Non-UConn Recruiting Information | Page 111 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn Recruiting Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If she tells 5 coaches...she shouldn’t have to worry about it. IIRC there have been a few silent verbals in UCONN history...they have all gotten their chance to annlunce publicly

Again, you have NO IDEA what happened.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
And I would add that a player should not have much of a gap between when she reveals it privately to revealing it publicly. The chance that it will come out, inadvertantly or not, is too great.
Have to disagree with you on this. If Holly is the source or revealing Rogers decision to the public via this reporter not only is that wrong it is a NCAA violation. Coaches are not allowed to comment on any prospect until a NLI has been signed, regardless of what is out in the public domain.

Reaction Score
Have to disagree with you on this. If Holly is the source or revealing Rogers decision to the public via this reporter not only is that wrong it is a NCAA violation. Coaches are not allowed to comment on any prospect until a NLI has been signed, regardless of what is out in the public domain.

First of all, you have no idea how the reporter knows.
Second of all, coaches are not allowed to comment publicly on players. But they can and do have on-background discussions with reporters on who they are recruiting.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Thus my use of the word "if"....!
The rule is very clear:
13.11.2 Comments Before Signing. Before the signing of a prospect to a National Letter of Intent or an institution's written offer of admission and/or financial aid, a member institution may comment publicly only to the extent of confirming its recruitment of the prospect. The institution may not comment generally about the prospect's ability or the contribution that the prospect might make to the institution's team; further, the institution is precluded from commenting in any manner as to the likelihood of the prospect's signing with that institution. Violations of this bylaw do not affect a prospect's eligibility and are considered institutional violations per Constitution 2.8.1. (Revised: 1/14/97)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
thank God the season is starting so some of this nonsense can be crowded out

Reaction Score
Can’t be easy for a top-5 recruit to be seeing minimal minutes off the bench as a sophomore. Aston stockpiles the talent, and that clearly doesn’t always work. Any ideas where she may end up? IIRC Oklahoma and UCLA were her other finalists. I doubt UCLA.
I wonder if UVA might be a candidate, given that Tina coached at Texas last year and UVA just lost their likely starting pg for the second straight year.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Patterson was HG #4 in 2017, behind Megan, Westbrook, and Boothe. Both Patterson and Boothe have transferred.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
She's from Houston, right? How about staying home and considering Houston? If she wants to pound the books, Rice takes transfers and seems to be doing pretty well recently.
If she wants to stay in Houston, she should really go to UH and help build the AAC :)

Reaction Score
Haley Jones was at the Oregon game with her head coach from her Cal Stars club team. He posted a picture of the two of them plus SI after the game on the Cal.Stars Instagram account.

She also just started following Kelly Graves’ son on Instagram.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Second of all, coaches are not allowed to comment publicly on players. But they can and do have on-background discussions with reporters on who they are recruiting.

It happens in every sport.

Veteran LV beat writer Dan Fleser pulled the trigger too early on this one. He may have assumed she announced her decision. He's a pro so this was just a mistake on his part.

Reaction Score
It happens in every sport.

Veteran LV beat writer Dan Fleser pulled the trigger too early on this one. He may have assumed she announced her decision. He's a pro so this was just a mistake on his part.

Wait, you mean someone on this board falsely accused the coach of wrong doing?

Reaction Score
As I was saying ...

And I would add that a player should not have much of a gap between when she reveals it privately to revealing it publicly. The chance that it will come out, inadvertently or not, is too great.

He may have assumed she announced her decision. He's a pro so this was just a mistake on his part.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Must be Dalayah Daniels?

I have no idea which AAU team various recruits play for. I don't think Van Lith has ever shown any interest in UW so I'd be shocked if it was her. I didn't think Daniels listed UW among her choices either. It's certainly an intriguing rumor, with enough clues that somebody who knows more than I do could probably figure it out.

Reaction Score
I have no idea which AAU team various recruits play for. I don't think Van Lith has ever shown any interest in UW so I'd be shocked if it was her. I didn't think Daniels listed UW among her choices either. It's certainly an intriguing rumor, with enough clues that somebody who knows more than I do could probably figure it out.

But there are other clues in the note!
The fact that she was being pursued by Louisville means that she could be .... anybody.

:p

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Jayda Noble

Yeah, the OP in that thread spilled the beans eventually. I'm not familiar with her but the OP is high on her as a prospect. They definitely need a PG in the future. Getting a foot in the door w/ that AAU program might be a bigger deal than this particular prospect.

mtsuraider06

Tennessee Devotee
Reaction Score
No. We had six recruits on campus, but two of them had already committed (Key & Saunders). Of the others, only Horston committed. Tennessee is likely done for 2019. Endiya Rogers is very likely going to Southern Cal. Tennessee wanted a class of four, and will look at JUCO if need be i.e. Natasha Mack.

Rogers announced her commit to Southern Cal today.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Interesting. Wasn't on her original consideration list

Arkansas Razorbacks, Missouri Tigers, Ole Miss Rebels, Texas Longhorns, Mississippi State Bulldogs, Kansas Jayhawks, SMU Mustangs

Clearly extending her horizons.
That actually confused me a little bit because she posted a twitter picture that had about 20 or so plus team’s logos after her consideration list. Oregon State offered her a long time ago so my guess is that list is only part of what she is actually considering, and that there are no finalists yet.

+ an offer from UCLA yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99