Non-UConn Recruiting Information | Page 132 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn Recruiting Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Perhaps she likes being at underachieving programs :rolleyes:

dont dare mention anything about Duke... this thread aint about duke
Mhmmm...what do we call not making the tournament in 2019 when your senior class was ranked #1 nationally out of HS?:p

I’ll give you a break because of Lambert’s injuries and Salvadores and Primm leaving, though.

Reaction Score
I could see her in the orange especially the old white jerseys that were worn during Parker’s time. Just an image in my head, no biggy.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Washington got a juco PG from Broward College in Florida. Apparently she is originally from Russia. Don't know anything else about her. They desperately needed somebody who can play the point.

To follow up on this here's the official story from UW.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
A UNC/Tenn combo is like a windmill slam dunk for you -- feeds _your_ soul & a crowd pleaser here. :D

The most amazing thing is that he's still in the league.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Interesting ESPN article on Lauren Ware. Lauren has not decided on which sport (Volleyball or BB) to play in college but a least 1 school Nebraska has mapped out a plan for her to play both.

dogged1

like a dog with a bone
Reaction Score
No offense intended to the Lady Vols and Tar Heels.

Wait a minute. Triad is worried about offending Tar Heels? Have I wandered into the original Twilight Zone.

Reaction Score
Shelby Calhoun (5-11 G Louisville, KY) has committed to Virginia Tech. She was ranked highly prior to the update but is no longer in the top-60.

Jeff, are you asleep or something? Walz has traditionally done a great job with in-state talent the past few years (Mykasa Robinson, Seygan Robbins, Lindsey Duvall).

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Maddie Scherr to Oregon. Save some for the rest of us, Kelly.

Given that Oregon is looking at many of ND's top targets (C. Clark, D. Kelly, K. Watson), I'm happy enough seeing him get commitments from players not on that list.

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score
Given that Oregon is looking at many of ND's top targets (C. Clark, D. Kelly, K. Watson), I'm happy enough seeing him get commitments from players not on that list.

At this point, I think that, for Oregon, Watson is the only serious target/possibility of the three and very much on Graves's wish list. He would of course take Clark in a heartbeat, but I suspect she's indicated that her major interests lie elsewhere. It's also likely that there is no longer room for/interest in Kelly.

Reaction Score
I called Mimi Collins going to Maryland since she is from Frese’s back yard

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Shemera Williams commits to Virginia. Recommited from Marquette after the coaching change. Huge get. Top 60 recruit.

Good get for UVA, but I have some questions on this:

- I get Williams lost the personal connection when Carolyn Kierger left to go to Penn State. Kieger ran "position-less basketball" the last few years at Marquette, which is guard's delight. I wonder if she considered Penn State? Or was the Kruger connection perhaps not that strong?

- Well, if not, was playing in hometown Marquette a draw? If so, I'm sure new Warrior coach Megan Duffy let her know that she has experience with coaching undersized, shoot-first point guards. Lauren Dickerson, all of 5'3", had great years playing under Duffy's upbeat system. at Miami of Ohio. You've got to think Duffy stressed that the 5'7" Williams would fit into the system that Duffy's going to employ in Marquette. And given that the Warriors lost all five starters, Williams could've walked into a very enviable position.

- UVA's Tina Thompson -- last I checked -- was more of a bigs coach and she just (as in within a week) hired two new assistant coaches. UVA alum Monica Wright is one of them. We'll see how that works out.

Best of luck to all concerned and hope it works out (gosh knows, UVA needs some positive hits). But I'll be watching how this goes....

Reaction Score
man that is really young
Sure is. She generated a lot of buzz recently and looks to be pretty talented. Her father played football there, so... She is also really good friends with Cox’s youngest sister.

CompSci87

Stanford fan
Reaction Score
Marta Sniezek Transfers to Notre Dame

Good job Muffet. Don't let your deeply held principles stop you. :rolleyes:
What deeply held principle should have prevented her from taking on Marta as a grad transfer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr. Cam

Top Bottom