Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Uhhh, yeah, I don't think so.

Number of self-pic IG posts in the past 6 months:
Walker: 8
Westbrook: 9
Brunelle: 40
Walker cleaned up her IG account. Maybe you should consider a couple of things.. their ages. Brunelle is a freshman and those two are juniors. And the content of what they are posting. Megan has a few weird parts, and a few of Evina's I thought wouldn't pass the old "UConn standard." ("HotGirlMeg" would not pass either.)

I don't think Turner or Mabrey are going to throw shade at their own ND family. I couldn't see Westbrook or Walker saying that either.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Still think it’s weird to be following teenagers IG

I think it's weird to try and add them if their account is private, but if they're using it as a means of communication/promotion, then I don't see a problem with it.

And, honestly, it's kind of a sign of the times. When they get to the point where they go pro, their social media following is what helps them to get endorsements. So while it might be weird for an average teenage girl to have 134k IG followers (like Bueckers does, for example), even at 17, I can promise you that she knows now is the time to begin building her brand.

Reaction Score

Cardoso reportedly adding a previously unlisted visit to WVU this weekend. She’s scheduled to visit Syracuse and South Carolina the following two weekends.

Reaction Score

Cardoso reportedly adding a previously unlisted visit to WVU this weekend. She’s scheduled to visit Syracuse and South Carolina the following two weekends.

Interesting, I’m guessing it deals with two things: 1. Esmery Martinez being there, 2. No longer considering UConn.

Reaction Score
I wonder who ends up at Kentucky, they have had a lot of top recruits coming in for visits over the last month. Still can’t even begin to predict where Hunt ends up.

Reaction Score
I wonder who ends up at Kentucky, they have had a lot of top recruits coming in for visits over the last month. Still can’t even begin to predict where Hunt ends up.
I could see T Hunt at Kentucky. She would be a nice complimentary player to R Howard. I also think her family is going to want her to be within driving range for games.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
At first I thought you were going to mention

Oh, my gosh...back to the time portal.
I remember Bill Laimbeer coming of the bench for the Fighting Irish in 1978 during an epic NCAA seminfinal against the Blue Devils, who were led by the trio of Gene Banks, Jim Spanarkel and Mike Gminski. Alll three scored over 20 points and no other Dookie hit double figures. Duke went up big in the first half, but the Irish fought back only to lose 90-86. Duke lost to the Givens-led Kentucky team in the final.

Besides Laimbeer -- who had 10 rebounds -- other members of that Irish team were Kelly Tripucka and Donald "Duck" Williams, who led the Irish with 16 points in a balanced scoring attack (see attached box score).

Gminski had a solid NBA career (primarily with the Nets), Bill Hanzlik played a long time, too, primarily with Dener and Spanarkel still color commentates for the Nets and the NCAA tourney. If you had chosen Laimbeer to be the player from the Irish who has been around the game the longest back in the day, you would've been met by open mouths.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I remember Bill Laimbeer coming of the bench for the Fighting Irish in 1978 during an epic NCAA seminfinal against the Blue Devils, who were led by the trio of Gene Banks, Jim Spanarkel and Mike Gminski. Alll three scored over 20 points and no other Dookie hit double figures. Duke went up big in the first half, but the Irish fought back only to lose 90-86. Duke lost to the Givens-led Kentucky team in the final.

Besides Laimbeer -- who had 10 rebounds -- other members of that Irish team were Kelly Tripucka and Donald "Duck" Williams, who led the Irish with 16 points in a balanced scoring attack (see attached box score).

Gminski had a solid NBA career (primarily with the Nets), Bill Hanzlik played a long time, too, primarily with Dener and Spanarkel still color commentates for the Nets and the NCAA tourney. If you had chosen Laimbeer to be the player from the Irish who has been around the game the longest back in the day, you would've been met by open mouths.
Bill Hanzlik was on our high school basketball team (we are the same class). He was a special talent, along with his older brother Mark Hanzlik.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

I was in kindergarten, so I dont remember watching that game. :confused: . My earliest memories of following Duke was in the 1979-80 season I do remember Gminski and Banks

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Guess this thread is too far afield, not to mention too long. Please start a new recruiting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom