about players choosing other schools, have you looked at the injury list thread? So many players lost for the year and the regular season hasn't even started yet.............10-11 player squads just won't cut it anymore........

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
while some may not want to admit it, I agree that was a hedge and the wise thing to do.......worst case scenario she will be an an athletic role player and hopefully she will be far more then that....forgetting about players choosing other schools, have you looked at the injury list thread? So many players lost for the year and the regular season hasn't even started yet...10-11 player squads just won't cut it anymore...

My gut is MM is still using 12 as the starting (and preferably ending) number for rosters. This year she was actually at 13 because she kept two of the walk-on's from last year. And what happens, one of the walk-ons -- Katilin Cole -- has an ACL injury! (At this point, ND has a projected 10- player team in Fall 2019 (if Cole comes back) and that includes verbal commits Brunelle and Peoples.

...and then you factor in the transfer aspect. Geesh.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Then you are not very "self" aware because I don't think you even realize the extend to which you are obsessed with making UCONN recruiting strategy like Louisville's. A few reminders:

On Aubrey Griffin

On Aliyah Boston

On Destiny Adams

On Ezi MagBegor

sorry but I differ with your analysis...............on Aubrey Griffin I was making the point that she should make up her mind because with Louisville it's first come first serve....................on Boston, my remark was in reference as to why Ms Boston had not accepted a UConn offer if she was such a "lock" because she has a great chance to start as a freshman with no low post competition unlike Louisville or Notre Dame, two of her other finalists.................... on Destiny Adams.......................my point was simply that UConn should make plain their interest in her as she is really good and in UConn's home territory ....................and on Amihere I simply mentioned that Louisville was pursuing her........................so from that you extrapolate that I want UConn to use the Louisville recruiting model?.........................you'd be right to say that I am wary of Louisville but just because I reference Louisville as a team that aggressively pursues talent doesn't mean I want UConn to throw out offers like candy................I simply want them to find suitable secondary choices at positions where the team is weakest or in the case of a low post non existent............if you consider the odds of landing a top five player going forward in this super competitive environment combined with the number of serious injuries almost every team is experiencing you need to recruit an additional player or two............you know full well that I have never approved of what Jeff W and now Coach Vic seem to do by sometimes maxing out their scholarships and then pressuring players to leave..........that's a totally different philosophy and a lousy one if you ask me........

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown