Non-UConn Recruiting Information | Page 101 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn Recruiting Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
I'm predicting Davenport and Blackwell to Louisville (both are announcing tomorrow) , with one more of Amihere or Jackson.

Jenny -- how many incoming players can Louisville accommodate on it's roster in 2019?

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Does anyone have a link to current class rankings? Thanks.

Reaction Score
Brown would be an interesting fit at OSU.
Aquino - 6’9
Morris - 6’7
Brown - 6’6
Jones - 6’3
Corosdale - 6’3
That would be a lot of 4/5s in 3 classes.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Brown would be an interesting fit at OSU.
Aquino - 6’9
Morris - 6’7
Brown - 6’6
Jones - 6’3
Corosdale - 6’3
That would be a lot of 4/5s in 3 classes.

Yeah, definitely doesn't appear to be a position of need at this point. They're fairly set in the backcourt for 2-3 years as well. Will need another PG eventually but not a necessity for the '19 class.

edited--but you take talent when you can get it. I think they remain interested in Brink and Dalayah Daniels in the '20 class. Still wouldn't be a position of need but they'd be happy to get either one.

Reaction Score
Kennedy Brown on an official visit to Oregon St. this weekend per one of their message boards.
It is going to be sunny & 75 this weekend in Corvallis, OR. If anyone has been on the OSU campus in the fall, sunny & 75.....well, it is beautiful. OSU vs Cal football game to boot. I think this is her last official visit. I won't be surprised if we have another tall girl committing to OSU after this weekend. Rueck his staff, and the players, are great recruiters once the kids get on campus. OSU has not had many visits this year (super selective), and seem to sign the kids that have made a previous visit, like Kennedy Brown.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
I'm predicting Davenport and Blackwell to Louisville (both are announcing tomorrow) , with one more of Amihere or Jackson.
I hope your wrong and Davenport comes to Rutgers to play with last years Alabama Miss Basketball Zippy Broughton. Fingers and toes crossed.

Reaction Score
Last edited:

jennyo70

Loo'ville Lady
Reaction Score
I believe Blackwell changed her announcement date to the 22nd.

Yes, and that concerns me. Will be interesting to see what happens tomorrow with Davenport and then on Tuesday. But I don’t think it is a good sign. (I made my prediction public a few hours too soon).

Re: roster
This season we have 13 players ( with the departure of Kakala, which was a shock to me). 4 graduate, which will bring our numbers to 9. (One of those 9 is a walk-on who has a scholly. )

Two verbals ( Green and Parker) = 11 for 2019.
In theory, we could take 4 more. I am not saying we will, or that I would even be in favor of it. But, we could take a total of 6 in the class.

Dillon77

Reaction Score

And at some point in the not so distant past, the bench was close to empty in Ohio.

The immediate fix was grad transfers, and plenty of them: 6 to be exact. That's half of the roster on the OSU website. One senior plus three frosh:
- Jani Crooms, 5'10" dombo guard from Rhode island (#62 HG);
- Dorkha Jurhasz, 6'4" forward from Hungary (#12 in PN's International List of 2018)
- Aaliyah Petty, a 6'3" forward listed from Illinois.

So, first-year grad students and true freshmen make up 3/4 of the Buckeye's roster. This may be one of those "do I want to watch" or "turn off the tv" seasons. It will be interesting to see if Jensen Caretti delivers on the promise she showed her last year in HS (kind of came out of left field if I recall). If she does, if Crooms has a solid first year, there could be some talent there in the fall of 2019. *

I'll leave it to others to address the coaching they'll receive.

* And I'm always intrigued to see how international talent pans out....

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Yes, and that concerns me. Will be interesting to see what happens tomorrow with Davenport and then on Tuesday. But I don’t think it is a good sign. (I made my prediction public a few hours too soon).

Re: roster
This season we have 13 players ( with the departure of Kakala, which was a shock to me). 4 graduate, which will bring our numbers to 9. (One of those 9 is a walk-on who has a scholly. )

Two verbals ( Green and Parker) = 11 for 2019.
In theory, we could take 4 more. I am not saying we will, or that I would even be in favor of it. But, we could take a total of 6 in the class.

Thanks for the update, Jenny, I'll be paying attention to see how those announcements pan out, for sure.

ND's roster situation, like Louisville, will dip precipitously, with the loss of four starters and one walk on. At this time, ND will have seven scholarship players, one walk on (although that player, guard Katie Cole just had knee surgery) and thus far has two verbal commitments for 9. The Irish are "in the hunt" for two remaining prospects who could add cake and frosting to that roster. If not, it will be bare bones (but very good bare bones) in 2019-2020 and pedal to the metal for the class of 2020. So far, one commit there (guard Alli Campbell).

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I believe Blackwell changed her announcement date to the 22nd.
Correct. There is a big article on her and her late father on the front page of the St. Louis Post Dispatch sports page today. It states that Missouri is among her top two of her remaining top three choices. I don't know how to post a link.

Reaction Score
Good for her. Hope she has a good career there. Will be interesting if Jackson commits there too

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Correct. There is a big article on her and her late father on the front page of the St. Louis Post Dispatch sports page today. It states that Missouri is among her top two of her remaining top three choices. I don't know how to post a link.

Just copy the URL address of the webpage in the browser and paste as text into the BY field. See snapshot below.

1540059547389.png

Desired link.

BenFred: Basketball standout carries on her father's name — and his talent — with pride

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom