Non-UConn Recruiting Information | Page 133 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn Recruiting Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Well...any concerns that Oregon was going to fade once Ionescu moved on should be pretty well alleviated. They should be great next season and they are loading up for down the road.

Reaction Score
Always interesting when a coach follows a big class with an even bigger class:

The class of Nyara Sabally, Jazmin Shelley, Lucy Cochrane, and Holly Winterburn will be followed up by Te-Hina PaoPao, Kylee Watson, Angela Dugalic, Sydney Parrish, and Maddie Scherr. Will be very interesting. Not to mention Chavez will be there the year ahead of them, and Boley and Satou will be seniors.

If Scott Rueck can work things out with all the 6’7”+ players, we’re in for some epic Civil War battles.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
ND fans can’t be happy

A little disappointing given that she said she had an official scheduled for June but my reading of the situation was always that Oregon was most likely to land her.

This is what I wrote to @Dillon77 in a PM on April 30: "Would like to see Watson in at some point. She's pretty quiet with her recruitment, so it's hard to know where we stand. Thinking Oregon is the favorite there but you never know."

In the past, it's felt like ND would have a good shot at whoever UConn didn't snap up. Now, it feels like ND is after Oregon in the priority order, too. Maybe that's just a one year thing, but it was clear from social media that 2020 recruits loved Oregon.

I guess this leaves Maddy Westbeld as an ND forward target. Not sure who else. Would be happy with her and Caitlin Clark and/or Deja Kelly to fill out the Irish class.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
If Scott Rueck can work things out with all the 6’7”+ players, we’re in for some epic Civil War battles.

Their '19 class is nice, but they gotta get started on '20. Need to bring in some guards/wings. Pivec and Tudor will be Sr. next year w/ Slocum and Goodman a year behind. After that it's just Simmons.

Reaction Score
UConn still in on Reese, Edwards, Cardoso, McLean, and Daniels.

Don't count your ducklings before they're hatched....

Didn’t know UCONN was in on McLean. She has Gabby Williams like athleticism. Her recruitment has been a little quiet so I’m not sure who else is interested. As long as UConn stays away from Olivia Cochran, Anaya Boyd and Priscilla Williams then I’m happy.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
A little disappointing given that she said she had an official scheduled for June but my reading of the situation was always that Oregon was most likely to land her.

This is what I wrote to @Dillon77 in a PM on April 30: "Would like to see Watson in at some point. She's pretty quiet with her recruitment, so it's hard to know where we stand. Thinking Oregon is the favorite there but you never know."

In the past, it's felt like ND would have a good shot at whoever UConn didn't snap up. Now, it feels like ND is after Oregon in the priority order, too. Maybe that's just a one year thing, but it was clear from social media that 2020 recruits loved Oregon.

I guess this leaves Maddy Westbeld as an ND forward target. Not sure who else. Would be happy with her and Caitlin Clark and/or Deja Kelly to fill out the Irish class.

I do remember that PM, but was hoping that the official visit Watson had scheduled for ND in June was still a positive sign. Hey, if you can get 'em in the door, you never know? Obviously, Ms. Watson had a very strong gut on Oregon all along and decided to act on it. Hope there's lots of direct flights from Philly to Portland so her NJ family can visit. (Probably easier than getting to South Bend ;) )

When one sees disappointing news like this, it's good to remember what one does have and that's still post/forward target Nat Marshall (6'5") and guard/wing Alli Campbell (6'0"). That's a more than solid base to build on. If there are no more discernible posts to go after for the Irish (and I can't think of any now either), then getting candidates for the Princeton-based system MM wants to go back to is essential. Maddy Westbeld (6'2") would do the trick at wing/forward. The Irish did pretty well with her sister, Kat, and Maddy has risen in the rankings recently. And any one of those point guards you mention would be great. If Clark (6'0"), that would be a class of all 6'0" and over. Stay tuned.

Reaction Score
This morning I attended an Oregon State Sports Roadshow with OSU Athletic Director and various coaches. Rueck was in attendance, and I asked him about Andrea Acquino, and if she would be playing next season. His answer was that it was "out of his hands". Rueck also is very impressed with Acquino as a member of their family (team), and it is clear that AA is still a member of the team. Nobody seems to know why AA didn't play last season even though she was able to practice and suited up for games? The OSU WBB Team is going to Italy this summer for 3 games vs European Pro Teams, and Rueck told me his entire team (including all recruits) will be on the trip. BTW: Kat Tudor's ACL Recovery is going very well, and, every indication is that Tudor will be fully recovered for next season. As much talk that Oregon gets, if the OSU WBB Team is healthy & all are available to play, I'm picking the Beavers to win the PAC12 next year.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Didn’t know UCONN was in on McLean. She has Gabby Williams like athleticism. Her recruitment has been a little quiet so I’m not sure who else is interested. As long as UConn stays away from Olivia Cochran, Anaya Boyd and Priscilla Williams then I’m happy.

Not sure SC is going after Williams. I think Madi Scott is the big guard from 2020 that SC is chasing.

Reaction Score
Not sure SC is going after Williams. I think Madi Scott is the big guard from 2020 that SC is chasing.

Ehh Scott seems like a tweener to me. She has all the tools to be a very good forward at the next level but I don’t see her as a perimeter player. Williams on the other hand is a legit perimeter threat at 6’2” and she can shoot the three, slash to the rim and has very good handles for someone that tall. I’ve never actually seen Williams connected to SC, I just hoped we were one of the schools that was recruiting her.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score

Can't promise you that. New evidence suggests UConn is looking at Cochran now as well.

Reaction Score
This morning I attended an Oregon State Sports Roadshow with OSU Athletic Director and various coaches. Rueck was in attendance, and I asked him about Andrea Acquino, and if she would be playing next season. His answer was that it was "out of his hands". Rueck also is very impressed with Acquino as a member of their family (team), and it is clear that AA is still a member of the team. Nobody seems to know why AA didn't play last season even though she was able to practice and suited up for games? The OSU WBB Team is going to Italy this summer for 3 games vs European Pro Teams, and Rueck told me his entire team (including all recruits) will be on the trip. BTW: Kat Tudor's ACL Recovery is going very well, and, every indication is that Tudor will be fully recovered for next season. As much talk that Oregon gets, if the OSU WBB Team is healthy & all are available to play, I'm picking the Beavers to win the PAC12 next year.
Did you get any word on their other 6’9” player Mitrovic? Saw she went down with an injury.

They are obviously very capable of beating Oregon. They did so last year and didn’t really lose anything, especially when you look at what they gain (Tudor, Jones, and Brown).

Reaction Score
Can't promise you that. New evidence suggests UConn is looking at Cochran now as well.
I have a feeling Cochran may stay in SEC country, but definitely an elite PF, maybe the elite PF in 2020, up there with Scott, Edwards, Brink, and Daniels for sure. Was shocked she didn’t shoot up in the rankings.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Interesting, she’s already down to 10 schools. Wonder if Geno can make up ground.

Recall that Angel Reese was down to 10 before making adjustments later including the addition of UConn.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Was there an article that says she is considering UConn, or just inside info?

She mentioned UConn on her revised list in a December postgame that's available on YT. Local reports then came that she had a UConn offer. Following that, she sat behind the UConn bench for the UConn/South Carolina game in Hartford in February.

Reaction Score
She mentioned UConn on her revised list in a December postgame that's available on YT. Local reports then came that she had a UConn offer. Following that, she sat behind the UConn bench for the UConn/South Carolina game in Hartford in February.
I was referring to Cochran, my apologies.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Ehh Scott seems like a tweener to me. She has all the tools to be a very good forward at the next level but I don’t see her as a perimeter player. Williams on the other hand is a legit perimeter threat at 6’2” and she can shoot the three, slash to the rim and has very good handles for someone that tall. I’ve never actually seen Williams connected to SC, I just hoped we were one of the schools that was recruiting her.

I don’t disagree about either player, just saying I’ve seen or heard nothing connecting us to Williams. Could be super incognito. Who knows. Texas wants her bad. She’s an offensive weapon for sure.

Scott, on the other hand, is definitely on our radar. We’re really involved there with TTO, Scott and Reese. They have talent in the pipeline on the way that SC wants.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA