Non-UConn Recruiting Information | Page 131 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn Recruiting Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Wooo! Bianca Jackson spot is replaced and I would call this an upgrade.

More like a wash. Shooting %s about the same. Littleton struggled at Texas particularly considering her reputation as a scorer in high school. She struggles with pace and athletic defenders.

Reaction Score
More like a wash. Shooting %s about the same. Littleton struggled at Texas particularly considering her reputation as a scorer in high school. She struggles with pace and athletic defenders.
She’ll have to sit out a year as well so it’s not really a replacement. And once she’s eligible there will be guards in front of her in the rotation....but..in her defense, her coach was Aston

Last edited:

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
I like the addition but it is an interesting landing spot. IMO, Jackson’s spot was replaced by Breanna Beal who eventually would’ve taken it from Jackson anyway.

I’m not sure where Littleton is going to fit in the rotation. She’ll come in for 2020, a class that I’m thinking will consist of two players for SC (one a big forward, the other a wing). She’s more of a SG, so it’s possible she plays on the floor with Cooke and Beal who aren’t known for their 3 point shooting, an area Littleton is.

Reaction Score
Destinee Walker to ND. (Didnt we already know this, or was it unofficial?)

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Destinee Walker to ND. (Didnt we already know this, or was it unofficial?)

She verbally committed about 3 weeks ago. For some unknown reason, it wasn't official until now.

Reaction Score
I like the addition but it is an interesting landing spot. IMO, Jackson’s spot was replaced by Breanna Beal who eventually would’ve taken it from Jackson anyway.

I’m not sure where Littleton is going to fit in the rotation. She’ll come in for 2020, a class that I’m thinking will consist of two players for SC (one a big forward, the other a wing). She’s more of a SG, so it’s possible she plays on the floor with Cooke and Beal who aren’t known for their 3 point shooting, an area Littleton is.

2020 guard rotation is only Henderson, Cooke, Beal and walk-on Olivia Thompson. If they are covering three spots, it would be a bit thin. Adding a veteran (who will have a year of practice time) into that mix probably makes a little sense. As it stands there should be enough minutes.

I haven't seen Littleton too much so don't have a sense of her game. Seems like a player that has had some development curve, but sometimes those end up being very good too.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I noticed that coach Ivey liked a tweet about 2021 Guard/Forward/Center Rayah Marshall from California, she’s playing AAU ball with Cal storm team Taurasi, I haven’t seen any schools she’s looking at but was wondering if any of the ND fans would know if she was on there radar, I hope she picks a school that will maximize her many talents and if that’s not UConn, then ND would be a good landing spot for her.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
I noticed that coach Ivey liked a tweet about 2021 Guard/Forward/Center Rayah Marshall from California, she’s playing AAU ball with Cal storm team Taurasi, I haven’t seen any schools she’s looking at but was wondering if any of the ND fans would know if she was on there radar, I hope she picks a school that will maximize her many talents and if that’s not UConn, then ND would be a good landing spot for her.

Most ND fans who follow the teams' recruiting are so immersed in the Class of 2020 and a few transfers, (including myself), we don't know much beyond Fudd for 2021 (and she's going to be out for awhile, that says something :rolleyes:).

That said, I think we'll be paying attention to who the Irish staff are taking to and/or watching during the summer tournament schedule and looking at "out of the way" trips. ND traditionally has kind of a Rte. 80 east of the Mississippi trend for a lot of it's recruiting (Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Pa., NJ, NY), with occasional trips to other states (Bri Turner in Texas, Hannah Huffman in California). So, if MM, Niele et al are spotted headed to towns like L.A., that generally means somethng.

Have not heard about Rayah Marshall interest, but that does not mean Niele is not aware of her or has seen her in the past. As a Jersey guy, my interest has been in another 6'3" forward/guard type (who can also help out underneath), Destiny Adams. Interestingly, Adams is playing with Exodus, the same team that ND commit Nat Marshall also plays for.

Last edited:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
:eek:As the creator & executive director of the Rayah Marshall bandwagon ( @Sluconn Husky will back me up on this) I would be very disappointed if she ends up at ND. Have not heard of any UCONN interest in her but I'm keeping hope alive for a UCONN recruiting connection for both her and Emily Bessior.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
2020 guard rotation is only Henderson, Cooke, Beal and walk-on Olivia Thompson. If they are covering three spots, it would be a bit think. Adding a veteran who will have practice time into that mix probably makes a little sense. As it stands there should be enough minutes.
I don't haven't seen Littleton much so don't have a sense of her. Seems like a player that had some development curve, but sometimes those end up being very good too.
Littleton should easily be part of that guard rotation because Beal is more of a wing (3) than a guard. Littleton is a high volume, low accuracy shooter however. Lack of conditioning and injuries might also hamper her.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
2020 guard rotation is only Henderson, Cooke, Beal and walk-on Olivia Thompson. If they are covering three spots, it would be a bit think. Adding a veteran who will have practice time into that mix probably makes a little sense. As it stands there should be enough minutes.

I don't haven't seen Littleton much so don't have a sense of her. Seems like a player that had some development curve, but sometimes those end up being very good too.

Absolutely right. We’re actually a little thin at guard after this season. The move makes more sense now. You should check out Littleton. If she brings just even a little bit of the scoring she brought at the high school level to SC then we’re in for a great addition. She fits Dawn’s new offense well too.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Littleton should easily be part of that guard rotation because Beal is more of a wing (3) than a guard. Littleton is a high volume, low accuracy shooter however. Lack of conditioning and injuries might also hamper her.

Yep. Improving her accuracy will be her main focus at SC. She has a good offensive skill set, she just needs work with shot selection. The last few years I noticed Dawn stopped bringing in guards that can’t score.. instead opting for players with the skill set, but just needed better coaching on when to push the issue.

And I’m not really concerned with her conditioning. We have 1 of the better strength and conditioning programs in WBB. Players leave us way in better shape than when they arrive, especially transfers that sit out (see Jennings, Gray, Davis, Cooper).

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score

Yes on the high volume part, even in high school when she kept playing and shooting even in blowouts.

I guess conditioning is part of it but she just doesn't have quick feet and that's not going to change.

Reaction Score

yes, I was saying that those guards would likely be the players covering the 1-3 positions absent any other additions. I tend to agree that Beal is a 3 most probably to start, leaving only three point guard types for two guard spots.

Well, I'm not sure we can forecast her conditioning and injuries in 2020 at the moment.

I agree 32% is not a high percentage, but players have been known to improve.

For example, I never did become a big Bianca Cuevas-Moore fan, but she followed up a 26% three point shooting year with a 37% shooting year.

Not expecting Littleton to be a star, but juniors and seniors with talent have been known to have their best seasons.

Reaction Score
yes, I was saying that those guards would likely be the players covering the 1-3 positions absent any other additions. I tend to agree that Beal is a 3 most probably to start, leaving only three point guard types for two guard spots.

Well, I'm not sure we can forecast her conditioning and injuries in 2020 at the moment.

I agree 32% is not a high percentage, but players have been known to improve.

For example, I never did become a big Bianca Cuevas-Moore fan, but she followed up a 26% three point shooting year with a 37% shooting year.

Not expecting Littleton to be a star, but juniors and seniors with talent have been known to have their best seasons.

I personally think she doesn’t need to be a star. She just needs to play her role which I’m certain she’s capable of. If she can increase her 3pt percentage and play good enough defense she will be a good asset. She had good moments at Texas and I think she can excel at SC with good coaching. As far as her conditioning goes, Molly Binetti will have her ready when she’s eligible.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I personally think she doesn’t need to be a star. She just needs to play her role which I’m certain she’s capable of. If she can increase her 3pt percentage and play good enough defense she will be a good asset. She had good moments at Texas and I think she can excel at SC with good coaching. As far as her conditioning goes, Molly Binetti will have her ready when she’s eligible.
:D So who is going to break this news to her? She was already playing a pretty good role at Texas.
That's ok don't mind me. I also predicted that Kaela Davis would not change her stripes when she arrived in Columbia, Dawn got her to play remarkable defense in stretches.

Reaction Score
:D So who is going to break this news to her? She was already playing a pretty good role at Texas. That's ok don't mind me. I also predicted that Kaela Davis would not change her stripes when she arrived in Columbia, Dawn got her to play remarkable defense in stretches.

I will give her the benefit of the doubt in her time at Texas. Not many players really excel to their ability there. I feel like she will have a better role at SC and much better players around her which will help mask her weaknesses, especially defensively. She may turn out to be a bigger pick up than people imagine.

Reaction Score
A couple Lady Vols commenting on Stephanie Watts pictures. Also see Maria Cornelius has started following. I know not to dive to deep into this but the signs are there

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
A couple Lady Vols commenting on Stephanie Watts pictures. Also see Maria Cornelius has started following. I know not to dive to deep into this but the signs are there

Perhaps she likes being at underachieving programs :rolleyes:

dont dare mention anything about Duke... this thread aint about duke

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Perhaps she likes being at underachieving programs :rolleyes:

dont dare mention anything about Duke... this thread aint about duke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online