Non-UConn Recruiting Information | Page 134 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn Recruiting Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
#50 5-10 G Jerkaila Jordan committed to Tulane. Their highest ranked commit ever?

Nikki better have some top OOS girls lined up, it will be frustrating to watch another top LA prospect head elsewhere. I'm not surprised by this though, she has never though high of the talent in her own back yard.

Reaction Score
Nikki better have some top OOS girls lined up, it will be frustrating to watch another top LA prospect head elsewhere. I'm not surprised by this though, she has never though high of the talent in her own back yard.
Hey, at least she got Tiara Young, right? She did sign the two highest ranked players from Louisiana in 2019.

Reaction Score
Hey, at least she got Tiara Young, right? She did sign the two highest ranked players from Louisiana in 2019.

Hopefully Young can transition well. She is certainly an extremely talented kid with loads of potential. She did not face the best competition in her area but the numbers are impressive regardless. She has some developing to do still, got to watch her play AAU ball and she is going to have to develop a better midrange game to succeed in college. She is very athletic and is good driving the lane. I don't see her as someone that is going to dramatically impact a program and just elevate it year one. She will be a good little role player.

The other kid from Deridder, well I am not going to post it online on a forum but you can PM me if you like. There are some issues that will need to get resolved....

But this goes back to my issue with the recruiting. You can't have one good class, then go the next one or two of being mediocre, then sign another good class. To build a great program you have to recruit consistently to field the quality team that competes at the highest level. Hopefully we can snag a couple of good prospects. Losing Mitchell after this year will be a major loss.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Emani Jenkins, a 6-1 wing from Dallas who just committed to Wichita State, was also pursued by Purdue and Arizona. I suppose this is a good sign for WSU that they've recruited someone who got offers from P-5 schools.

Last edited:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Speaking of the high school scene in the Dallas area, people better keep an eye on DeSoto HS (south of Dallas), which figures to be the next great dynasty in Texas girls' BB.

This past season DeSoto made a run all the way to the 6A state championship game playing with a roster of 1 senior, 1 junior, 4 sophomores and 7 freshmen. More than half of their roster (including 4 of the freshmen) have received multiple D-I offers. Three of their freshmen are 6'3" or taller. It's downright scary how good this team should be for the next 3 years.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Whoa. So basically got to campus and decided it wasn't right after a few(?) weeks.

Not top 100 by ESPN or ProspectsNation

She would be eligible right away if she hasn't taken any classes, right? I know a team who could use a rebounding forward with immediate eligibility.

Reaction Score
Whoa. So basically got to campus and decided it wasn't right after a few(?) weeks.

I don’t think she made it to campus. I think she went home first and made the decision there.

Reaction Score
She would be eligible right away if she hasn't taken any classes, right? I know a team who could use a rebounding forward with immediate eligibility.

Previously, no. The LOI binds you for that 1st year. Otw the LOI is meaningless.
Whether it would be granted now is another story.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Previously, no. The LOI binds you for that 1st year. Otw the LOI is meaningless.
Whether it would be granted now is another story.

I was thinking in terms of whether she would be eligible from a NCAA perspective if Miss St. grants her a complete release from her NLI.

If she doesn't get a release, then she would be subject to the NLI penalty, which is that she would have to sit out a year and lose a year of eligibility. At least, that's the way I read it.

I was thinking of the Braxton Beverly situation, where he transferred when the coach was fired but was initially denied immediate eligibility because he had already attended a couple of summer classes before transferring.

Last edited:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Or after a few days like EDD.

Reaction Score
Or when Haley Troup left South Carolina for Mizzou.

Haley took part in Summer Classes and even went with the team to Japan before deciding to leave. Since Martinez never even took a class or practiced at Miss St I think she would be released of her LOI and allowed to play next year at her new destination.

Reaction Score
Haley took part in Summer Classes and even went with the team to Japan before deciding to leave. Since Martinez never even took a class or practiced at Miss St I think she would be released of her LOI and allowed to play next year at her new destination.
I think she got NLI release from MSST. Really do not know any reason for the decision but believe she was going to be redshirted this year unless she was 100% recovered from ACL. I think she will be immediately eligible but who really knows!

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Big get for Oregon St. First commit for '20 for them. I think they are still really hopeful they'll get 1 of Van Lith or Clark, but hard to tell how likely that is.

Tough break for Neighbors and Arkansas...but maybe a bit of karma for leaving UW with the cupboards nearly bare.

Reaction Score
E Martinez is still recovering from her ACL tear and it was expected she would likely redshirt this year. Therefore it might be a moot point. However my understanding is MSU is going to grant the release. I hate it because she is an extremely talented player.

Reaction Score
Big get for Oregon St. First commit for '20 for them. I think they are still really hopeful they'll get 1 of Van Lith or Clark, but hard to tell how likely that is.

Tough break for Neighbors and Arkansas...but maybe a bit of karma for leaving UW with the cupboards nearly bare.
I think Hailey Van Lith is still a real possibility for Oregon State. The 2020 season will be perfect for Hailey Van Lith at OSU given that Destiny Slocum and Aleah Goodman will be seniors. Hailey Van Lith's being a Washington state kid, makes OSU a very real possibility, and, Rueck and the OSU coaches are clearly successfully recruiting the kids they have targeted.

Reaction Score
Being reported at "Benny's House" that Hailey Van Lith & C. Clark will make visits to Oregon State this fall. Long time between now and then, but OSU coaches and players are great at qualifying the right kids for their WBB Program, and then, closing the deal.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds