Non-UConn Recruiting Information | Page 161 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn Recruiting Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I was thinking they have A LOT of guards committed for the next couple classes.

Also UCLA has 2 former McD AA PG who will be freshmen this year. Not exactly a position of need there for the next several years.
I just don't understand why Hailey Van Lith eliminated Oregon State. They have a huge need for guards, especially point
guards, for 2020, 2021, etc., particularly if Slocum leaves for the pros after this season which she may very well do. Ducks have a boat load of guards already. Andrews already has Louisville and Baylor on her final list. If Andrews picks one of these 2, wouldn't be surprised if Hailey Van Lith picks the other.

Matthew1589

Iowa Hawkeye Grad and Fan
Reaction Score
I just don't understand why Hailey Van Lith eliminated Oregon State. They have a huge need for guards, especially point
guards, for 2020, 2021, etc., particularly if Slocum leaves for the pros after this season which she may very well do. Ducks have a boat load of guards already. Andrews already has Louisville and Baylor on her final list. If Andrews picks one of these 2, wouldn't be surprised if Hailey Van Lith picks the other.

When did Hailey Van Lith eliminate Oregon State? Haven't seen that. Dan Olsen believes she is headed to Louisville per his ESPN article though...

Women's basketball recruiting: Predicting where the top undeclared prospects will sign

Reaction Score
Attention 2021-22 point guard recruits! Consider Oregon State where, if you are good, you will likely get tons of immediate playing time in a major leadership role as a freshman! Oregon State has a shortage of guards and especially point guards beginning in 2020...so get in while the getting is good!

Recent number of guard recruits at OSU:
2018-19 ONE shooting guard
2019-20 ZERO (not counting 1 walk-on guard)
2020-21 ONE shooting guard to date
2021-22 ZERO to date

side note: unless this changes soon, 2019 walk-on guard Noelle Mannen may get meaningful playing time after all starting in 2020.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
When did Hailey Van Lith eliminate Oregon State? Haven't seen that. Dan Olsen believes she is headed to Louisville per his ESPN article though...

Women's basketball recruiting: Predicting where the top undeclared prospects will sign

The 4 teams listed in Olson's article are the 4 teams Hailey Van Lith has scheduled official visits to. She has taken
2 already. The chances of her picking a team (Oregon State, et. al.) that is not an official visit is
extremely remote, if not zero. Since her final 2 visits were just made known, she may have made the
decision not to select OSU quite recently, or some time ago.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The 4 teams listed in Olson's article are the 4 teams Hailey Van Lith has scheduled official visits to. She has taken
2 already. The chances of her picking a team (Oregon State, et. al.) that is not an official visit is
extremely remote, if not zero.
So you’re telling me there’s a chance!

Reaction Score
Louisville has just one scholarship open for their 20-21 roster. I believe they plan on using it on either Van Lith or Andrews, I'm assuming they plan to use it on Van Lith.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Attention 2021-22 point guard recruits! Consider Oregon State where, if you are good, you will likely get tons of immediate playing time in a major leadership role as a freshman! Oregon State has a shortage of guards and especially point guards beginning in 2020...so get in while the getting is good!

Recent number of guard recruits at OSU:
2018-19 ONE shooting guard
2019-20 ZERO (not counting 1 walk-on guard)
2020-21 ONE shooting guard to date
2021-22 ZERO to date

side note: unless this changes soon, 2019 walk-on guard Noelle Mannen may get meaningful playing time after all starting in 2020.

Can't UConn and OSU work out some trades. ;) Hands off Paige though

Reaction Score
The race for Cardoso is getting tighter. Her coach said she is not visiting UCONN.

Reaction Score
Reese quoted saying, “I want to go to a school that is established and I can win a national championship while I’m there.” Neither of those three schools are in a position to win a championship...MAYBE Maryland. Also, USC is not an established program. I guess she canceled her visit to SC and declined Tenn because they have coaches who aren’t going to allow free reign. In her defense, she did say her final three have recruited her since 8th grade

Reaction Score
I think she ends up at Maryland, it makes sense. Maryland will reload with superb talent as always, what Brenda does with it remains another story.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
She puts it right into the transfer portal.

lakers.gif

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Also per her mother Sakima Walker will be announcing soon. Final 3 is Virginia Tech, Rutgers, and Cinni.

My money is on us. Plus she would go so well with Davenport.

Reaction Score
Reese quoted saying, “I want to go to a school that is established and I can win a national championship while I’m there.” Neither of those three schools are in a position to win a championship...MAYBE Maryland. Also, USC is not an established program. I guess she canceled her visit to SC and declined Tenn because they have coaches who aren’t going to allow free reign. In her defense, she did say her final three have recruited her since 8th grade

Some of the highlights and game footage I've seen of her suggest that she has a little bit of a attitude about her.

That kind of thing can go either way so it wasn't really something that gave me much pause. Sometimes, it is a positive.

Reaction Score
Some of the highlights and game footage I've seen of her suggest that she has a little bit of a attitude about her.

That kind of thing can go either way so it wasn't really something that gave me much pause. Sometimes, it is a positive.
The one thing I thought might raise a concern or red flag is when she emphasized thats a she’s a guard that she wants to grab the rebound and go. It’s not a lot of teams that’ll let you have your way especially Dawn Staley.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom