Non-UConn Recruiting Information | Page 109 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn Recruiting Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Imagine if So.Car gets Boston & Amihere or Boston & Jones to join along with Cooke ? That could be a great class #1 for sure

I think Jones heads to Stanford. Boston to Connecticut.

I think SC has a good chance to get Amihere, Beal and Jackson to join Cooke. That would still be the #1 class in my opinion and would be very rewarding for Dawn who has had more than her fair share of big misses the last 3 or so years. A class like this would be a shot of adrenaline.

Reaction Score

I think SC has a good chance to get Amihere, Beal and Jackson to join Cooke. That would still be the #1 class in my opinion and would be very rewarding for Dawn who has had more than her fair share of big misses the last 3 or so years. A class like this would be a shot of adrenaline.

I feel Haley jones is stanford for sure
Boston is the wildcard . ND seems to be the prime destination , BUT posters seem to think UCONN due to her dads attire and other reasons i could see both .

SC gets Amihere and maybe beal . Im still calling Rickea to Rutgers i just have that gut feeling .

Reaction Score

that would be a fine class.............not totally sold on Beal but the other two should be big time players...............UConn's lack of interest in both of those two recruits bugs the heck out of me and will continue to unless Boston and Jones end up in Storrs.......

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score

SC:
I could see Amihere heading your way easily, but cannot see Beal and Jackson both heading to the same school, considering they're both wings. No idea whatsoever where they'll go, but I still think Beal will stay in the Midwest for some reason.

What I'm also finding interesting is how Louisville is getting to the finalist mode in a lot of these decisions but then....

Reaction Score
SC:
I could see Amihere heading your way easily, but cannot see Beal and Jackson both heading to the same school, considering they're both wings. No idea whatsoever where they'll go, but I still think Beal will stay in the Midwest for some reason.

What I'm also finding interesting is how Louisville is getting to the finalist mode in a lot of these decisions but then....

EXACTLY , something is up . Maybe recruits are noticing the forever revolving door and how coach walz tends to recruit over players pretty frequently . Starting to bite them pretty hard if they strike out on Amihere , Boston , Beal , & Jackson .

Last edited:
Reaction Score
EXACTLY , something is up . Maybe recruits are noticing the forever revolving door and how coach walz tends to recruit over player pretty frequently . Starting to bite them pretty hard if they strike out on Amihere , Boston , Beal , & Jackson .

apparently most players aren't that observant otherwise how do you explain Tennessee's recruiting success?

Reaction Score
apparently most players aren't that observant otherwise how do you explain Tennessee's recruiting success?

Tennessee's issue is not Over recruiting , they are just recruiting some bonehead players who make dumb decisions. Totally opposite of Lville

Reaction Score
Tennessee's issue is not Over recruiting , they are just recruiting some bonehead players who make dumb decisions. Totally opposite of Lville

weren't they finalists for like eight or nine players in the 2019 class?

mtsuraider06

Tennessee Devotee
Reaction Score
weren't they finalists for like eight or nine players in the 2019 class?

No. We had six recruits on campus, but two of them had already committed (Key & Saunders). Of the others, only Horston committed. Tennessee is likely done for 2019. Endiya Rogers is very likely going to Southern Cal. Tennessee wanted a class of four, and will look at JUCO if need be i.e. Natasha Mack.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Beal to SC

Well, neither Coco (Duke) or I (Michigan) got that one.

Big get for Coach Dawn. Congrats to all S.C. partisans on the BY!! Wonder if that decision (and that of Ms. Cooke) will have any input on where Rickea Jackson chooses to go. And, yes, there's still the Black Queen herself, Ms. Amihere.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Well, neither Coco (Duke) or I (Michigan) got that one.
Big get for Coach Dawn. Congrats to all S.C. partisans on the BY> Wonder if that decision (and that of Ms. Cooke) will have any input on where Rickea Jackson chooses to go.

I think she and Amihere will commit to SC as well.

Reaction Score

if UConn were lucky enough to secure commits from Boston and Jones plus Griffin I would think they would most likely have the number one recruiting class..............

Dillon77

Reaction Score
British Invasion Hits Pac12! Oregon Gets Holly Winterburn from England, who was on the Raoul list of top recruits still left. She'll join Aussie Jaz Shelley in Eugene.
I wonder if she knew/knows Stanford commit Hannah Jump from the British National team program?

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
British Invasion Hits Pac12! Oregon Gets Holly Winterburn from England, who was on the Raoul list of top recruits still left. She'll join Aussie Jaz Shelley in Eugene.
I wonder if she knew/knows Stanford commit Hannah Jump from the British National team program?

Interesting. They've been getting their foot in the door with some top recruits since the program has been elevated, but haven't really hit it out of the park with domestic recruits since bringing in Ionescu. They appear to be fairly dependent on international players. Graves had a few at Gonzaga but it really wasn't a staple of his recruiting there (Canadian, German and Australian off the top of my head I can think of).

Reaction Score

Non-sarcastic q:
Have there been any good English players, ever?

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Non-sarcastic q:

Honestly can't think of any. A couple of men's basketball players but drawing a blank for women.

Reaction Score

Curious if Geno is using his assistants differently this year for recruiting. In many cases, recruits note a multi-year relationship with someone in addition to Head Coach as being a key to decision. With the transition of all of Geno's Assistants except CD (i.e. pregnancy leave for Shea), Geno likely has not had the same level of consistency or outreach as some schools.

Reaction Score
Oregon Gets Winterburn from England!

Curious if Geno is using his assistants differently this year for recruiting. In many cases, recruits note a multi-year relationship with someone in addition to Head Coach as being a key to decision. With the transition of all of Geno's Assistants except CD (i.e. pregnancy leave for Shea), Geno likely has not had the same level of consistency or outreach as some schools.

I've been thinking about that too................just bad timing to have two assistant coaches off the road at the same time although Geno and co did move quickly to find a replacement

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Non-sarcastic q:
Temi Fagbenle from Blair Academy to Harvard then transfer to USC was very highly ranked and had UCONN interest at one time. Think Temi played on Minnesota this year with Maya.

Cheridene Green was JUCO college player of the year but has been on the TN bench last year mostly because of injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom