Non UConn College WBB News | Page 36 | The Boneyard

Non UConn College WBB News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Good for her for owning her behavior. One thing those two shots did for her last year was put her even more in the public eye. So a lot of people saw what she did and I am sure were disappointed. Growing moment for her!

Centerstream

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but
Reaction Score
I am guessing that there is not going to be any further actions from the coaches, AD or ACC officials? Then again, maybe no other actions are required because she was not ejected from the game even though if anyone actually reviewed her actions over the course of the entire game....:eek:

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I am guessing that there is not going to be any further actions from the coaches, AD or ACC officials? Then again, maybe no other actions are required because she was not ejected from the game even though if anyone actually reviewed her actions over the course of the entire game....:eek:
If there were any action, it wouldn't be announced in the press, nor should it be. No need to humiliate anyone.

Reaction Score
Pretty generous to say she "competed at the highest level as a head coach in the ACC at Clemson University." Really? Going 9-70 can be described as competing?
Butler already improving that program

Reaction Score
the vast majority of ND fans were not at all pleased with her behavior and thus:

She went to a Catholic High Sch in Milwaukee and chose ND so she could continue her Catholic education. Her words. Now she turns on the charm in her tweet. Great example. Better idea than the apology - just don’t intentionally undercut or trip players or have a foul mouth. Humble yourself and give ND fans mature sportsmanship they can be proud of the rest of the year. I don’t pull for UConn but I sure like something about their players. Class with a cap C

Last edited:

IWearShoes

Mississippi State
Reaction Score
Is that CD's mom who responded?

Gotta be. I'm glad she apologized and hope she meant it, but also have no problem with others calling out her behavior. It was ridiculous and dangerous and that message needs to get through loud and clear.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Zaay Green was SEC Freshman of the week.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
She's losing eligibility for Sr. season of high school because of someone else's mistake? That's a shame.

Reaction Score
Dawn said that sitting out two years (injury + transfer year) would not be a great student athlete experience for her. Being suspended a year for fighting at Tennessee would not be a great student athlete experience either.

What a bizarre argument. The NCAA will probably grant the waiver.
I just hope Dawn thought of the meaning of integrity when coming w a ridiculous argument.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
That seems so unfair but that is BAMA! Hope this gets worked out so she can play her senior year.
That is hilarious. I am not a native Alabamian, but when i moved here years ago I quickly learned that there was a stock reply here. Whenever anyone mentions some negative ranking or situation taking place in this state, their first response is always "Thank God for Mississippi". Oh the irony of life! ;) Having that out of the way, there is a pattern of strange behavior in ASHAA. Very restrictive rulings are not rare, and they are not always randomly applied. I mean, this is the same bunch that ruled Willie Mays ineligible in the 1940's. Head bang Not sure , but some of them may literally be the same bunch. This place has a terrible history , but to be spurned by Mississippi? Really? Come on! :rolleyes: Anywhere but Mississippi! It is my personal belief that those cowbells render them senseless! :p:p:p:p:p

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
That is hilarious. I am not a native Alabamian, but when i moved here years ago I quickly learned that there was a stock reply here. Whenever anyone mentions some negative ranking or situation taking place in this state, their first response is always "Thank God for Mississippi". Oh the irony of life! ;) Having that out of the way, there is a pattern of strange behavior in ASHAA. Very restrictive rulings are not rare, and they are not always randomly applied. I mean, this is the same bunch that ruled Willie Mays ineligible in the 1940's. Head bang Not sure , but some of them may literally be the same bunch. This place has a terrible history , but to be spurned by Mississippi? Really? Come on! :rolleyes: Anywhere but Mississippi! It is my personal belief that those cowbells render them senseless! :p:p:p:p:p

I had a reply in mind.... but for the sake of this thread.... imma keep it to myself :cool:

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
I had a reply in mind.... but for the sake of this thread.... imma keep it to myself :cool:
That is probably best. Get some Spam and chill by the fire. Maybe chew a little Juicyfruit. It's good for the soul!

IWearShoes

Mississippi State
Reaction Score
I'm simply immune to all but the most asinine or evil derogatory remarks about my home state. Been hearing them all my life. I've been all over and lived quite a few places. If it makes someone else feel better to think Mississippi sucks and to say so, who am I to spoil their fun. I like it here, warts and all.

Oh, and IWearShoes.

Reaction Score
I'm simply immune to all but the most asinine or evil derogatory remarks about my home state. Been hearing them all my life. I've been all over and lived quite a few places. If it makes someone else feel better to think Mississippi sucks and to say so, who am I to spoil their fun. I like it here, warts and all.

Oh, and IWearShoes.
Shoes, I am a native Mississippian who lives in Florida. I love my home state and my university. I to have heard the Mississippi jokes but when it comes to absolute nuts they all seem to reside in Alabama especially around the BAMA and Auburn colleges, one of the nuts even poisoned the trees around Auburn. Another thing, watch out for Alabama drivers, they often forget the rules of the road.

IWearShoes

Mississippi State
Reaction Score
Shoes, I am a native Mississippian who lives in Florida. I love my home state and my university. I to have heard the Mississippi jokes but when it comes to absolute nuts they all seem to reside in Alabama especially around the BAMA and Auburn colleges, one of the nuts even poisoned the trees around Auburn. Another thing, watch out for Alabama drivers, they often forget the rules of the road.

I'm sure you've heard it all too. Not gonna disparage AL drivers because I experience terrible driving in every state.

I will say that Alabama's football success has created a level of expectation and arrogance in some of that fanbase that's difficult to tolerate. The tree killer Harvey Myrick being the poster boy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom