Non-UConn Recruiting Information | Page 127 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn Recruiting Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not getting my hopes up. We seem to make a lot of top 10 lists but never actually get them. Its like window shopping.
It is a very diverse list - for sure. Volleyball powers like Minnesota, Florida, Texas. Pac-12 schools like Oregon, Arizona, and Arizona State. NC State and LSU certainly stick out as odd choices.

Reaction Score
Guess we’ll be seeing her twin sister in the AAC. Both had committed to Washington State last season.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score

Not an everyday thing you see. What an athlete.

A few of those schools are not much in the volleyball department. She's running the gamut there, some national powerhouse programs, some decent middle of the pack in the best conferences and others just...?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Some news from my area. They announced the AP All-State High School teams yesterday... One of the girls from my city/county who is headed to VPI... Cayla King was named to the team..... despite missing part of the season with an high ankle sprain. Her teammate and fellow VPI signee Elizabeth Kitley torn her ACL in August.... and didnt play this year. Of note...... the 6'4 Kitley shared the Area Player of the Year last season with Elizabeth Cunane... and was higher ranked than Cunane on Hoopgurlz.

In addition... its not often that a Big South school gets a state player of the year to commit... but the NC Co-Player of the Year Callie Scheier is headed to High Point University...to play for MY Panthers :cool:

One more member of the All-State team from my county.... Anaia Hoard... is headed to Wake Forest. She is from France.... but attends a private school in High Point. Looked it up... and she played on the French U-16 and U-17 squad.. Wake Forest needs all the help they can get... and it definitely helped that Hoard's older brother played for Wake this past year..... though he is testing the NBA waters.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score

Cal transfer Kianna Smith is visiting Louisville this weekend.

Reaction Score

Cal transfer Kianna Smith is visiting Louisville this weekend.

Did someone commit to Louisville today? The whole team tweeted that same tweet and Walz responded to all of em.

Reaction Score
@Dillon77 @Orangutan Destinee Walker reportedly on a visit at Notre Dame.
83F66F8A-803C-4811-868E-E820478C0172.jpeg

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
@Dillon77 @Orangutan Destinee Walker reportedly on a visit at Notre Dame.

Saw that just now via Raoul's twitter but good find on the instagram story. I had checked her twitter but hadn't looked up her IG handle.

That's an interesting one - 5 star talent coming out of HS that has missed basically two straight seasons.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Nat Marshall also visiting ND this weekend

View attachment 42280

@Dillon77 @DaBball

Let's hope she can see though the 40-degree temps and constant rain that I saw while watching the ND-Cornell Men's Lax Game. "Really, Nat, the perma-cloud usually stops by, oh, mid-May :rolleyes:"

Had read/heard this was part of the plan (OV's in April). Glad to see it.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
@Dillon77 @Orangutan Destinee Walker reportedly on a visit at Notre Dame. View attachment 42278

Thanks DaBall. Greatly appreciated. As Orangutan said, definite "mutual interest" at some point, but she headed to NC and has had a steady history of injuries. Irish need an outside-shooting guard to help out the "young-un's" for sure, but I thought the Irish mighti've looked at Stephanie Watts, who has a proven track record (particularly from "three point land"). We'll see...

Reaction Score
A new Crystal ball has Cardoso headed to Mississippi state, if that happens, Marshall heads to ND or Stanford, would leave Gusters as the only 2020 post target left for UConn?

Reaction Score
A new Crystal ball has Cardoso headed to Mississippi state, if that happens, Marshall heads to ND or Stanford, would leave Gusters as the only 2020 post target left for UConn?
I wouldn’t look into it a whole lot. Cardoso has been impossible to read. I think that is likely just because she took and Official Visit this weekend and she is good friends with Esmery Martinez.

Reaction Score
The Daniels kids for Washington has been shown UConn interest I believe, with her skill set being more of a face up four, she might be a nice fit next to ONO inside, Reese could also be a four at UConn.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
More from NC. I was curious when I read that their were AP co-players of the year.... the other co-player is a kid out of Wilmington named Saniya Rivers...... from Micheal Jordan's old high school. I looked at her stats...particularly the rebounding numbers... and assumed she was a post player. Turns out she's a 5'10 guard.. and just a sophomore. :eek: There was an article in the Wilmington paper

All-Area Girls Basketball: Saniya Rivers turns into national star with terrific sophomore season

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
More from NC. I was curious when I read that their were AP co-players of the year.... the other co-player is a kid out of Wilmington named Saniya Rivers. from Micheal Jordan's old high school. I looked at her stats...particularly the rebounding numbers... and assumed she was a post player. Turns out she's a 5'10 guard.. and just a sophomore. :eek: There was an article in the Wilmington paper

All-Area Girls Basketball: Saniya Rivers turns into national star with terrific sophomore season
@triaddukefan you need to check in the recruiting thread at least one in a while. We have been biggin up
Saniya Rivers there for well over a year now.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
More from NC. I was curious when I read that their were AP co-players of the year.... the other co-player is a kid out of Wilmington named Saniya Rivers. from Micheal Jordan's old high school. I looked at her stats...particularly the rebounding numbers... and assumed she was a post player. Turns out she's a 5'10 guard.. and just a sophomore. :eek: There was an article in the Wilmington paper

@triaddukefan you need to check in the recruiting thread at least one in a while. We have been biggin up
Saniya Rivers there for well over a year now.

As an aside, Saniya Rivers plays AAU basketball for the Carolina Flames, which is the same AAU program as Tennessee signee Tamari Key (2019), her sister Teonni Key (2021), and Kennedy Todd-Williams (2020; UNC commit).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom