Non UConn College WBB News | Page 33 | The Boneyard

Non UConn College WBB News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That's an interesting game to bring up in criticism of Texas. Baylor is loaded with talent and struggled to beat an ASU team that doesn't have anywhere near the size or talent of Baylor. So....Mulkey is better than Aston but still not getting the most out of her team?

ASU also beat Stanford. UNT is in Conference USA not the PAC 12. UNT went 17-14 last year while not competing in a P5 conference. I don't see a comparison. Texas being a top 110/11 team with just as many stars any of the other top teams. Baylor played their 3rd game of the season on the road against a PAC 12 that will cause some stir this season in that conference and that is also a Top 25 team.

All while Oregon at home barely scraped by #18 Syracuse. They also have the favorite for POY candidate.

Reaction Score
ASU is a fine team. ASU will benefit as much as Baylor from Showdown on the Rez.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
BU--I'm very familiar w/ ASU. They are a gritty, scrappy team that's no fun to play against. There is however a large talent gap between ASU and Baylor, you can't deny that.

Reaction Score
BU--I'm very familiar w/ ASU. They are a gritty, scrappy team that's no fun to play against. There is however a large talent gap between ASU and Baylor, you can't deny that.

But comparing it as a similar situation with UT vs UNT is even more silly. If you were so familiar with them then not sure why you made the comparison to a gritty PAC 12 with a sub par Conf USA team. UNT didn't even finish in the top 200 last season based on RPI. I just don't think they are comparable games at all.

Now BU vs ASU and Oregon vs Syracuse....now those games you can compare.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Yes, ASU is obviously vastly superior to North Texas. Texas struggling against UNT is not the same as Baylor struggling against ASU, pointed conceded. But both did struggle.

Reaction Score
Yes, ASU is obviously vastly superior to North Texas. Texas struggling against UNT is not the same as Baylor struggling against ASU, pointed conceded. But both did struggle.

Yes that is fair. However, much more concerning if I am a Texas fan. However, as a BU I liked that they had an early test and fell behind to learn how to stay calm and come back. Also, because we will see so many defensive strategies against Brown and Cox it was nice to see them have adversity and find a way around it.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Dawn is putting together a nice recruiting class. Is this a bit of a delayed reaction to their Championship in '17?

Reaction Score
Dawn is putting together a nice recruiting class. Is this a bit of a delayed reaction to their Championship in '17?
I think her coaching and style are key, they have a great fan base, but let's be real, these girls will see major playing time and they know it. Congrats to Dawn.

Reaction Score

Delayed? It's only been 18 months. And arguably you can't even count the 1st signing period after a NC -- the process is too far along. But players who were sophs or younger probably hadn't narrowed their lists (or not much), so SC's title could get attention.

Reaction Score
that pesky little Mabrey, yes the one who went unranked by Hoppgurlz that just wasn't good enough for a top ten team had another productive game for VaTech...........26 point on 9-14 shooting, 4-6 from three point land............gotta be one of the biggest steals in '18 recruiting.............yes it was against Monmouth but the neat thing about this player is that she plays her best in the biggest games.....looking forward to seeing her help VaTech pull some upsets this season.......

College basketball: Virginia Tech women stifle Monmouth in 2nd half

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Muffet says we are done except maybe a grad transfer.

“No, we’re done. I think we’re done,” McGraw said Thursday afternoon of whether Notre Dame will be adding any more high school players to a signee list that stands at merely two during a season in which the Irish are scheduled to exhaust the eligibility of four stars. "

“We’ll probably look at a grad transfer,” McGraw said of an alternative to signing more high schoolers from the class of 2019. "

Notre Dame women's hoops signs elite prospects Brunelle and Peoples

Reaction Score
Muffet says we are done except maybe a grad transfer.

“No, we’re done. I think we’re done,” McGraw said Thursday afternoon of whether Notre Dame will be adding any more high school players to a signee list that stands at merely two during a season in which the Irish are scheduled to exhaust the eligibility of four stars. "

“We’ll probably look at a grad transfer,” McGraw said of an alternative to signing more high schoolers from the class of 2019. "

Notre Dame women's hoops signs elite prospects Brunelle and Peoples

college recruiting is like war...............I don't trust what any other coach says until the signatures are signed and the recruit is on the practice floor..........

Reaction Score
that pesky little Mabrey, yes the one who went unranked by Hoppgurlz that just wasn't good enough for a top ten team had another productive game for VaTech......26 point on 9-14 shooting, 4-6 from three point land..gotta be one of the biggest steals in '18 recruiting...yes it was against Monmouth but the neat thing about this player is that she plays her best in the biggest games.....looking forward to seeing her help VaTech pull some upsets this season..

College basketball: Virginia Tech women stifle Monmouth in 2nd half
re upsets...it helps to have Kenny Brooks at the helm - he can coach.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
USC Trojans (not the horrible football team but the WOT) are now 4-0. They have played 3 home games of the 4 games played and the combined total attendance for their 3 home games is 1224 (412, 300, 512) Might as well play in local HS gyms and give all areas a chance to see them in different venues.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Wow, that's pathetic attendance for USC. What a shame. Their football team stinks, they should actually go watch a winner.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
USC Trojans (not the horrible football team but the WOT) are now 4-0. They have played 3 home games of the 4 games played and the combined total attendance for their 3 home games is 1224 (412, 300, 512) Might as well play in local HS gyms and give all areas a chance to see them in different venues.
As you know, that isn't anything new. Still terrible, however.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Wow, that's pathetic attendance for USC. What a shame. Their football team stinks, they should actually go watch a winner.
Hope you are watching OSU vs St Marys game. 30-12 OSU after one. It is raining 3's for OSU.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
As you know, that isn't anything new. Still terrible, however.
Hey Knight, Barnes has Arizona looking a lot better. How many years away are they from mid-PAC12? Reese was a great recruit! I think the over/under is 1 year. Am I too optimistic? You have season tix, correct?

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Hope you are watching OSU vs St Marys game. 30-12 OSU after one. It is raining 3's for OSU.

I am. I'm incensed at the refs though. 10-1 foul advantage in favor of SMC and at best 3 of the fouls called against OSU were legit. Utterly ridiculous, these refs are horrid.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
48-26 OSU at half, 2nd quarter wasn't very good. 10-17 behind the arc. Slocum and Goodman both have 12 points. 12 fouls called against OSU, 4 against SMC. Hard to believe.

edit--SMC has more made FT (9) than FG (8). Imagine how lopsided this would be if the refs weren't incompetent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom