Non UConn College WBB News | Page 28 | The Boneyard

Non UConn College WBB News

Status
Not open for further replies.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
They’re in costume for Halloween. I suspect it is the first and last time they both wear SC uniforms.

I have no idea who the 2nd girl is... I assume one of them is A. Boston. Sidenote.... I wish college players could have uniform numbers above 5, 15, 25, et al.

Reaction Score
I have no idea who the 2nd girl is... I assume one of them is A. Boston. Sidenote.... I wish college players could have uniform numbers above 5, 15, 25, et al.

Thats aaliyah boston and haley jones .

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Digits above 5 are not allowed in high school and WCBB in the United States. So you will not see a 6, 7, 8, or 9. It has to do with the hand signals officials give to the table to identify the player who committed a foul. I could explain more but I won't unless someone asks.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Digits above 5 are not allowed in high school and WCBB in the United States. So you will not see a 6, 7, 8, or 9. It has to do with the hand signals officials give to the table to identify the player who committed a foul. I could explain more but I won't unless someone asks.

I feel smarter. :) Thanks.

Now if you can explain why the players exchange towels when being subbed? :confused:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I feel smarter. :) Thanks.

Now if you can explain why the players exchange towels when being subbed? :confused:
So there will not be too many players on the floor. It happens.
Substituted players can always grab a towel on the bench. While I’m not sure who first started the practice of handing off towels during substitutions, the reason it’s done is twofold: to insure the correct player is substituted for and for the departing player to communicate their defensive assignment to the incoming player.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Ugggghh??? Would you rather she be rude and not thank the current Olympic coach for a visit? Isn’t this the exact same thing she did after visiting ND and Ohio State?

Yes, she's consistently polite. Nice to see.

Last edited:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Yes, she's consistent.
Well, one thing I can guarantee is that there will not be any photos of Boston & Jones in UConn uniforms during their visit to Storrs this weekend, although I certainly expect photos with Geno, CD & the gang.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Well, one thing I can guarantee is that there will not be any photos of Boston & Jones in UConn uniforms during their visit to Storrs this weekend, although I certainly expect photos with Geno, CD & the gang.

My intent was to confirm/answer UConnCat's spot-on point that Ms. Boston was being polite and thanking her hosts for her visits, as she had at ND and OSU. If that was not clear, I went back and amended it. In no way shape or form would I choose for this board to revisit the photo discourse that ran rampant for a bit. That one was....Head bang :rolleyes:

And I fully expect Aliyah and/or her family to do the same after their visit to UConn...regardless of the nature of the photographs. ;)

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
My intent was to confirm/answer UConnCat's point that Ms. Boston was being polite and thanking her hosts for her visits, as she had at ND and OSU. If that was not clear, I went back and amended it. In no way shape or form would I choose for this board to revisit the photo discourse that ran rampant for a bit. That one was....Head bang :rolleyes:

And I fully expect Aliyah and/or her family to do the same after their visit to UConn...regardless of the nature of the photographs. ;)
Sorry for my knee jerk reaction. Normally I’m fairly indifferent to much of what goes on during the recruiting courtship dance, but I absolutely hate the practice of outfitting HS recruits in team uniforms. Considering how many top teams are doing it, I guess I will have to get over it. :(

Reaction Score
not WBB but a fun clip as retweeted by Haley Jones...................the guy just doesn't like to lose..................ever.............;

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
not WBB but a fun clip as retweeted by Haley Jones....the guy just doesn't like to lose...ever...;

Uhhm. Ok. He's the GOAT. So the lesson is his victory is more important than kids getting free pizza. Got it.

Just like any NBA player running a camp who likes to block kids who want to score a layup on their hero.

Lets make it interesting for Michael and let him go against Lou (or Azzi Fudd - much to Steph's regret ;)) .

Yes. I know I am sounding like a humorless soul but some of this stuff just rubs me the wrong way.

Reaction Score
Uhhm. Ok. He's the GOAT. So the lesson is his victory is more important than kids getting free pizza. Got it.

Just like any NBA player running a camp who likes to block kids who want to score a layup on their hero.

Lets make it interesting for Michael and let him go against Lou (or Azzi Fudd - much to Steph's regret ;)) .

Yes. I know I am sounding like a humorless soul but some of this stuff just rubs me the wrong way.

I played golf with Jordan and Sir Charles in Miami a few years ago....................you just have no idea how competitive he is....................

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I played golf with Jordan and Sir Charles in Miami a few years ago.....you just have no idea how competitive he is.....

Yes. I am sure he is pathologically competitive. I just question if it is ideal to be so competitive in every walk of life.

Reaction Score
I played golf with Jordan and Sir Charles in Miami a few years ago.....you just have no idea how competitive he is.....
My family did as well a few decades ago. Let's just say he likes to bet on everything. Lol.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I have no idea who the 2nd girl is... I assume one of them is A. Boston.
Seriously? When Haley down selected her list of schools to 7 Duke made the down select along with UConn, Notre Dame, South Carolina, Texas, Oregon, Stanford, Louisville, Texas. Haley made unofficial visits to all of them and all made in home visits EXCEPT Duke.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yes. I am sure he is pathologically competitive. I just question if it is ideal to be so competitive in every walk of life.
Ideal for a normal family life, or ideal for being the GOAT in anything? No genius/savant/superstar has a balanced life - they are all pathologically obsessed, otherwise they wouldn't be the best at what they do.

Regarding WBB, I suspect 'normal life' for these high school #1 recruits UConn brings in ended before they were 12. Like one 'normal' basketball parent said, "UConn isn't taking regular kids."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom