Non-UConn Recruiting Information | Page 102 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn Recruiting Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Broughton and Davenport will be special for three years. CVS and staff has really been recruiting hard, so hopefully Jackson will be next.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Good for her. Hope she has a good career there. Will be interesting if Jackson commits there too

Zippy Broughton, another Alabama native, there as a frosh at PG. Now, Davenport as a center. You're right...time for a wing. One like Jackson would be phenomenal for C. Viv's program.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
And at some point in the not so distant past, the bench was close to empty in Ohio.

The immediate fix was grad transfers, and plenty of them: 6 to be exact. That's half of the roster on the OSU website. One senior plus three frosh:
- Jani Crooms, 5'10" dombo guard from Rhode island (#62 HG);
- Dorkha Jurhasz, 6'4" forward from Hungary (#12 in PN's International List of 2018)
- Aaliyah Petty, a 6'3" forward listed from Illinois.

So, first-year grad students and true freshmen make up 3/4 of the Buckeye's roster. This may be one of those "do I want to watch" or "turn off the tv" seasons. It will be interesting to see if Jensen Caretti delivers on the promise she showed her last year in HS (kind of came out of left field if I recall). If she does, if Crooms has a solid first year, there could be some talent there in the fall of 2019. *

I'll leave it to others to address the coaching they'll receive.

* And I'm always intrigued to see how international talent pans out....
Dillon77, I am curious. What is a dombo guard? Jani Crooms must be special.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Dillon77, I am curious. What is a dombo guard? Jani Crooms must be special.

I misspelled it. "Dumbo" guards are ones that can hover in the air for unusual amounts of time, much like the famed Disney pachyderm. :rolleyes:;)

Crooms went to the same high school as ND's star forward Bonzi Colson and apparently is a pretty good combo guard (oh, there's that word). Will be interesting to see how she does this year at "grad u" in Columbus.

Last edited:

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Kennedy Brown has stated that she wants to be a 4 in college. For that reason don’t count out Oregon State.

Reaction Score
She would likely never see time at the 5 at OSU with Patricia Morris and Taylor Jones being more true 5’s. Not sure how they will use Aquino, but it will be interesting to see a 6’9 regularly spotting up for a 3. Aquino and Brown both seem extremely versatile

Reaction Score
She would likely never see time at the 5 at OSU with Patricia Morris and Taylor Jones being more true 5’s. Not sure how they will use Aquino, but it will be interesting to see a 6’9 regularly spotting up for a 3. Aquino and Brown both seem extremely versatile

the Aquino I remember in high school preferred shooting from the foul line and out which my kid's team much appreciated since their tallest player was 5'10"...............

Dillon77

Reaction Score
the Aquino I remember in high school preferred shooting from the foul line and out which my kid's team much appreciated since their tallest player was 5'10".....

As another NJ-based Boneyarder who has seen Aquino play in HS, she likes that are around the elbow, for sure. And I wouldn't be surprised if that range has extended.

Reaction Score
And her stroke is very attractive for 6’9. I would say that this is the year where she may have to play the 5, but once Patricia Morris develops I think she and Taylor Jones will be the true 5’s. Taylor Jones is slightly undersized (not compared to Gabby Williams) at the 5, but has like a 7’2 wingspan and is quick.

Reaction Score
Kennedy Brown, ESPNW's #19 in the Class of 2019, is scheduled to make her decision known to the public next Saturday, October 27. The 6'6" Brown, shown in a photo accessible in the link below that includes 6'9" frosh Andrea Aquino and 6'7" frosh Patricia Morris, has taken official visits to Oregon State, Oregon, UCLA, and Oklahoma. Not shown in the photo is 6'8" senior center Joanna Grymek. Grymek is a juco transfer whose first season with the Beavers was spent backing up Marie Gulich during '17-'18.

More about Brown's official visit this past weekend to Corvallis is included in the article accessible below.

BeaversEdge.com - WBB: Following OSU visit, 5-star Kennedy Brown set to make decision

Reaction Score
Kennedy Brown, ESPNW's #19 in the Class of 2019, is scheduled to make her decision known to the public next Saturday, October 27. The 6'6" Brown, shown in a photo accessible in the link below that includes 6'9" frosh Andrea Aquino and 6'7" frosh Patricia Morris, has taken official visits to Oregon State, Oregon, UCLA, and Oklahoma. Not shown in the photo is 6'8" senior center Joanna Grymek. Grymek is a juco transfer whose first season with the Beavers was spent backing up Marie Gulich during '17-'18.

More about Brown's official visit this past weekend to Corvallis is included in the article accessible below.

BeaversEdge.com - WBB: Following OSU visit, 5-star Kennedy Brown set to make decision

I hear she now wants to be a point guard..................:rolleyes:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score

So does that bode well for OSU that her decision is coming so quickly after her visit there?

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
This is the day Blackwell said she would announce her commitment but, it's all quiet here in St. Louis.

Reaction Score
So does that bode well for OSU that her decision is coming so quickly after her visit there?
I sure hope so...OSU would have a couple of very solid 2019 recruits if Kennedy joins Taylor Jones at OSU. I understand that Taylor Jones and Kennedy Brown are well acquainted. These 2019 recruits would get to play 2-years with Destiny Slocum, Aleah Goodman, and Taya Corosdale, and 1-year with the likes of Mikayla Pivec & Kat Tudor, and 3-years with Andrea Acquino, Patricia Morris, and Jasmine Simmons. If Rueck and his team are successful, OSU is in good shape for years to come.

Reaction Score
I sure hope so...OSU would have a couple of very solid 2019 recruits if Kennedy joins Taylor Jones at OSU. I understand that Taylor Jones and Kennedy Brown are well acquainted. These 2019 recruits would get to play 2-years with Destiny Slocum, Aleah Goodman, and Taya Corosdale, and 1-year with the likes of Mikayla Pivec & Kat Tudor, and 3-years with Andrea Acquino, Patricia Morris, and Jasmine Simmons. If Rueck and his team are successful, OSU is in good shape for years to come.

Rarely do you get a recruit picking between FSU and Oregon State, but that seems to be what happened with Taylor Jones. FSU really could of used here size being so guard heavy.

Reaction Score
Big time get for Missouri!

Would seem so.

I’m the odd USC fan that isn’t that fired up about Mizzou.

Good for them I guess.

If the league is going to have three teams it might as well have eight to make things interesting.

Reaction Score
Would seem so.

I’m the odd USC fan that isn’t that fired up about Mizzou.

Good for them I guess.

If the league is going to have three teams it might as well have eight to make things interesting.
I agree with you on Mizzou. They were not a good team at the end of the year.
Sophie is a good not GREAT scorer. More teams are getting in on top girls recruiting. Good job by Mizzou. Wealth is being spread out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom