Non-UConn Recruiting Information | Page 110 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn Recruiting Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Shelley ad Winterburn will both be 19 years old when their freshman seasons begin at Oregon next year.

Winterburn played for Great Britain in the U17 European championships last year and averaged 13+ ppg for a team that finished near the bottom.

Shelley played for Australia in the recently completed U18 Asia championships. This is the event that qualifies teams for the U19 World Championships next summer, the Asia equivalent of the Americup event that Liv and Christyn played in over the summer. Australia finished 3rd and Shelley's stats were so-so and not what some expected to see based on her play in the U17 world championships 2 years ago. Of course, 2 years ago she played on a team that had Magbegor and Simmons (now at Oregon State).

Reaction Score
Temi Fagbenle from Blair Academy to Harvard then transfer to USC was very highly ranked and had UCONN interest at one time. Think Temi played on Minnesota this year with Maya.

Cheridene Green was JUCO college player of the year but has been on the TN bench last year mostly because of injury.

You have a generous definition of "good." :D

Reaction Score
Someone needs to get to Jordan and let her know that that signing date (November 28) is not permitted.
The early signing period for basketball begins on 14 November and ends on 21 November. If she misses that window she will have to wait until April 17th of 2019.

NLI Signing Dates

you're being way to nice....................I figure with Holly they had a 50% chance of screwing that up.............

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
British Invasion Hits Pac12! Oregon Gets Holly Winterburn from England, who was on the Raoul list of top recruits still left. She'll join Aussie Jaz Shelley in Eugene.
I wonder if she knew/knows Stanford commit Hannah Jump from the British National team program?

Non-sarcastic q:
Have there been any good English players, ever?
Honestly can't think of any. A couple of men's basketball players but drawing a blank for women.

This is the only one I can think of: Azania Stewart, who played at University of Florida.
Azania Stewart - 2011-12 Women's Basketball Roster - Florida Gators

She played for England in the Euro Games and then signed with Adelaide in the league there. The only reason I remember any of this is Natalie Novosel of ND signed with that team a bit later.

mtsuraider06

Tennessee Devotee
Reaction Score
Someone needs to get to Jordan and let her know that that signing date (November 28) is not permitted.
The early signing period for basketball begins on 14 November and ends on 21 November. If she misses that window she will have to wait until April 17th of 2019.

NLI Signing Dates

She is submitting her paperwork to Tennessee on the 14th. She is having a ceremony with others at her school on the 28th.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score

Cant say this surprised me. She was highly recruited coming out of high school and for some reason just cant find the playing time at Texas. I knew her freshman season would be tough playing behind McCarty and Sutton.

skilz

Final Four Bound!
Reaction Score
There were rumors at the end of last year that she was transferring, however it seems Aston convinced her to stay. Guess it didn't work out. She didn't get many minutes in the game last night. I'm sure she wants to play.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Maybe Baylor and Texas can do a PG Switch!!! Morris to Texas and Patterson to Baylor??? Just a thought!!!

Reaction Score
Can’t be easy for a top-5 recruit to be seeing minimal minutes off the bench as a sophomore. Aston stockpiles the talent, and that clearly doesn’t always work. Any ideas where she may end up? IIRC Oklahoma and UCLA were her other finalists. I doubt UCLA.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Texas looked sloppy on offense in their first game. Unless Baylor has some injuries, I can't see Texas coming within 10 points of them. Texas looked disorganized. Sutton did not look good and Collier got into foul trouble.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Can’t be easy for a top-5 recruit to be seeing minimal minutes off the bench as a sophomore. Aston stockpiles the talent, and that clearly doesn’t always work. Any ideas where she may end up? IIRC Oklahoma and UCLA were her other finalists. I doubt UCLA.

She's from Houston, right? How about staying home and considering Houston? If she wants to pound the books, Rice takes transfers and seems to be doing pretty well recently.

Reaction Score
She's from Houston, right? How about staying home and considering Houston? If she wants to pound the books, Rice takes transfers and seems to be doing pretty well recently.

She had some interest In Huston at one point, I think it would be a good fit since she’s probably looking for the green light where ever she goes.

Reaction Score
Another Reason to hate Holly Warlick

If you skip to the end of the article... you will see a section titled “recruiting updates.” Here, it says that Endyia Rogers has committed to Southern Cal, meanwhile she has yet to publicize anything. My guess is Rogers informed all the coaches ahead of publicizing it, which is the right thing to do. Why in the hell is Holly telling a reporter before Endyia has publicized her decision. That is so wrong.

This is all just speculation. I have no idea if this actually happened like that... but it seems the most plausible.

Reaction Score
This is all just speculation. I have no idea if this actually happened like that...

But you're going to trash her anyway.

And I would add that a player should not have much of a gap between when she reveals it privately to revealing it publicly. The chance that it will come out, inadvertantly or not, is too great.

Reaction Score
If she tells 5 coaches...she shouldn’t have to worry about it. IIRC there have been a few silent verbals in UCONN history...they have all gotten their chance to annlunce publicly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom