Non-UConn Recruiting Information | Page 158 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn Recruiting Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I have to say that when ND started to equal UConn’s playing level a lot of that had to do with Skylar Diggins, yea others contributed but she influenced a lot of people in South Bend when she chose to stay home much like Aja Wilson for South Carolina—she was the turning point.

Reaction Score
Prediction’s for what it’s worth:
Reese: MD
Cardoso: Miss State
Hunt: SC
Van Lith: Louisville
Andrews: Baylor
Clark: Iowa State
D Johnson:NC State
Edwards: ND ? (Don’t even ask me lol)
Westbeld: ND
Kelly: A&M
As a Mississippi State fan I’d obviously love to have Cardoso. I’m still hopeful regarding Andrews but it is going to be tough to get her out of Texas. I think if Van Lith goes to Baylor then that could hopefully better our odds. I also think Kentucky has a good shot at Hunt.

Reaction Score
Clark is going to stay in Iowa. She can play basketball close to home, and with little pressure. Plus both schools are decently good, and she can make them an E8 team.

If she went to ND, she would be compared to Bueckers her entire college career. They are the highest rated PGs in their class, and their games are similar. Bueckers obviously is the superior player because of her athleticism and scoring abilities. It would be Paige the best player goes to UConn with the other top players vs Clark to ND with their group of players. That's one reason why I think she's hesitant on ND. She fits perfectly into the players they have, and she would be getting coached from Muffett. At ND, she'll play Bueckers at least 4 times. At the Iowa schools she may never run into them.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
The ND fans may riot

Not now that Hayes has committed. I'd still love to have Deja (if only to pay off the time I've spent over-analyzing her and her mom's twitter accounts) but having another PG in this class already makes her less of a "must have"

Now, if Westbeld picks Tennessee or Louisville...then I might be rioting.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Clark is going to stay in Iowa. She can play basketball close to home, and with little pressure. Plus both schools are decently good, and she can make them an E8 team.

If she went to ND, she would be compared to Bueckers her entire college career. They are the highest rated PGs in their class, and their games are similar. Bueckers obviously is the superior player because of her athleticism and scoring abilities. It would be Paige the best player goes to UConn with the other top players vs Clark to ND with their group of players. That's one reason why I think she's hesitant on ND. She fits perfectly into the players they have, and she would be getting coached from Muffett. At ND, she'll play Bueckers at least 4 times. At the Iowa schools she may never run into them.
If she is the competitor that she is reputed to be, the factors that you listed at the end of your message should make her salivate to go to Notre Dame. If she wants a pro career after college (and I would think she would), that would be another reason to go to South Bend.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Also look for Deja Kelly to Texas A&M
The ND fans may riot

Interesting .. the player who once committed to Texas in what (7th grade?) could possibly end up in College Station with the Aggies?

She's taking an OV to the Irish pretty much as I type, so we'll see what comes of that. ND has a commitment from 5'7" point guard Alasia Hayes, Clark is still scheduled for an OV to ND the following week, so who knows how urgent getting a signing from Kelly is. On the other hand, I don't know how any of this factors into Kelly'a or McGraw's thinking.

If Kelly does go to A&M, she'd possibly be competing with Irish transfer Jordan Nixon for playing time (Nixon is taking her transfer year and will be eligible in 2020.) At one time, there might be a tinge of coincidence and/or irony to that, but with transfers abounding these days, maybe it's just business at the offices.

Last edited:

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
I have to say that when ND started to equal UConn’s playing level a lot of that had to do with Skylar Diggins, yea others contributed but she influenced a lot of people in South Bend when she chose to stay home much like Aja Wilson for South Carolina—she was the turning point.

Agree. There are different stages of MM's career at ND, but for this past decade, the recruting of Diggins was virtually transformative in all aspects. Most important get of McGraw's and Ivey's working together. The recruiting and development of Kayla McBride was very important, too, but Sky was the "whoa, this is different" strike.

Reaction Score

I agree. I've often thought the same thing about Victoria Vivians. No way MSU gets to back to back Final Fours or wins the SEC without her. Vic had to convince her to commit, but it was pure luck that she lived an hour from campus and wanted to stay at home.

Reaction Score
I agree. I've often thought the same thing about Victoria Vivians. No way MSU gets to back to back Final Fours or wins the SEC without her. Vic had to convince her to commit, but it was pure luck that she lived an hour from campus and wanted to stay at home.
They definitely don’t get far without her, but as a marketing, fan base, recruiting stand point she didn’t have as much impact as Wilson, Diggins. All these top recruits like Ogunbowale, Loyd, Turner for ex. at ND...Davis, Gray, Cooper and all the recruits they’ve had after don’t commit to ND or SC if Diggins/Wilson didn’t commit. I think Miss St was more of coaches, players, and collective unit thing. Don’t get me wrong, she’s great but she didn’t have a Diggins like influence in my honest opinion. Jackson is probably the highest rated recruit since Vivians. I have so much respect for Vic and his staff because they didn’t get a lot of highly ranked recruits and yet they are still right there with the top teams.

Reaction Score

I thought Haley Van Lith was the player that is going to be compared to Bueckers? Well here's Clark in her own words about what is her biggest thing she looks for in the recruiting process.

All three schools plan for her to play right away, Clark said.

"And I think that’s been one of the biggest things for me in the whole recruiting process," she added. "I never wanted to go somewhere and sit down. Obviously, you’re going to have to go and work your butt off just to get playing time — I don't want anything given to me. But you definitely have to look at the roster and see, 'Are there other point guards there? Who do they have in the recruiting class already?'

Reaction Score
Prediction’s for what it’s worth:
Reese: MD
Cardoso: Miss State
Hunt: SC
Van Lith: Louisville
Andrews: Baylor
Clark: Iowa State
D Johnson:NC State
Edwards: ND ? (Don’t even ask me lol)
Westbeld: ND
Kelly: A&M

I think this is a great prediction. I have no clue on Cardoso and Edwards. Hunt is another interesting one as well I could see going a lot of different directions

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
How many scholarships does Miss State have left to offer?

Reaction Score
Madison Scott committed to Ole Miss.

Props to Raoul.

Coach Yo seems very likable and had them playing a lot better last year. Of course, I always wish misfortune for Ole Miss, but I would not mind that rivalry becoming more competitive. I just don't want it to become a toxic rivalry and go the way off the football rivalry.

Reaction Score
How many scholarships does Miss State have left to offer?
I’m not sure if you are thinking Ole Miss is a nickname for Mississippi State but Ole Miss is University of Mississippi. However regardless Mississippi State has one open scholarship left after Madison Hayes committed last week.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I’m not sure if you are thinking Ole Miss is a nickname for Mississippi State but Ole Miss is University of Mississippi. However regardless Mississippi State has one open scholarship left after Madison Hayes committed last week.

Oh... I know my Mississippi schools....... Ole Miss is the flagship school....... Miss State is little brother :p:D:cool::rolleyes:;)

shoe.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger