Non-UConn Recruiting Information | Page 113 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn Recruiting Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Amihere to SC :D !!!!!

congrats.....................I recently mentioned Dawn was more of a successful coach then recruiter and then she goes out and proves me wrong...................of course not having UConn to contend with on Amihere didn't hurt.....................from a UConn perspective that better have been because Boston had made her choice known to Geno otherwise I will be extra ornery............

Reaction Score
congrats......I recently mentioned Dawn was more of a successful coach then recruiter and then she goes out and proves me wrong....of course not having UConn to contend with on Amihere didn't hurt......from a UConn perspective that better have been because Boston had made her choice known to Geno otherwise I will be extra ornery..

Thanks!! Big Props to Jolette Law as well! She was the reason CW even gave SC a second look. She has proven wonders to our program is such a short amount of time!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I was watching the local news today... and saw that two girls from NW Guilford signed with VPI today. One guard (i think the coach's kid.) and a more highly regarded Post player named Elizabeth Kitley #31 per ESPN. I like Brooks..... and I always like seeing local kids go to Power 5 schools.

Reaction Score
Does anyone know when Rickea Jackson will announce? I thought it would have been yesterday.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Does anyone know when Rickea Jackson will announce? I thought it would have been yesterday.
Not sure but keep in mind that after exhausting her 5 official visits Rickea was taking additional visits. She was on an unofficial visit to Rutgers last I heard. Wouldn't be surprise to see her announcement drag on to spring or beyond.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Not sure but keep in mind that after exhausting her 5 official visits Rickea was taking additional visits. She was on an unofficial visit to Rutgers last I heard. Wouldn't be surprise to see her announcement drag on to spring or beyond.

Hey there. I had a nagging feeling I'd read something about this so I called up my good friend Google and it reported, from an ESPNw article, that:
"Where Jackson ends up at college is still a mystery, but she has narrowed her list to Mississippi State, Rutgers and South Carolina. Schools that were previously under consideration include Louisville, Tennessee, Ohio State and Texas."

Maybe she isn't quite certain yet? Maybe the commitment of Brea Beal (who is also listed as a wing) threw her off? Or maybe she's just going to announce when she has some free air time? There's something about Rutgers that seems right (on the other hand, I'm the guy who thought Beal would be at Michigan :rolleyes:).

Stay tuned....

Reaction Score
Jackson and Beal both have fairly similar evaluations on Hoopgurlz. Both are often coined “perimeter prospects” or “perimeter performers”. I do wonder if Beal would have an effect on Jackson’s decision given their seeming similarities. There is also LeLe Grissett who is also a wing. With her being 6’2/6’3, I could also see her playing the 4, but that position also has a lot of depth at SC with Amihere, Saxton, LaDazhia Williams, etc. Clearly I do not know as much about South Carolina’s current roster/younger players as much as others who specialize on that team, but it just seems like that 3/4 spot has a lot of depth without Jackson.

Rutgers...She, Maori, and Zipporah Broughton would form a strong core that may help Rutgers reach the upper echelon of the Big 10. She would also likely receive immediate playing time, plus the games in Michigan. This choice definitely makes sense.

Mississippi State... She would likely compete with Chloe Bibby and Xaria Wiggins at the 3 and Jessika Carter at the 4. She could make an early impact here as she would easily be the star player in the 2019 class. This choice also makes sense IMO

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
"Where Jackson ends up at college is still a mystery, but she has narrowed her list to Mississippi State, Rutgers and South Carolina. Schools that were previously under consideration include Louisville, Tennessee, Ohio State and Texas."
Which reminds me... Biggest loser for 2019 recruiting class then is Louisville-in the immortal words of Mrs Burdick-Hands Down.
From document accounts, Louisville made offers to 15 of the top players in the ESPN top 20.
(Jones, Horston, Boston, Brunelle, Bell, Cooke, Blackwell, Jackson, Amihere, Green, Beal, Owens, Davenport, Miller, & Brown).
I have not totaled the Louisville offers outside the top 20 yet but clearly there were some.
15 top 20 offers netted 1 top 20 player in Green. Louisville will end up somewhere in the 14-20 range as far as recruiting class. @Charliebball keep this in mind the next time you "encourage" UCONN to cast a wider net in recruiting. A wider next does not guarantee you more fish!

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Which reminds me... Biggest loser for 2019 recruiting class then is Louisville-in the immortal words of Mrs Burdick-Hands Down.
From document accounts, Louisville made offers to 15 of the top players in the ESPN top 20.
(Jones, Horston, Boston, Brunelle, Bell, Cooke, Blackwell, Jackson, Amihere, Green, Beal, Owens, Davenport, Miller, & Brown).
I have not totaled the Louisville offers outside the top 20 yet but clearly there were some.
15 top 20 offers netted 1 top 20 player in Green. Louisville will end up somewhere in the 14-20 range as far as recruiting class. @Charliebball keep this in mind the next time you "encourage" UCONN to cast a wider net in recruiting. A wider next does not guarantee you more fish!

Well, to stay with that analogy, the net might've been spread too thin and had holes in it. Their one post player -- Ramani Parker -- snuck into the Top 100 at 99; otherwise, this is not one of Louisville's finest. Did the mess from the guys' program impact the women's? Who knows, but in the past you'd expect one of the likes of Blackwell, Beal and/or Jackson to end up in red. The Davenport choice seemed like the Joe Frazier punch to solar plexus.

Reaction Score
[QUOTE="
15 top 20 offers netted 1 top 20 player in Green. Louisville will end up somewhere in the 14-20 range as far as recruiting class. @Charliebball keep this in mind the next time you "encourage" UCONN to cast a wider net in recruiting. A wider next does not guarantee you more fish![/QUOTE]

well in fishing terms Louisville believes in factory fishing with a two hundred foot fishing trawler while UConn uses a two man kayak.......I'd like to move them up to a twenty foot Riva (note the Italian heritage)..............:rolleyes:...................in all seriousness I'm taking about one to three additional offers per class depending on need.................that's a far cry from Louisville's 15................

Reaction Score
Well, to stay with that analogy, the net might've been spread too thin and had holes in it. Their one post player -- Ramani Parker -- snuck into the Top 100 at 99; otherwise, this is not one of Louisville's finest. Did the mess from the guys' program impact the women's? Who knows, but in the past you'd expect one of the likes of Blackwell, Beal and/or Jackson to end up in red. The Davenport choice seemed like the Joe Frazier punch to solar plexus.

Ramani Parker was highly thought of at one time, I’m sure she was in the top half of the Hoop Gurlz rankings at one time, and is #29 according to PN, I think she’s better then her listed ranking and should give Louisville a inside presence next year sooner the later.

Reaction Score
Rickea Jackson will announce tomorrow and has narrowed it down to Mississippi State and South Carolina. Sorry @Dillon77, Rutgers was eliminated. The most interesting piece of the whole article I read...

“She turned down offers, according to her mother, from Connecticut, Georgia, Tennessee, Ohio State, Michigan and Michigan State.”

South Carolina or Mississippi State? Rickea Jackson to commit Friday

Reaction Score
Rickea Jackson will announce tomorrow and has narrowed it down to Mississippi State and South Carolina. Sorry @Dillon77, Rutgers was eliminated. The most interesting piece of the whole article I read...

“She turned down offers, according to her mother, from Connecticut, Georgia, Tennessee, Ohio State, Michigan and Michigan State.”

South Carolina or Mississippi State? Rickea Jackson to commit Friday

Woah at that list of declines i must say. MSST makes the most sense here. If she chooses SC someone will transfer out soon jmo.

Reaction Score
I was quite surprised to see UConn on the list of declines. I did not know there was interest on UConn’s part. I also didn’t know her mother played at Michigan State.

I would like to see her at Mississippi State. Once again Mississippi State will graduate four starters, so she will immediately contend for playing time.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Jackson and Beal both have fairly similar evaluations on Hoopgurlz. Both are often coined “perimeter prospects” or “perimeter performers”. I do wonder if Beal would have an effect on Jackson’s decision given their seeming similarities. There is also LeLe Grissett who is also a wing. With her being 6’2/6’3, I could also see her playing the 4, but that position also has a lot of depth at SC with Amihere, Saxton, LaDazhia Williams, etc. Clearly I do not know as much about South Carolina’s current roster/younger players as much as others who specialize on that team, but it just seems like that 3/4 spot has a lot of depth without Jackson.

Rutgers...She, Maori, and Zipporah Broughton would form a strong core that may help Rutgers reach the upper echelon of the Big 10. She would also likely receive immediate playing time, plus the games in Michigan. This choice definitely makes sense.

Mississippi State... She would likely compete with Chloe Bibby and Xaria Wiggins at the 3 and Jessika Carter at the 4. She could make an early impact here as she would easily be the star player in the 2019 class. This choice also makes sense IMO

Rickea Jackson would be a 3 at South Carolina. Her main competition for playing time would be Bianca Jackson (who I suspect will start at the 3 if Cooper returns) and her own classmate Beal. Dawn wants to play positionless and uptempo.. and she wants the bulk of her scoring coming from the wing (whereas in the past, she wanted it coming from the post). Grissett is considered a wing, she can handle the ball.. but she has an unproven outside shot and because of that, the bulk of her minutes will come from within that forward rotation. We are implementing a new style and within that style the 4 and 5 are really interchangeable for us... we have a lot of players in that 6'2/6'3 range. Rickea Jackson will not be in that forward rotation, Amihere will. Harrigan will start at the 5 next year, Grissett at the 4.. but Saxton will push Harrigan for minutes and I believe Amihere will do the same for Grissett at the 4. Williams hasn't shown me anything to convince me that she's a serious threat for starter minutes (Saxton played considerably more than her tonight).

Reaction Score
I was quite surprised to see UConn on the list of declines. I did not know there was interest on UConn’s part. I also didn’t know her mother played at Michigan State.

I would like to see her at Mississippi State. Once again Mississippi State will graduate four starters, so she will immediately contend for playing time.
While I am sure UConn scouted her I thought any offers would only occur after visit to Storrs. Is it possible the reporter and mother misspoke? The pros in the boneyard do not miss much. No knowledge just asking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom