Non-UConn Recruiting Information | Page 136 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn Recruiting Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think the comments you are responding to with such vigor? simply speak to hopes (by other teams, players) and possibilities. Recent history is the reason for both, with that history highlighted by the UCONN dominance that preceded it. That's just the nature of competitive sports. Whether the next (say) 4-6 years will continue that trend--or the hopes will be fulfilled and the possibilities actual--is, of course, yet to be determined. But it seems to me obvious that--rightly or wrongly--a player like Bessier would at this point be more optimistic about winning a national championship at someplace other than UCONN than she would have been 5 or 6 years ago.

perhaps if she had chosen Oregon, Notre Dame, Baylor or even Stanford I'd agree but UCLA not so much...........

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I think the comments you are responding to with such vigor? simply speak to hopes (by other teams, players) and possibilities. Recent history is the reason for both, with that history highlighted by the UCONN dominance that preceded it. That's just the nature of competitive sports. Whether the next (say) 4-6 years will continue that trend--or the hopes will be fulfilled and the possibilities actual--is, of course, yet to be determined. But it seems to me obvious that--rightly or wrongly--a player like Bessier would at this point be more optimistic about winning a national championship at someplace other than UCONN than she would have been 5 or 6 years ago.
As much as i disagree with you let me start here: The comments I'm responding to have precious little to do with Emily Bessior or the probability of her winning a championship. The comments I'm responding to are the ones that took an unnecessary shot at KLS and Napheesa. Unacceptable from anyone, not credible coming from a fan of the conference with the track record I document, and admittedly written to strike a nerve- which it did.

Reaction Score
UCLA is a really good school academically and socially along with a wonderful climate but only slightly above average as a WBB basketball program...just saying that if her decision was mostly based on her basketball career, she could have made a number of better collegiate choices with UConn near or at the top of the list....

What if UConn wasn't an option for her? Did Geno offer? Criticizing someone's decision and presenting an alternative that may not have even been an option is quite the leap. Put yourself in her shoes, she probably went to a school that made her a priority. Is that so bad?

Reaction Score
perhaps if she had chosen Oregon, Notre Dame, Baylor or even Stanford I'd agree but UCLA not so much......

How often do Baylor, ND and Stanford even offer European prospects? You are throwing out all of these schools as if she had these choices at her disposal. Its just a major reach. Maybe UCLA was her best offer or one of her best offers. And nothing against Baylor but it is a different place that may not fit a lot of kids so you are only thinking about basketball wins and losses but there is a lot more to consider.

Reaction Score
Fine!.
Now I'll take aim at your whole conference.
Pac 12 teams appearances in FF of WBB=20=UCONN appearances in the FF
WBB National Championships Pac 12 =4;UCONN=11.
Last Pac 12 WBB National Championship was 1992. UCONN first WCBB championship was 1995.
AP players of the year in WCBB since 1995, UCONN=11 times. Pac 12 =1 time.
Here is something for your conference to be really proud of or not. The Pac 12 has had 4 different teams win the WNIT (Oregon, California, UCLA and Arizona). Keep hope alive for your conference if you must, but also be sure to kiss the queens (KLS and Napheesa) ring & pay homage when their names comes out of your mouth.
Boooooo!

Reaction Score
Sister of TJ McConnell and niece of Kathy and Suzie McConnell committed to Duquesne today. One of the best pedigrees a player could have.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
As much as i disagree with you let me start here: The comments I'm responding to have precious little to do with Emily Bessior or the probability of her winning a championship. The comments I'm responding to are the ones that took an unnecessary shot at KLS and Napheesa. Unacceptable from anyone, not credible coming from a fan of the conference with the track record I document, and admittedly written to strike a nerve- which it did.

Jeez, you're taking this way too seriously. KLS and Collier had fantastic careers. Plenty of players that have fantastic careers don't win any Championships, and they obviously won one. But UConn was gonna win that year w/ Stewie and Jefferson as Sr. and Tuck as a RS Jr. regardless of who their teammates were. KLS and Collier both had a nice Fr. campaign but they are not the reason UConn won the Championship. I'll stop with this exchange, you can continue if you feel the need to.

Reaction Score
How often do Baylor, ND and Stanford even offer European prospects? You are throwing out all of these schools as if she had these choices at her disposal. Its just a major reach. Maybe UCLA was her best offer or one of her best offers. And nothing against Baylor but it is a different place that may not fit a lot of kids so you are only thinking about basketball wins and losses but there is a lot more to consider.

Have you seen her on video? Unless she didn't meet academic requirements or had a serious personality issue any program would be thrilled to have her.................obviously UCLA is a great school to attend for many reasons but winning championships and perfecting basketball skills are low on that list

Reaction Score
Have you seen her on video? Unless she didn't meet academic requirements or had a serious personality issue any program would be thrilled to have her.......obviously UCLA is a great school to attend for many reasons but winning championships and perfecting basketball skills are low on that list

Yes I have seen her on the videos posted here but again you are side stepping. Colleges aren't just going to watch a youtube and recruit her. I bet the schools who wanted her went to Europe to watch her, to do a home visit, real leg work. Maybe those schools didn't want to do that? And just because UCLA HASN'T won a championship doesn't mean they CAN'T. Maybe she wants to help them build something. This idea that every good player can only go to the small number of championship winning schools is just not good. The kid is the one going to school, not you, so they have to make a choice that makes THEM happy, not the fans who just think oh this school is great.

Reaction Score
Wonder why it hasn’t been reported that Cooper has transferred to Baylor? Everyone knows but it would be more a of courtesy if the school stated something about it imo.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Wonder why it hasn’t been reported that Cooper has transferred to Baylor? Everyone knows but it would be more a of courtesy if the school stated something about it imo.
Everyone knows it? How do they know it if it hasn't been reported? What's the source?

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
perhaps if she had chosen Oregon, Notre Dame, Baylor or even Stanford I'd agree but UCLA not so much......

Whew, interesting exchanges on this thread yesterday...glad I was watching a movie last night.

This one -- which I believe is on the topic of this thread -- caught my Irish interest.
- ND, much to the chagrin of many of the faithful on McGraw's Bench, does not seem to have an interest in recruiting any international outside of southern Ontario who is not named Achonwa. Sigh.

- Stanford has a California-based guard of English descent joining it's ranks so that could count, depending on your views on Brexit and/or her Cali/Brit accent.

- Baylor. I remember all of us shocked when Baylor coaches were spotted in Western Pa. on recruiting trips, so the concept of Kim having Croatian fare with Coach Jose seems a stretch, no?

As for UCLA, Charliebball is right about its academic standing and beauty as a campus (I was on it a month ago). However, I seem to recall they had some pretty darn good teams with Jordin Canada and the Korver sharpshooter. And were not half-bad last year. They've extended their recruiting to Texas, Australia and have really gone afar this time. Should be interesting.

Happy Father's Day to one and all. :cool: Have a good one.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Everyone knows it? How do they know it if it hasn't been reported? What's the source?

It’s the worst kept secret honestly! She follows the entire Baylor coaching staff on Twitter, has been to wacko twice, and is said to arrive on campus next week with incoming frosh Jordyn Oliver per the sicem365 forum. Also her sister Imani Cooper tweeted she and Dwight (Howard) would be spending a lot of time in Texas this year, so all the information is there I guess Kim doesn’t want to make it public yet....

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
It’s the worst kept secret honestly! She follows the entire Baylor coaching staff on Twitter, has been to wacko twice, and is said to arrive on campus next week with incoming frosh Jordyn Oliver per the sicem365 forum. Also her sister Imani Cooper tweeted she and Dwight (Howard) would be spending a lot of time in Texas this year, so all the information is there I guess Kim doesn’t want to make it public yet....
So we have as our sources an anonymous poster on sicem365 and a reference to the state of Texas made by the player's sister. (The Twitter follows might show she's interested in Baylor, but not necessarily that Baylor's agreed to take her.)

Sometimes when there's no confirmation of something, there's a reason for it. I can't help but wonder, why would Kim want to hold out on announcing it? Does it somehow benefit her in recruiting?

On the sicem365 board there's a Te'a Cooper thread (Te'a Cooper transfer portal - Page 6 | SicEm365) but I'm not seeing anything that confirms, even anonymously, that Cooper is a done deal. Is it in another thread?

Reaction Score
So we have as our sources an anonymous poster on sicem365 and a reference to the state of Texas made by the player's sister. (The Twitter follows might show she's interested in Baylor, but not necessarily that Baylor's agreed to take her.)

Sometimes when there's no confirmation of something, there's a reason for it. I can't help but wonder, why would Kim want to hold out on announcing it? Does it somehow benefit her in recruiting?

On the sicem365 board there's a Te'a Cooper thread (Te'a Cooper transfer portal - Page 6 | SicEm365) but I'm not seeing anything that confirms, even anonymously, that Cooper is a done deal. Is it in another thread?

Check the 2019 transfer thread and you will see a poster named Skilled Up confirm she is going to Baylor. Now I’m not entirely sure how accurate that may be but it is said that particular poster has very close ties to the program so that led me to believe it is true, maybe @baylorprof or @Bayloralum can confirm??

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Check the 2019 transfer thread and you will see a poster named Skilled Up confirm she is going to Baylor. Now I’m not entirely sure how accurate that may be but it is said that particular poster has very close ties to the program so that led me to believe it is true, maybe @baylorprof or @Bayloralum can confirm??
I don’t know anything but I do trust that user skilled up though! They’re usually spot on!

Reaction Score
Does anyone remember how long it took Anriel Howard to announce her transfer to Miss St? Was it not until after she graduated? Maybe Cooper is finishing up the summer term for graduation, then will announce?

Reaction Score
Yes I have seen her on the videos posted here but again you are side stepping. Colleges aren't just going to watch a youtube and recruit her. I bet the schools who wanted her went to Europe to watch her, to do a home visit, real leg work. Maybe those schools didn't want to do that? And just because UCLA HASN'T won a championship doesn't mean they CAN'T. Maybe she wants to help them build something. This idea that every good player can only go to the small number of championship winning schools is just not good. The kid is the one going to school, not you, so they have to make a choice that makes THEM happy, not the fans who just think oh this school is great.

I agree with you that the recruit like any student needs to pick the school that fits them the best..................my point was simply that basketball was most likely not the overriding factor because if it was I assume a player of her standing had better options...........

Reaction Score
Howard’s transfer was reported at the beginning of August.

As for Cooper, she’s done academically at USC. Did the walk l and got her diploma last month. Right now, based on her SM, she’s hanging out with her fiancée Dwight Howard and not doing much on the basketball court. Doesn’t appear her focus is basketball atm.

Last edited:

skilz

Final Four Bound!
Reaction Score
Howard’s transfer was reported at the beginning of August.

As for Cooper, she’s done academically at USC. Did the walk l and got her diploma last month. Right now, based on her SM, she’s hanging out with her fiancée Dwight Howard and not doing much on the basketball court. Doesn’t appear her focus is basketball atm.

Cooper is focused on basketball. Her landing spot will be announced soon.

Reaction Score
Duquesne adds a top-100 recruit and club teammate of Megan McConnell in Tess Myers, who also held a Colorado offer:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom