Non-UConn Recruiting Information | Page 104 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn Recruiting Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Pretty interesting read, primarily for Beal's candor about just the entire process, both from her end and the schools. In particular, I liked her capsules on each of the four contending schools. You can tell she knows players/other recruits at Louisville and South Carolina from AAU tourneys and it's obvious the Cardinals have been in touch with her for many years. Still, I get the impression this is a midwest girl and the B1G will be hard to get out her system. "Big fish" opportunity is Illinois but pressure might be a bit much. My gut: Michigan (still).

As per Duke dropping out of the picture: Duke did get commitments from two tall guards out of New Jersey (6'0" Jaida Patrick and 6'1" Azai Barnes), so maybe that position was filled up. But Beal is a top ten prospect.hmmm.

Time waits for no man (young lady) :rolleyes:

Anyway.... I saw Patrick at the Blue/White Scrimmage on Sunday. Coach McCallie always sits on the opposite side of the floor during these scrimmages.... and I noticed a young black lady sitting next to her in the 2nd half of the game. Took me a minute to figure out who it was. After the game she came over to the side with her future teammates. She certainly looks like a ball player. Guess its not that bad of a drive from New Jersey to Durham (6-7 hours), so perhaps she will be in attendance for future games.

Reaction Score

Anyway.... I saw Patrick at the Blue/White Scrimmage on Sunday. Coach McCallie always sits on the opposite side of the floor during these scrimmages.... and I noticed a young black lady sitting next to her in the 2nd half of the game. Took me a minute to figure out who it was. After the game she came over to the side with her future teammates. She certainly looks like a ball player. Guess its not that bad of a drive from New Jersey to Durham (6-7 hours), so perhaps she will be in attendance for future games.

I've watched Patrick from up close many times in tournaments and when her team has played against my daughter's team..................they'll actually be scrimmaging each other in about a month..............she's very athletic, a good offensive rebounder and has a nice mid range game.................her outside shot has also improved................also a very nice person...............her numbers would be more impressive but she tends to play second fiddle to Michelle Sidor (Michigan) who likes to shoot...........a lot..................I think it may take a bit of time but she should be a solid college player...........BTW ESPN lists her as a guard but she really plays on the wing or as a four most of the time................not sure what is planned for her in college........

Last edited:

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score

I'll make sure to see her Saddle River Day team play at least once this season to see her, Michelle Sidor (Michigan) and other D1 recruits. They'll be one of the top teams in NJ this season.

Reaction Score
I'll make sure to see her Saddle River Day team play at least once this season to see her, Michelle Sidor (Michigan) and other D1 recruits. They'll be one of the top teams in NJ this season.

yup.....................four DI starters with possibly two more on the bench

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
interesting mix of schools there:

Someone posted a story on this awhile back that the interest from Baylor was, well, a surprise. Maybe Kim thinks she's a Pennsylvanian version of Kristy Wallace or maybe Maddie Cable. But Baylor and Duquesne are not two schools you often find in the same sentence.

Reaction Score
PN list Patrick as a Power Forward, I’m also curious about where she will play in college.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I've watched Patrick from up close many times in tournaments and when her team has played against my daughter's team...they'll actually be scrimmaging each other in about a month....she's very athletic, a good offensive rebounder and has a nice mid range game.......her outside shot has also improved......also a very nice person.....her numbers would be more impressive but she tends to play second fiddle to Michelle Sidor (Michigan) who likes to shoot......a lot...I think it may take a bit of time but she should be a solid college player......BTW ESPN lists her as a guard but she really plays on the wing or as a four most of the time......not sure what is planned for her in college...
]

If I were to guess.... she would be a 3

PN list Patrick as a Power Forward, I’m also curious about where she will play in college.

Power Forward? :eek:

Reaction Score
Well, if she wants to stay home, Duquesne has a much better program than Pitt currently. Suzie McConnell really built up the Duquesne program, then she left it for Pitt and was repeatedly beat by them in the City Game. Of course the difference is the ACC vs. A-10. I was hoping she would consider Pitt with their new coach.

Penn State also not too far from Pittsburgh and they have a much better program at the P5 level if she is looking to stay close to home (so does WVU, but she didn’t include them).

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
UConn player of interest Taylor Bigby (2021) just received an offer from, who else, Louisville.

Reaction Score
In respect to similar situations like seem to be playing out at Oregon St where they have multiple tall players, is that you have someone to practice against every day. That is what makes you better and prepares you for the next level of competition. While this holds true for all players, for taller players that is especially applicable. They seldom meet their equal so they can get by with just their height and don't develop skills or technique they will need at their next level of competition.

Reaction Score
Louisville women land commitment from Japanese star

Louisville adds 2019 Japanese prospect Norika Konna. Also in the running for int’l prospect Laeticia Amihere and a 2020 int’l commit.

I swear they have the most scholarships of any school in america. They pitch that fishnet wide and far and bring whatever they can saddle in on home. Regardless if they leave after their first season .

Reaction Score
It works a lot better than being eliminated in the 2nd round by DePaul. Last 4 years L’ville lost to:

‘15 Dayton - Sweet 16
‘16 DePaul - 2nd round
‘17 Baylor - Sweet 16 (by 33)
‘18 Miss St - Final Four

In general terms unless L’ville reaches Elite Eight the season is not successful. Final Four huge success. Three of the last 4 years were not successful. Definitely not because of all out effort on Walz part. Just bad chemistry which is part of his job until last year when they were really good.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown